Better remix discussion

Young_Gun

The production does sound legitimate. Someone said it was a Brain remix and while that may or may not be the case, it certainly does incorporate the funk and hip hop elements that Brain infuses with his sound. Virtually nothing except Axl's vocals were transferred over from the original. The level of work gone into the instruments and mixing make me think it is legitimate. Mods if there is a problem with this thread, please let me know and I will take it down. I do not see this thread as breaking the rules in any way however.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To reiterate after some listens to the track, it's clear that this is not just some Audicity edit or playing around with the multitracks. The acoustic guitar alone is of studio quality and follows the melody of the Better vocals, so it wasn't just ripped off or sampled off another song.

Posted this in the other thread....

The acoustic guitars do sound good, especially from 3:30-4:10. Even if this is a fake, it still shows how killer an acoustic version of Better could be.

The quotes are too cartoonish tho. "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" Are you fucking kidding me?

Posted this in the other thread....

The acoustic guitars do sound good, especially from 3:30-4:10. Even if this is a fake, it still shows how killer an acoustic version of Better could be.

The quotes are too cartoonish tho. "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" Are you fucking kidding me?

If it is actually the Brain remix though, it totally fits his character. He isn't the brooding, serious musician that Axl seems to be. Even though he can play like a motherfucker.

Acoustic guitar? Maybe it was a bad translation but I remember an interview that Ron mentioned something about laying down an acoustic guitar track on Better...but then again it was translated and probably a really bad translation. Can somebody help me with a PM?

If this is fanmade...well god damn that fan is talented.

Indeed. If it is real, one has to question where it came from also... And what else there may be. I never believed the fucken Portuguese hoarders thing and I still don't. I don't think anyone has The General, Zodiac, Oklahoma etc. At one point someone did have Checkmate but according to what is out there, they stopped that from leaking.

If this is fanmade...well god damn that fan is talented.

Indeed. If it is real, one has to question where it came from also... And what else there may be. I never believed the fucken Portuguese hoarders thing and I still don't. I don't think anyone has The General, Zodiac, Oklahoma etc. At one point someone did have Checkmate but according to what is out there, they stopped that from leaking.

yeah if this is real where the fuck did it come from? i mean i remember brain saying a while back how axl wanted to do a remix album but hasnt brain been quiet for a while now?

Good,God.This re-mix (if you could even call it that) is fucking terrible! No,I'm not saying effort didn't go into it,or that it sounds "amatuer-ish" at all,it's just plain bad.The only good thing to say about it would be Axl's singing/the very brief acoustic bits,which can be heard on any of the aformentioned Better acoustic covers.I wish I was into remixes,but I'm not ... Not when we're thirsty for some fresh material.Somebody leak something new already.

Good,God.This re-mix (if you could even call it that) is fucking terrible! No,I'm not saying effort didn't go into it,or that it sounds "amatuer-ish" at all,it's just plain bad.The only good thing to say about it would be Axl's singing/the very brief acoustic bits,which can be heard on any of the aformentioned Better acoustic covers.I wish I was into remixes,but I'm not ... Not when we're thirsty for some fresh material.Somebody leak something new already.

Oh yes, the remix is all over the place and does not blend at all. If they are adamant about putting out a remix disk, it should be packaged alongside a blu-ray of a concert of re-release of Chidem. A standalone release will see it slammed by critics and fans alike. I always wanted the remixes to go into a dance/techno direction ala Tiesto as I think Axl's vocals would be sublime in those genres.

better stopped being a good song. why in heaven's name would anyone do this kind of thing. This is worse than my world and I mean that in sincere seriousness.

nothing against remixes, but they only make sense if they improve or at least qualitatively stay in the same region as the original. this is worse than most of the stuff released by the people who call themselves artists and attract simpleminded casual listeners. Good God this is terrible. for the first time in my gnr listening history I have found something so unlistenable that I have never thought possible

Edited by the rush

To even bother with these damn remixes is so pointless.Especially for a band like GNR.As long as we waited for Chinese Democracy, it frustrates me to even know that rather than focusing on new songs, they insist on tweaking the old ones for no good reason."Better" is a terrific song as it is.No need to fuck with it.Hell, I'd take that god awful Slash/Fergie mix of Paradise City over this one.

To even bother with these damn remixes is so pointless.Especially for a band like GNR.As long as we waited for Chinese Democracy, it frustrates me to even know that rather than focusing on new songs, they insist on tweaking the old ones for no good reason."Better" is a terrific song as it is.No need to fuck with it.Hell, I'd take that god awful Slash/Fergie mix of Paradise City over this one.

I agree. In my view, anyone who is ready to do a remix of their own song stopped being a real musician for me. an with no artistic integrity

Edited by the rush