TMS Bonus Footage

answerisyes

I pretty much had enough of all you people complaining about DJ, Richard and Ron not having accomplished anything special in their carreers and that Axl could've gotten better players.

Did any one of you guys think about what would happen if Axl got himself some big shot guitarists? There would be WAY to many ego's on stage. That's also the reason why there's no chance that Axl and Slash will be in the same band ever again. Both have way to big ego's. You guys are right that GN'R is Axl's band, but VR is Slash's band. If Slash doesn't want something it WON'T happen. So if Axl got himself some big ass guitarist it would've gone wrong between him and whoever he got as a new guitarist. So he did the right thing getting these people together.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dizzy did come off quite a bit less douche'y in this. He didn't act all badass like he was the last one standing from the height of GNR's fame for once. He sounded humble and grateful to be there as he should.

He never came off as douche'y to me. I think you just read whatever you want to read into his comments. He just told it like it is for Christ's sake - he IS the last guy from the old lineup. It is a fact. Interviewers ask stupid questions, so that's what you get, simple answers. But you read into it like he had some evil agenda.

+1

And enough of the damn DJ bashing, he plays the solos fine if youre not some connoiessour prick comparing every note to your mental log of the way Slash, Robin Finck, or Buckethead played it. His stage presence is absolutely great, people go nuts for him second only to Axl. He has a great attitude and his melodic style complements Ron's technical bits and Richard's grooving real well for a full sound. Get over it. I wasn't too impressed when I first saw him because he looked like an emo rocker, but having seen him in show and his interviews and other things, he's impressed me a lot. Axl made the right choice with him.

Edited by Flayer

Right now I'm browisng through all the new members' solo material, and I have to say, Tommy's comment about Axl pulling together a great band of people who'd never play together otherwise was very interesting and very right. Just imagine you were Tommy and you're sharing a studio with Buckethead or Chris Pitman or Brain or DJ for the first time....Axl has really done well at pulling together a band from such diverse talents, that's what gave Chinese Democracy it's depth.

And...is Chris still part of this band? No solos at the shows, no interviews...him and Richard should step out a bit, they're both real talented.

Edited by Flayer

you want to watch this outside the US? install a little program called hotspot shield, It will fake you ip adress to an US one, now you will be able to watch this! (If it doesn't work resart your computer)

download here: http://hotspotshield.com/

ow, I see some other people have posted solutions to...

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

Well Dizzy did come off quite a bit less douche'y in this. He didn't act all badass like he was the last one standing from the height of GNR's fame for once. He sounded humble and grateful to be there as he should.

He never came off as douche'y to me. I think you just read whatever you want to read into his comments. He just told it like it is for Christ's sake - he IS the last guy from the old lineup. It is a fact. Interviewers ask stupid questions, so that's what you get, simple answers. But you read into it like he had some evil agenda.

+1

And enough of the damn DJ bashing, he plays the solos fine if youre not some connoiessour prick comparing every note to your mental log of the way Slash, Robin Finck, or Buckethead played it. His stage presence is absolutely great, people go nuts for him second only to Axl. He has a great attitude and his melodic style complements Ron's technical bits and Richard's grooving real well for a full sound. Get over it. I wasn't too impressed when I first saw him because he looked like an emo rocker, but having seen him in show and his interviews and other things, he's impressed me a lot. Axl made the right choice with him.

+2

Just stay in the VR section and go ga-ga over all that Slash and Myles epitomize together. People on here are fans of Dizzy and DJ and what they bring to Guns.

Edited by The Archer

I agree. This should get way more attention.

First time the world has been officially introduced to the new band in a network tv setting and it was grand.

I enjoyed Tom mayhue the best.

He's been with Axl for the long haul.

"they were so poor they couldn't pay attention" :lol:

+1

+2

Just stay in the VR section and go ga-ga over all that Slash and Myles epitomize together. People on here are fans of Dizzy and DJ and what they bring to Guns.

Please dont speak for all of us. I am a big Axl fan, and although I wish Slash and Duff were a part of GNR, I am very happy with the current band as a whole and Im happy they are touring and sounding great. But I personally dont really like Dizzy. Never have. From the moment I first saw him headbanging while playing bongos on the UYI Tokyo home vidoes. Have always considered him an unnecessary addition to GNR. And his interviews make me dislike him even more. Like his story in the video of the whole band in (I think) Abu Dhabi where he rambles about meeting a guy with the same birthday as him. Wow. He just seems like a dork to me. But hey, just my opinion. And DJ, as far as his playing goes, Im undecided, he seems to do ok on tour. But his look/persona seems like hes a posing 24/7 like someone else suggested earlier. Anyways, just my opinion. And my point is we dont need to restrict ourselves to the VR forum just because we dont like some of the GNR members.

+1

+2

Please dont speak for all of us. I am a big Axl fan, and although I wish Slash and Duff were a part of GNR, I am very happy with the current band as a whole and Im happy they are touring and sounding great. But I personally dont really like Dizzy. Never have. From the moment I first saw him headbanging while playing bongos on the UYI Tokyo home vidoes. Have always considered him an unnecessary addition to GNR. And his interviews make me dislike him even more. Like his story in the video of the whole band in (I think) Abu Dhabi where he rambles about meeting a guy with the same birthday as him. Wow. He just seems like a dork to me. But hey, just my opinion. And DJ, as far as his playing goes, Im undecided, he seems to do ok on tour. But his look/persona seems like hes a posing 24/7 like someone else suggested earlier. Anyways, just my opinion. And my point is we dont need to restrict ourselves to the VR forum just because we dont like some of the GNR members.

That's all I was trying to say. So in this section we can only praise the current line-up of GNR? I think you want the other forum.

It was a great GnR moment all around, high praise for Axl on his usual wit and humor, ''a comic strip'' 'indeed!

Thanks for these extras, great stuff. I also wanted to post an oddity that I took a pic of on the shows first airing. Notice Comcast had the show listed as "New", now notice what year they say it is. (Year of release!) I thought it was a funny F-up, sorta eerie too. :huh:

gnr1111.jpg