Which will happen first?

Apollo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow first show of 2012 has been played and all this doom and gloom. Give em a chance . If the members wanted to leave I'm sure they would be gone by now.

True dat! The band really likes playing with each other. Didnt Tommy say this is the tightest the band has ever been? My gut will go with Tommy's comments over a person on this forum who thinks they know it all.

Edited by batman007

Wow first show of 2012 has been played and all this doom and gloom. Give em a chance .

Nah. Same shit since 2001 and "new" songs since 2006 and the last few tours. It's too late to "give em a chance".

Then what are u doing here? :shrugs: if its too late for you to give them a chance what is here for you? :confused:

Wow first show of 2012 has been played and all this doom and gloom. Give em a chance .

Nah. Same shit since 2001 and "new" songs since 2006 and the last few tours. It's too late to "give em a chance".

Then what are u doing here? :shrugs: if its too late for you to give them a chance what is here for you? :confused:

Ah yes, the "what are you doing here?" bit used by the "fan" who can't face the reality that this band NEEDS to have new music in order to survive. The fact is that, although it's cool that they're out there playing, they desperately need something new. I'm a fan of the band and have been for years but the same tour over and over is getting ridiculous.

Ah yes, the "what are you doing here?" bit used by the "fan" who can't face the reality that this band NEEDS to have new music in order to survive. The fact is that, although it's cool that they're out there playing, they desperately need something new. I'm a fan of the band and have been for years but the same tour over and over is getting ridiculous.

Basically... 2001-2006 was completely acceptable because CD hadn't been released yet and they debuted new songs. 2009 and 2010 were completely excusable since it was the first tour since CD came out and they did not promote it when it came out. 2011-2012 is getting kinda boring tho.

I think it would be DJ he is younger ,tries really hard to be hip and has energy to spare.Hes looking for something big and I dont think coasting on other peoples songs and fame would be his cup of tea for a expanded time.I would think he would be the one pushing for change and if he doesnt see it soon he will be the first to walk.Bumble has so many other careers and family issues I think keeping it the way it is for now would benifit him,not that he wouldnt see the waste.

Not sure if a new record is really need at this point. There's not much room in the set for new material. If they squeeze in Better, Sorry and TIL that's great but most people just want to hear the hits and see a living legend deliver a great performance.

Unfortunately the next thing that will probably happen is a member leaving. I can see Bumble going as I do not think he is content with being in a nostalgic, cover band for much longer. He is a prolific musician as Bucket was. It doesn't seem like a re-release or new album is happening so the chance of a member leaving from now til then is greater...

Unfortunately the next thing that will probably happen is a member leaving. I can see Bumble going as I do not think he is content with being in a nostalgic, cover band for much longer. He is a prolific musician as Bucket was. It doesn't seem like a re-release or new album is happening so the chance of a member leaving from now til then is greater...

I'd be happy if his choice was to leave the band...unless they are/were writing new material which is very unlikely at this point.

I agree to some extent.

If the newest release from the band, let's say extremely soon 2014, is ChD II with Buckect/Finck stuff mainly - which imho is very possible - then I'd say there's 50/50 chance that Bumble is going to leave. Which should btw jeoperdize future tours for a very long, long time.

If next album is going to be Ron/Fortus/Asba thing and is delivered in the same space of time, somewhere in 2014 - which imho is unrealistic - then maybe, just maybe Ron will stay.

Edited by Iras

I agree to some extent.

If the newest release from the band, let's say extremely soon 2014, is ChD II with Buckect/Finck stuff mainly - which imho is very possible - then I'd say there's 50/50 chance that Bumble is going to leave. Which should btw jeoperdize future tours for a very long, long time.

If next album is going to be Ron/Fortus/Asba thing and is delivered in the same space of time, somewhere in 2014 - which imho is unrealistic - then maybe, just maybe Ron will stay.

You do know that Ron was on every single track of Chinese Democracy right? He's all over the album.

Not sure if a new record is really need at this point. There's not much room in the set for new material. If they squeeze in Better, Sorry and TIL that's great but most people just want to hear the hits and see a living legend deliver a great performance.

you're nuts (only my opinion!) between the band jams, solos, and covers there plenty of fat to trim in the setlist, just from thre Friday night set list, there's 11 songs that could be cut, almost an albums worth -----and you still get all the hits

01. Welcome To The Jungle

02. It's So Easy

03. Mr. Brownstone

04. Estranged

05. Rocket Queen

06. This I Love

07. Fortus solo (James Bond Theme)----------cut

08. Live And Let Die------------------cut

09. Sorry

10. You Could Be Mine

11. Better

12. DJ solo (Ballad Of Death)---------------cut

13. Sweet Child Of Mine

14. Another Brick In The Wall Jam-----------------cut

15. November Rain

16. Bumble solo (Pink Panther Theme)------------------cut

17. Whole Lotta Rosie-----------------------------cut

18. Civil War

19. Knockin On Heavens Door-----------------------cut

20. Nightrain

-----Encore-----

21. Instrumental Jam #1-------------------------cut

22. Madagascar

23. Don't Cry

24. Motivation-------------------------------cut

25. Instrumental Jam #2-------------------cut

26. Patience

27. Instrumental Jam #3---------------------cut

28. Paradise City

Edited by jmapelian

if they cut all the solo's, band jams, and covers - they could play all CD and all the hits and everybody's happy :rofl-lol:

Agreed.

The problem is Axl stamina and some songs we want to be played are to hard to Axl sing everynight (Twat, perfect crime ...)

Edited by bumblecool