What hell is wrong with his voice ?

realpoti

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what Dave Grohl was talking about at The Grammys the other night - the HUMAN element?

Dude's 50, goes 3 hours plus every show, and respects his craft enough to not cheat with computer enhancements which means risking occasional "off-nights" like this.

Keyword risk. That's what rock music is supposed to be about!

Yeah, he's having a bad night with half of his voice. The other screaming half is KILLING it. But yeah, it happens.

He has vibrato these days, so I'm happy. In 2001-2002 he didn't have vibrato while using falsetto and it sounded like ass.

I don't know what he did in 2009-2010 to get the rasp back (I'm assuming smoking?), but he needs to do that again. Unless he's quitting for his health, then I'm not going to knock him for that.

I think in 2001-2002 he had quit smoking for several years at that point, and that's what closed off his voice and killed his rasp.

It's So Easy, Brownstone, Sorry, You're Crazy, Estranged, Live and Let Die, and Street of Dreams all sounded good.

Chinese and Jungle were kind of off.

Rocket Queen and You Could Be Mine were bad.

I think it's been a good night so far.

Sweet Child currently sounds ok

His voice just is all over the map right now. I just hope he's not wrecking it for good by singing with bronchitis.

It has been all over the place tonight. He sounds incredible some parts of the songs, and not so good others. All his screams always sound amazing. I wonder if it's that he's not pushing himself when he's not screaming.