Better remix discussion

Young_Gun

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you see why Axl says we're not ready to hear his new music yet? People would flip out for a "stripped down" remix that took away half the parts in each song to make it sound simpler but they've got no patience for the experimental.

I really hope this is not a legit release. Its completely pointless, its disjointed, doesnt flow and is a million miles away from the reason I love this band.

Sad day if it does turn out to be official.

If that is legit it's awful. Man that sucked.

Why would Brain do such crap?

Whoever did it, it's horrible.

awful

Dreadful stuff :shrugs:

Now you see why Axl says we're not ready to hear his new music yet? People would flip out for a "stripped down" remix that took away half the parts in each song to make it sound simpler but they've got no patience for the experimental.

I really hope this is not a legit release. Its completely pointless, its disjointed, doesnt flow and is a million miles away from the reason I love this band.

Sad day if it does turn out to be official.

If that is legit it's awful. Man that sucked.

Why would Brain do such crap?

Whoever did it, it's horrible.

awful

Dreadful stuff :shrugs:

I personally think people don't like it because it is a terrible remix. Plain and simple. It's not the stripped down feel of the remix that people are having a backlash to..

You will all love it eventually. Like Shackler's Revenge, everyone hated it to begin with. These songs grow on you.

No Sweersa, I don't think everyone will like it. It's a whole different animal. I would hope that people give it a few listens and try to appreciate it it, though.

All right, I just downloaded this and played it out of my big speakers. It's legit. You can tell comparing it against fan remixes and demos and stuff. Also sounds a lot better on the big speakers. I do have a lot of weird experimental tastes, but I think you might find yourself liking it after a few more listens.

Also played it right after the original. There's a ton of parallels even in the stuff that sounds totally different. That hip hop beat is pretty much the same drum pattern as the original. The wedding organ thing is substituting for the synth in the original.

Edited by Flayer

Flayer, I gave it a couple listens. It's SO bad. It doesn't flow. I've seen other Gn'R remixes or mashups or whatever that sounded much better. Even that guy who mashes VR with Gn'R and Izzy/Slash solo stuff.

My, oh, my. I didn't necessarily want remixes, but I wouldn't mind them if they were still straight up GUNS N' ROSES type stuff.

Yeah, Axl at one time said we weren't ready for some style of songs that they were working on. But at the same time, I think that's not giving fans enough credit. I know a shit song/remix when I hear one, and that "Better" is it.

I think it woulda been cool had Axl recorded different versions of Appetite back in the late '90s rather than doing a straight forward re-record. I like the "Mr. Brownstone" intro they do at live shows, for example.

Anyway ...

Please don't let this be real. From the metal-sludge link, it gives it a little authenticity, b ut at the same time, someone could have seen that link and then remixed Better to fit into the storyline that all that material was hacked/stolen.

It definitely sounds to me like it's professionally mixed, and something that Brain would do. Can't say I love it but it is interesting ... while it plays at one point it says Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy: The Remixes.

Could this be an upcoming release? Or a companion disc to a CD re-release?

Where/when?

It appears on top of the pic in the youtube video at 0:44.