Anyone seen this Rhiad live?

bumblerose

Paul did fine when he played Izzy's parts live.

So much complexcity in the guitars alone. There's also the keyboards, the two bass parts, programming and such. Finally you have the vocals that were recorded years apart. Some from 1999 to 2000 others from 2006 to 2007.

There need to be a thread about this.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it in Detroit in 2001. Wish I could brag about it but it's a horrible song that received a horrible reaction from the crowd. Glad they tossed it from the lineup. Now only if they'd do the same for Street of Dreams.

Cheers,

Andrew

You were unlucky to see the worst version ever performed, unfortunately. I would love hear them have a go at it now. I think they would tear it up. When you listen to the multi-tracks, it's mind boggling how intricate this song it. It's got so many layers and textures going on, it's crazy. And crank it up in the car and tell me this song doesn't kick ass...

Bucket parts weren't done by Pitman. Its just some fast notes using a whammy, I assume.

Oh, I thought he was talking about a possible scenario where Bucket wouldn't be in the band and Pitman had to play his parts live... lol!

I like the "oh my salvation" part. If that was looped for 2 minutes I'd be happy.

You made me laugh... I can totally imagine that part looping for 2 minutes straight :rofl-lol:

Bucket parts weren't done by Pitman. Its just some fast notes using a whammy, I assume.

Oh, I thought he was talking about a possible scenario where Bucket wouldn't be in the band and Pitman had to play his parts live... lol!

I like the "oh my salvation" part. If that was looped for 2 minutes I'd be happy.

You made me laugh... I can totally imagine that part looping for 2 minutes straight :rofl-lol:

I was talking about the possibility that Buckets parts were going to be played by Pitman but I know Ron is playing them now.

I like the "oh my salvation" part. If that was looped for 2 minutes I'd be happy. But the rest is meh, although I don't think it's the worst on the album. In my opinion it's Scraped. It seems to get a lot of love but I don't get it. Music sounds like a bucket solo song and axl's lyrics are corny.

Scraped's guitar solo was also done by Ron.

It was, but I can go look up about 40 buckethead songs that sound like scraped in some fashion or another. That song just never grabbed me.

I like riad, the opening sounds ridiculously like two songs by Ulrich Schnauss. On that performance he doesn't give the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH's enough ahhness. At first I thought what the fuck is this, but those aahs slowly warmed to me and I think the story of the song being about his one time crazy brother in law dealing arms is bizarre yet compelling.