Anyone seen this Rhiad live?

bumblerose

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I really have no idea what was on Axl mind back in 2002... it's the complete circus, but I really enjoy it, so crazy... this song is my least favorite song on the album BUT it's kickass live, they should definitely give it a new go in 2012.

when Rhiad was first performed in 2000 at The House of Blues, it sounded unfinished, like it was a work in progress. I sort of liked it back then.

Further down the line once they completed work on it, it was never really improved on, and is one of the weaker tracks on CD. Live, the drums tend to sound too bouncy ?

The intro vocals sound kind of tribal, atleast thats my take. Reminds me alittle of the Rolling Stones song they once covered, Sympathy for the Devil. It sounds like an attempt at that vibe.

Edited by vaida

I don't think it would have been good in 2010. It's way too high for Axl to have hit it. It still is. If he struggled to hit the high notes in 2002 when he was hitting ridiculously high notes the whole show better than anything else, I don't think he could have done it in 2010 or last year. I have a feeling that is the reason why it hasn't been played since 2002, not the lawsuit.

I don't think it would have been good in 2010. It's way too high for Axl to have hit it. It still is. If he struggled to hit the high notes in 2002 when he was hitting ridiculously high notes the whole show better than anything else, I don't think he could have done it in 2010 or last year. I have a feeling that is the reason why it hasn't been played since 2002, not the lawsuit.

I never believed it was the lawsuit anyways. All that was for was the intro before the delayed guitar comes in. They could have easily played it without that.

I live Rhiad too, if you take out the electronica, It's the only song that I could see the old band playing too, actually reminds me of old Guns.

There's no "eletronica". I have no idea why people say this when the song is all about guitars, bass and drums. Very minor keys show up here and there, but thats it.

I think many have it as an industrial aong because of the mudded quality of the bootlegs. I dunno, aside from the intro (the sampled one and the pulse), there's no industrial or electronic in there.

I never understood the hate for Riad. I think it's awesome! The main riff is great. One of my favorites from the album, for sure. Decent performance here too.

I totally agree. Never really understood the hate. Its my favorite since I first heard the Vegas bootleg, back in January 2001.

I live Rhiad too, if you take out the electronica, It's the only song that I could see the old band playing too, actually reminds me of old Guns.

There's no "eletronica". I have no idea why people say this when the song is all about guitars, bass and drums. Very minor keys show up here and there, but thats it.

I think many have it as an industrial aong because of the mudded quality of the bootlegs. I dunno, aside from the intro (the sampled one and the pulse), there's no industrial or electronic in there.

I never understood the hate for Riad. I think it's awesome! The main riff is great. One of my favorites from the album, for sure. Decent performance here too.

I totally agree. Never really understood the hate. Its my favorite since I first heard the Vegas bootleg, back in January 2001.

It is by far the heaviest song on the album, it seems some people on here just listened to the intro than turned it off. I am glad they chose Bumblefoot over the Finck/Buckethead solo, since that version would have been classified as industrial, Ron's tracks made the song sound more hard rock.

I don't think Axl could perform it live nowadays.

Edited by BirdCatcher