Biggest douchebag in rock

Towelie

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gene is ace and Courtney's a spitfire. Honestly, the only person I have a problem with is Nikki Sixx, solely because he's the only one on the list who doesn't make me laugh. I like it when a celebrity is an asshole. I like it a lot more than when they pretend to be the most humble and down-to-earth people on the planet. I mean, sure, maybe some of them are just that humble, but most of them are suppressing their inner asshole. Everybody's got an inner asshole; why not express it? Especially if you're a funny asshole. :thumbsup:

I think Gene is ace and Courtney's a spitfire. Honestly, the only person I have a problem with is Nikki Sixx, solely because he's the only one on the list who doesn't make me laugh. I like it when a celebrity is an asshole. I like it a lot more than when they pretend to be the most humble and down-to-earth people on the planet. I mean, sure, maybe some of them are just that humble, but most of them are suppressing their inner asshole. Everybody's got an inner asshole; why not express it? Especially if you're a funny asshole. :thumbsup:

+1. Gene and Courtney stand by being assholes, Nikki Sixx does not. He takes himself so seriously where Gene and Courtney can't at least laugh at themselves and also admit to some episodes not being their finest moments. You know they can be assholes - what you see is what you get, take it or leave it. At least they're honest and not living on a lie of an image.

Shut up about Dave Grohl being the biggest douche in rock. I'm not a fan of Foo Fighters, but if you have seen interviews with the guy, it easy to understand why he is known as the nicest man in rock n roll.

But I get it, you are just naming him to be a little controversial... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Guest Len B'stard

The problem with this question is that rockstars are subject to such close scrutiny y'know, their whole lives are documented in biographies, sometimes inaccurately and in a persons life one does many things that could possibly leave them prey to accusations of being a cunt. I can't think of any of my favourite artists, Johnny Rotten or Joe Strummer or John Lennon or any of them that i know about in any detail that haven't, at some point or another, done something or done a bunch of things that could leave them in the cunt category.

I can pick ones that seem like nice guys though? Jimi Hendrix, he seemed like a really nice soft spoken sort of a bloke but even with him there's like a good few stories of him being not a very nice lad. Rockstars have to stand on and be judged on, as middle aged men sometimes, things that they did in their late teens/early twenties.

Dave Grohl is hilarious, he just acts like a guy who digs music, there's a vid of him at a Soundgarden show just chilling out like any other fan, his band is popular as fuck and I think the music is boring and Kurt would probably not be interested but that's beside the point, he seems a good guy.

The problem with this question is that rockstars are subject to such close scrutiny y'know, their whole lives are documented in biographies, sometimes inaccurately and in a persons life one does many things that could possibly leave them prey to accusations of being a cunt. I can't think of any of my favourite artists, Johnny Rotten or Joe Strummer or John Lennon or any of them that i know about in any detail that haven't, at some point or another, done something or done a bunch of things that could leave them in the cunt category.

I can pick ones that seem like nice guys though? Jimi Hendrix, he seemed like a really nice soft spoken sort of a bloke but even with him there's like a good few stories of him being not a very nice lad. Rockstars have to stand on and be judged on, as middle aged men sometimes, things that they did in their late teens/early twenties.

Rock stars are meant to be douchebags.

wats the problem with nikki sixx? wat he done?

Read The Dirt. Only guy that comes out of that book as a good guy is Mick Mars.

Yeah I got that impression too, Mick seems like a genuine cool and modest dude, I don't know how he can put up with the other three dudes :xmassrudolph:

Coincidentally I think that Mick is by far the most talented member in Motley as well

Julian Casablancas and Scott Stapp have plenty of proof from fans and appearances of being high on the douche radar.

A douchebag in rock has to be short on talent and big on ego. An asshole in rock has the talent to back the bad attitude up.

It's good to get some clarification.

So really a douche is an asshole whose music you hate?

Edited by wasted

Guest Len B'stard

If by douche you mean like, would you like to hang about in a room with em for any length of time then fucking none of them, they all seem like cunts. Cept John Lydon, i can imagine getting on with him...and Joe Strummer, Mick Jones...no one out of Guns n Roses particularly, cept maybe Stevie Adler, Roger Daltrey seems like a fair sort of bloke, John Entwhistle, Moonie'd be a laugh but someone that has the capacity to constantly get you into trouble might breach the arsehole barrier after a while...Axl Rose i don't think i'd like to spend any amount of time with, as much as i love his music, he's good where he is. Kurt Cobain, again, fine where he is (or was). Krist Novoselic seems a great laugh. I dunno, it's difficult to judge i mean, these interviews they do, they ain't really like, relaxed in em, are they? It's a pressurised situation, you ain't getting no like, reflection of their real character.

Mick Jagger seems like he'd be alright, if a bit defensive. Keith Richards seems like he might be a total twat, Ron Wood comes across as pretty safe and Charlie Watts too. All of Led Zeppelin come off as twats. Noel Gallagher, Mani, they seem like they'd be alright. Ian Brown? Hmmmmm:

Seems like he'd be easily wound up, doesn't he? :lol: Nah, he seems alright!

Mick Jagger seems like he'd be alright, if a bit defensive. Keith Richards seems like he might be a total twat, Ron Wood comes across as pretty safe and Charlie Watts too. All of Led Zeppelin come off as twats. Noel Gallagher, Mani, they seem like they'd be alright.

Some of them are just opinionated, I don't see Noel as a bad guy really. With the Stones, Ron and Keith seem the most douchey, but they're the ones who seem wasted all the time too.

For the most part, the Zeppelin guys were no more twats than someone like Freddie Mercury or Ritchie Blackmore.

BUT John Bonham, drunk. That's a different story. Drunk Bonzo has to be near the top 10.

I've never liked Dave Grohl. People like Liam Gallagher and Axl Rose just seem real to me. Sure, they can be assholes, but can't we all? They just don't fake it. Axl was cool as fuck when I met him, and I'm sure LG would be the same.

Edited by ITW 2012

Why Dave Grohl? I ain't disputing it, just, i think perhaps there's something i don't know here, seeing how unanimous it appears to be, he seems a fair enough fella.

I've met Dave a few times and his a great bloke he was really down to earth and friendly I vote Nikki

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I think the douchiest guy in the last few years has been Weiland.

I had no respect for what he did to the VR guys...bros who had his back and tried to stick by him.

And he fuckin shits on them and fucks off for a an STP cashgrab reunion.

Despicable.

Guest Len B'stard

Why, what did he do man? :lol: Like Moonie type antics?

things like this:

http://www.steveacker.com/bonhamandme.htm

or throwing George Harrisson into a pool on his birthday, smashing a painting over a reporters head, driving a Rolls thru the dealership window...

No see thats the kind of behaviour i expect from my rockstars, well played to him! I wonder if he ever met Moonie. I'm sure he must have, there's even some Led Zeppelin thing on youtube where Moonie comes onstage mid gig. Looks like they might've gotten along although Moon always struck me as more humourous than anything. Throwing someone into a pool ain't bad is ittt, really? :lol:

I think the douchiest guy in the last few years has been Weiland.

I had no respect for what he did to the VR guys...bros who had his back and tried to stick by him.

And he fuckin shits on them and fucks off for a an STP cashgrab reunion.

Despicable.

They froze Scott out for the last 6 months, they didn't even talk to him according to Slash. And they claim they fired Scott so he didn't leave them for STP. They thought Scott could be easily replaced - they were wrong. They're gonna play a gig with Scott soon so obviously they've put it all behind them now, that's all that matters.