What are you listening to right now?

Zint

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subdivisions by Rush.

That might be a contender for my favorite song by any band. It always struck a chord with me. Alex's guitar solo fits the song perfectly, the synth is absolutely huge, and even though Geddy only plays bass in the chorus he gets in that really cool run in before he starts singing. Great arrangement and lyrics.

Right now I'm listening to the Alive III version of Creatures of the Night by KISS. I'm trying to re-learn Bruce Kulick's solo - I haven't played this song in years but a friend of mine wants to jam it.

Subdivisions is definitely one of my all-time favourites. It's a perfect song.

Guest Len B'stard

Funniest interview ever! How anybody could have found these perfectly merry young lads to be some kind of threat to western society i'll never know :lol:

Who came up with the name Nevermind the Bollocks?

John: Steve...cuz he's rude.

Sid: and decadent

John: And uncouth...and fat! Very fat!

:lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

You never hear just Rotten and Vicious together talking, no one really knows how they interacted as friends.

You get the feeling Rotten talked down to him a bit, took the piss out of him, he's doing it in this very interview. He's like with everyone but he seemed to treat Sidney like he was a bit dim and naive. There's a KSAN interview where Vicious is having such a good time, doing Jamaican impressions and Rotten sounds SOOOO narked off, he's like "oh shut up, Sidney" in a really exasperated voice, like Sid was embarassing.

How would you hear them talking on their own anyway?

Edited by sugaraylen

Sid is never serious though, he always seems to be taking the piss out of someone or something in a kind of immature way. I imagine that that could be pretty grating, especially to someone like John who always seems to be really alert and aware of the conversation. John was joking around too, but when he needed to make a point he was quite serious.

Guest Len B'stard

Sid is never serious though, he always seems to be taking the piss out of someone or something in a kind of immature way. I imagine that that could be pretty grating, especially to someone like John who always seems to be really alert and aware of the conversation. John was joking around too, but when he needed to make a point he was quite serious.

Sid was just hilairious in his own silly boy way, i remember this interview where the guys like, so Sid, what do you bring new to the band? And he's like, "well first of all, we play a lot faster now cuz of me and secondly...well, it's just different, isn't it, when you take one thing away and put something else in then the thing ain't the same thing that the thing was in the first place" and then there's this awkward silence where you get the idea the interviewers like 'what this fuckin' is this boy chattin' about?" :lol: And Sids like, next question? :lol:

Anyway, on topic before i get accused of turning this into The Sex Pistols thread

Rollin' Wit' You - ODB

You never hear just Rotten and Vicious together talking, no one really knows how they interacted as friends.

You get the feeling Rotten talked down to him a bit, took the piss out of him, he's doing it in this very interview. He's like with everyone but he seemed to treat Sidney like he was a bit dim and naive. There's a KSAN interview where Vicious is having such a good time, doing Jamaican impressions and Rotten sounds SOOOO narked off, he's like "oh shut up, Sidney" in a really exasperated voice, like Sid was embarassing.

It was like having Steve O from "Jackass" in the band, we have to remember how young they were at the time, and how short that period of time was.

And the funny thing to me is that no one calls the Pistols "prefab" like The Monkees or The Runaways. It's no different, maybe more so with the Runaways. McLaren, Fowley, same creep, different accent.

Head vs R&R Swindle. Would be a good debate because they captured each band's demise. I think Swindle's too disjointed, and prob. not the movie Julien Temple envisioned it to be. Without Rotten taking part in it, it's just punk rock sketch comedy for Jonesy and Vicious. It's campy and a cult classic.

As far as that San Fran interview went? He was annoyed about way more than that.

Guest Len B'stard

It was like having Steve O from "Jackass" in the band, we have to remember how young they were at the time, and how short that period of time was.

And the funny thing to me is that no one calls the Pistols "prefab" like The Monkees or The Runaways. It's no different, maybe more so with the Runaways. McLaren, Fowley, same creep, different accent.

Head vs R&R Swindle. Would be a good debate because they captured each band's demise. I think Swindle's too disjointed, and prob. not the movie Julien Temple envisioned it to be. Without Rotten taking part in it, it's just punk rock sketch comedy for Jonesy and Vicious. It's campy and a cult classic.

As far as that San Fran interview went? He was annoyed about way more than that.

You'd be suprised how many people subscribe to that prefab shit even with The Pistols too. I like the idea of the swindle just not the way in which it was executed i.e at the expense of the band and i don't just mean financially either, Head i regard as something of a disreharded classic that was a lot more intelligent than people gave it credit for.

And yeah John was pissed about a lot more than in San Fran but its another example of him being horrible to Sid, they treated him like a fool and he played up to that and i think Rotten knows it now.

I mean they nicknamed him fucking useless and had a go at him during the whole american tour while he was kicking heroin on a bus, poor sod.

He'll forever be remembered as this sick guy when he was just a silly kid, its really quite sad.