What are you listening to right now?

Zint

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I LOVE IT! Makes me wanna get up and dance! And there's one unmistakable legendary voice in there! What is the track? :)

Its called world destruction by afrikka bambaataa feat john lydon...so next time someone tells you aerosmith and run dmc started rock rap you know they're full of shit :)

go to youtube and check out The Rabbit Song by John Lydon :)

The Rabbit Song is great. I can't believe the diversity of this guy. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone quite like him actually. The more I listen to PiL, the more I hear. It's like every time I hear something else in it that I didn't hear the previous time and I'm definitely starting to get 'moods' where I really have to listen to them. :)

Guest Len B'stard

The Rabbit Song is great. I can't believe the diversity of this guy. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone quite like him actually. The more I listen to PiL, the more I hear. It's like every time I hear something else in it that I didn't hear the previous time and I'm definitely starting to get 'moods' where I really have to listen to them. :)

Even Malcolm McLaren did a rap song :lol: See Malcolms got a thing where he tries to get in on the ground floor of every new musical movement and claim he invented it, he managed that with punk as a happy accident but with Hip Hop he happened to accidentally be in NYC and got taken down to The Bronx and saw, y'know, guys mixin' two old songs together to create a new song and B Boys and MCs and though, y'know, wow, this is the height of post modernism, new music from old music throwing mixing and invention, he even released a song:

He even did the same with 8 bit chip music.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I remember this track! That's so funny. Is that the only hip hop song he made? It seems to me that he really capitalised on what was going on at the time. Quite ingenious and opportunistic. :)

He strikes me as like, some kinda character out of Dickens, did ol' Malcolm. He did an albums worth of hip hop influenced stuff called Duck Rock i believe. His heroes, get this, he listed as "Fagin & Scrooge" :lol:

On topic:

Bristol Hotel - LL Cool J

Edited by sugaraylen

No fucking way! That is unbelievable! And you are right, he is totally Dickensian! In fact, the whole bloody lot of them are. All the Sex Pistols could absolutely be out of Oliver Twist or David Copperfield or Nicholas Nickleby. Great, great characters. The connection is amazing, just a different time. :D