Biggest douchebag in rock

Towelie

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He always gave off the impression, to me at least, of someone that just like...wanted to play with a good group of musicians and, y'know, that was his cardinal interest and he wasn't the kind of person to like, pick up on or care about like, little bitchy things but with that statement, the bit about the "underlying fucking theme" that he couldn't quite put his finger on, that could be as much him than Scott. And also the thing about him not being part of the mechanics of the group and it irking him that Scott was too high maintenance to be in the trenches with the guys, i kinda get the feeling that he lets little things like this slip that kinda indicate that he's not quite the sweetheart that he makes out.

And this is coming from a confirmed Slashite btw. I mean, obviously, i'm not a child, i've never really thought the break up of any band is ever all down to one person, nor has Slash ever given me the impression that he was trying to say that but, i dunno, they're kinda little subtle indicators that the guys not quite the sweetie he generally comes across as or comes across as to me. Not saying he's some arch fucking villian of every piece he's played in, just saying.

And y'know "he didn't know we already planned on extraditing him", it's like...so basically, at any given point, there was a fair bit going on behind Scotts back.

As i say, don't really care one way or the other and Scott ain't exactly Mother Theresa but, yeah, two sides to a coin and all that.

Yes, yes. I am also starting to see some parallels with Guns and VR break-up. Both times its been mentioned that the band didn't try to speak to their frontmen which is just sad because if you band member (who perhaps is also a very close friend) is having problems or just being a plain pain in the ass your supposed to talk/confront them not "extradite" them from the fold... that's just cold. Or perhaps they did try and failed and thus decided to ignore him as a result?

I feel like I have been under the illusion as a fan that they were all close friends at some point, while in reality its just a band and a job at the end of the day... :no:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never thought this about Slash before having been a fan for many many years but, from that interview at least, you definitely get the impression that he's not as easy going as he might initially come across.

hmm... yes. The entire situation seems very childish to me.

He always gave off the impression, to me at least, of someone that just like...wanted to play with a good group of musicians and, y'know, that was his cardinal interest and he wasn't the kind of person to like, pick up on or care about like, little bitchy things but with that statement, the bit about the "underlying fucking theme" that he couldn't quite put his finger on, that could be as much him than Scott. And also the thing about him not being part of the mechanics of the group and it irking him that Scott was too high maintenance to be in the trenches with the guys, i kinda get the feeling that he lets little things like this slip that kinda indicate that he's not quite the sweetheart that he makes out.

And this is coming from a confirmed Slashite btw. I mean, obviously, i'm not a child, i've never really thought the break up of any band is ever all down to one person, nor has Slash ever given me the impression that he was trying to say that but, i dunno, they're kinda little subtle indicators that the guys not quite the sweetie he generally comes across as or comes across as to me. Not saying he's some arch fucking villian of every piece he's played in, just saying.

And y'know "he didn't know we already planned on extraditing him", it's like...so basically, at any given point, there was a fair bit going on behind Scotts back.

As i say, don't really care one way or the other and Scott ain't exactly Mother Theresa but, yeah, two sides to a coin and all that.

I love Slash for his work but during the VR break up I saw another side of him (which that interview shows) that I didn't like. I was very shocked by some of the things he said, I'd never have thought he'd act in such a way and it made me realize that maybe Axl weren't as horrible as we were led to believe. They pointed the finger at Axl and then they pointed the finger at Scott, that just didn't sit right with me.

I don't hate Slash at all but he just isn't this super sweet guy who gets along with everyone as many people seem to think he is, he can be an asshole too which the treatment of Scott is proof of, there is no excuse for the way Scott was treated in the end especially considering they all did drugs and had to go to rehab during VR, it's hypocritical to blame Scott when they all were guilty of doing the same as he did. I won't lie, it made me lose some respect for the others.

Yes, yes. I am also starting to see some parallels with Guns and VR break-up. Both times its been mentioned that the band didn't try to speak to their frontmen which is just sad because if you band member (who perhaps is also a very close friend) is having problems or just being a plain pain in the ass your supposed to talk/confront them not "extradite" them from the fold... that's just cold. Or perhaps they did try and failed and thus decided to ignore him as a result?

I feel like I have been under the illusion as a fan that they were all close friends at some point, while in reality its just a band and a job at the end of the day... :no:

There are quite a few parallels between the GNR and VR break up, too many for it to be a coincidence imo. Not saying Axl and Scott were without fault but obviously the parallels between the two break ups shows that the others are not as easy to work with/get along with either and so every time I hear them say something that places the blame with Axl and Scott makes me cringe now.

I agree, it's upsetting as a fan to have thought they were close friends and then to see how it really was...

Guest Len B'stard
love Slash for his work but during the VR break up I saw another side of him (which that interview shows) that I didn't like. I was very shocked by some of the things he said, I'd never have thought he'd act in such a way and it made me realize that maybe Axl weren't as horrible as we were led to believe. They pointed the finger at Axl and then they pointed the finger at Scott, that just didn't sit right with me.

I don't hate Slash at all but he just isn't this super sweet guy who gets along with everyone as many people seem to think he is, he can be an asshole too which the treatment of Scott is proof of, there is no excuse for the way Scott was treated in the end especially considering they all did drugs and had to go to rehab during VR, it's hypocritical to blame Scott when they all were guilty of doing the same as he did. I won't lie, it made me lose some respect for the others.

To be honest, i'm not 100% with you either in the "there's no excuse for the way Scott was treated" thing, mines more of a 'i'm seeing vague indicators of Slash being more human than i thought he was' thing :lol: Human as in prone to the same sort of meanie-ness well all are. I'm not saying he's the bad guy in any of those situations as far as my feeling goes.

love Slash for his work but during the VR break up I saw another side of him (which that interview shows) that I didn't like. I was very shocked by some of the things he said, I'd never have thought he'd act in such a way and it made me realize that maybe Axl weren't as horrible as we were led to believe. They pointed the finger at Axl and then they pointed the finger at Scott, that just didn't sit right with me.

To be honest, i'm not 100% with you either in the "there's no excuse for the way Scott was treated" thing, mines more of a 'i'm seeing vague indicators of Slash being more human than i thought he was' thing :lol: Human as in prone to the same sort of meanie-ness well all are. I'm not saying he's the bad guy in any of those situations as far as my feeling goes.

Neither am I, I'm just saying they all (including Slash) contributed to the break up(s)

I've never thought this about Slash before having been a fan for many many years but, from that interview at least, you definitely get the impression that he's not as easy going as he might initially come across.

hmm... yes. The entire situation seems very childish to me.

Yup.

Axl is portrayed as the evil one and Slash as the nice guy who just want to rock......when that clearly isn't the case.

GnR had major personnel changes.

Snake Pit had two different singers.

Velvet Revolver had singer issues.

Axl might have been hard to work with for sure. But he had nothing to do with snakepit or VR having multiple singers. Slash is the common denominater.

At the end of the day, they are all pamphered spoiled people who are super wealthy and used to being fawned over by people. And all probably bring an attitude to the table.

With that said, I'm a fan of their music, so i try not to get caught up in all the stupid blame game crap, when known of us were there, so we as fans, really have no idea what happened behind the scenes.

• 4 weeks later...