What hell is wrong with his voice ?

realpoti

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of denial about his terrible voice is incredible. Until when you fuckin' idiots are going to put up with this shit? Axl's voice suck, period. You fuckin' bunch of deaf retards.

You can say certain songs or parts of songs were not that good, but this post is ludicrous. If you really think that every moment of the show last night was "terrible", you are the one who needs to proceed from directly reading this thread, to a phone, and call your doctor to schedule an appointment to have your ears cleaned out. In addition to the wax, see if he can clean some of the douche out of there too.

ngbbs4c898f23ef003.jpg

The fuck is you, in case it wasn't clear.

Uhm..... fuck you? :)

Lol :)

2010 Forever!

Yeah, I don't see how that is any better than what I heard in LA.

Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8O73_rD5Y

You must be trolling. He sounds way better in Russia. In LA he doesn't even try to hit those high notes.

No, I don't think he does. I prefer his tone in LA. It's just a preference in tone, Randy, like with the NR examples pointed out. I fail to see what is so difficult about that to understand.

Ali

Just admit that you are you trolling me, Ali. I find it impossible to believe you prefer that Axl not use his high screaming voice before the solo in Don't Cry.

Going up an octave in that part of the song was great, but overall, I don't think his tone is more pleasing to my ear throughout the song in the version you posted.

Ali

I don't mind Ali. The different characters and points of view are what keeps this place going. It's certainly not New GNR's prolific output of music that keeps us coming back here. I just find it hilarious that Ali always defends against any criticism of Axl and/or this band.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't mind Ali. The different characters and points of view are what keeps this place going. It's certainly not New GNR's prolific output of music that keeps us coming back here. I just find it hilarious that Ali always defends against any criticism of Axl and/or this band.

Not true, really, but you'll believe what you want. Anyway, I find it funny that you have such an intolerance for a different preference.

Ali

Not true, really, but you'll believe what you want. Anyway, I find it funny that you have such an intolerance for a different preference.

Ali

Really, Ali?

it was a C+/B- show it wasnt nearly as bad as the chicken littles are making it out to be.

No, I keep on telling people, that chick was flashing Ds at us.

Ali

Really, Ali?

it was a C+/B- show it wasnt nearly as bad as the chicken littles are making it out to be.

No, I keep on telling people, that chick was flashing Ds at us.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

After watching the show, and can't really understand the level of criticism. The mix was AWFUL, but Axl's voice was good. Overall, in the minimum it was an average performance, and you all need to lay off.

dude you really are deaf then, stop blaming the mix and man up and speak the truth. The mix was actually great compared to past streams. He had a so so night.

Edited by Philly Guns

After watching the show, and can't really understand the level of criticism. The mix was AWFUL, but Axl's voice was good. Overall, in the minimum it was an average performance, and you all need to lay off.

dude you really are deaf then, stop blaming the mix and man up and speak the truth. The mix was actually great compared to past streams. He had a so so night.

Not a so so night. It was like all of the other past shows we've seen over the last few months. Axl goes from good/great to awful in a second and the band is on fire. band-wise it was an awesome show, but vocal wise it was average at best. Setlist wise also average so Im calling it a B-

I bet it sounds better in the crowd when you have the sound of the band blasting. I hate the sound quality of stream and pro shots, i'd rather hear it from a camera phone. Somehow his really bad moments are forgiveable to the sound of the guitars and drums.

When people say that he is old,in 2010 he was 1 year younger was great,and unless he is Bilbo Baggins,and the ring was taken away from him,the age factor is not the problem

Yeah I never got the age argument either, I mean 2010 was 2 years ago not 20.

I'm hoping it was just an off night but to me it's starting to seem like he overused the rasp in 2010 and damaged his throat because it seems like it almost hurts to use the rasp sometimes.

I also just read in the HOB thread he is sick so let's hope he only has a cold.

Edited by Gunner927

The day Axl realizes he's better off singing songs that don't require him to sing at pitches a lot of women can't hit, he'll become a good singer again. I think a lot of people are are in love with Axl's current voice simply because they love HIM (Rightfully so) but come on. There aren't that many good singers out there that can't do much better than Axl, at least when it comes to singing high pitched. This isn't a knock on Axl. He used to be f'ing amazing at it. His vocal cords can't handle that anymore though. Everyone heard it changing even before the UYI tour. How could his vocal cords not get messed up with how he screamed? That's not natural! Nobody can't sustain that level of performance for long.

If he keeps singing songs with nothing but these high pitched tones like Nightrain (One of my favs for the record) then we are going to be begging for him to sound even how he sings now, which isn't great besides his low pitched tunes (Which sounds amazing still)

Axl is going to have to adjust or else his singing days will be done.

Axl handled just fine the voice/rasp in 06/07 & 09/10 - so no obvious reason to why he can't sustain that anymore all the sudden... :shrugs:

And you gotta remind that rasp was always something "natural" to Axl's voice - it's just there and he didn't look like he was in pain when he sang like this in 2010:

Axl handled just fine the voice/rasp in 06/07 & 09/10 - so no obvious reason to why he can't sustain that anymore all the sudden... :shrugs:

And you gotta remind that rasp was always something "natural" to Axl's voice - it's just there and he didn't look like he was in pain when he sang like this in 2010:

There was MANY occasions where it was far from perfect in 06, 07, 08, 09, and 2010.

Regarding the Chicago show, the stuff I just saw was better than the Forum and Vegas stream shows.