What hell is wrong with his voice ?

realpoti

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think he overused the rasp in 2010 to the point where it was hurting him to keep singing like that so he's toning it down for himself. I like his clean voice but the problem isn't so much the clean voice as it is that he seems to lose a lot of the power he has when he goes to it. Not all the time though. Rocket Queen he sang mostly clean at the Ritz and it sounded fantastic. Chicago? Not so much.

Usually I'd suggest they tune down to help him with notes and stuff, but the problem isn't the pitch of his voice. He can still sing in key. However, maybe tuning down though would allow him to keep the rasp going longer since he wouldn't have to push it quite as much to get the notes he has to. I think it's having the push the notes with rasp that's hurting and so he stays clean to play it safe. I know Guns already plays a half-step down but going an extra half-step wouldn't change the sound that much. They wouldn't have to do it on every song either, just songs like You Could Be Mine where Axl has even admitted it's one of the hardest to sing.

He definitely hasn't lost his voice as many have suggested. Jungle proves he still has it (in my opinion 2011/2012 versions of Welcome to the Jungle sound better than 2010), so it's not totally gone which really makes me believe he's just "saving" his voice. Hard to really say though. We'll see how it goes this summer!

I do agree that 2010 was better for his voice overall, but 2011 was the better show and he still sounded terrific.

Agreed. Also, 2010 was not THAT good as many says.

Axl was fantastic during the first semester of 2010 (check some SA shows, Russian leg of tour). But in the European and Australian tour (by the end of the year) he was starting to have some "Mickey" (as people here love to call) in certain songs.

I'll take 2011-2012 over 2010, and the "mickey" description is stale,please come up with another demeaning term.

In his defense, I think he was using it more in a mocking sense since he had the quotations around it and added that bit about people who love calling it that. I don't think he was using it as criticism.

Thanks P.S. I speedread, and miss nuances at times,appreciate you pointing that out,apologies for being impulsive. I'm a bit wonky and partaking mass quantities of NYquil.

Maybe Axl is in the studio recording during the down time and he is with a vocal coach who is trying to help him reach bars he has never reached before. Now that their back on tour Axl can't seem to remember how to hit the higher notes of his songs cause he is so use to doing what he has been doing in the studio which is a higher pitch then were use to. When he sings the lower notes he sounds fine, he only goes off key when he hits higher notes.

This is seriously lacking logic.

I think it makes sense that he is sick, because listen to him at the Ritz and also Hiro, his vocals are far better than they were at Chicago where he did seem to struggle.

Paradise City at Hiro was very 2010 like at times, not quite as consistant but that same tone...Civil War from the Ritz is superb, best version since Denver 2011...

So he's been sick for the past 6 months or so, I get it. He's sounding like that for several months and yet he goes on tour again. Poor guy.

I don't think he takes good care of himself, he's been going city to city adding new bacteria and viruses to his low immune system keeping himself sick. He needs to take a break until he feels better and take vitamin c supplements. Has to keep his hands washed, at the same time, avoid interacting with people

I think that is part of the reason why he did not go to the children's hospital because he was sick and didn't want to get the sick kids even sicker.

So he's been sick for the past 6 months or so, I get it. He's sounding like that for several months and yet he goes on tour again. Poor guy.

I don't think he takes good care of himself, he's been going city to city adding new bacteria and viruses to his low immune system keeping himself sick. He needs to take a break until he feels better and take vitamin c supplements. Has to keep his hands washed, at the same time, avoid interacting with people

I think that is part of the reason why he did not go to the children's hospital because he was sick and didn't want to get the sick kids even sicker.

And we all know that men don't wash their hands after going to the toilet don't we? dry.gif

And we all know that men don't wash their hands after going to the toilet don't we? dry.gif

It's pointless really because door knobs and handle have more germs than anything.

Maybe Axl is in the studio recording during the down time and he is with a vocal coach who is trying to help him reach bars he has never reached before. Now that their back on tour Axl can't seem to remember how to hit the higher notes of his songs cause he is so use to doing what he has been doing in the studio which is a higher pitch then were use to. When he sings the lower notes he sounds fine, he only goes off key when he hits higher notes.

This is seriously lacking logic.

I wrote this as a joke, but what's lacking logic? That Axl would be in the studio?

It's pointless really because door knobs and handle have more germs than anything.

That's why you use a paper towel to open the door in public restrooms and don't close the door all the way so that you can kick it open in private restrooms. :D

His voice sucks because it sucks. Sickness has nothing to do with it, he has sucked since Rock in Rio.

No, not true at all based on my own experience. I'm certainly not the only one who thinks that way.

Ali

Edited by Ali

His voice sucks because it sucks. Sickness has nothing to do with it, he has sucked since Rock in Rio.

What? There are many many examples where his voice has been as good as EVER on this tour. Seriously bro. When you make statements like that don't get mad when you get called a hater or a cupcake.

What? There are many many examples where his voice has been as good as EVER on this tour. Seriously bro. When you make statements like that don't get mad when you get called a hater or a cupcake.

His voice has been consistently awful. Nothing compared to 2010. IT IS THE TRUTH.

His voice has been consistently awful. Nothing compared to 2010. IT IS THE TRUTH.

No, that is an OPINION. One that is not shared by many, many people who I've seen review shows on Ticketmaster, and in comment sections of published reviews for shows on the last US tour.

Ali

Umm you and your opinion that you treat as truth only shows that you are a cupcake/hater.

Many who have been to the shows have thought he sounded awesome, as well as rolling stone magazine, amongst others...

Even after all these years, it's still a little weird to see a bunch of other guys playing this song - but once Axl opens his mouth and screams "Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games!" all that is forgotten. He sounded absolutely amazing. Who would have guessed that at age 50 his wild banshee wail would sound largely undiminished? 

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-kick-off-2012-tour-with-epic-new-york-club-show-20120211#ixzz1n4fBvm2X

So please, treat your opinions as just that, and I'll respect them, or get lost hater.

He sounded absolutely amazing. Who would have guessed that at age 50 his wild banshee wail would sound largely undiminished?

I get the whole trying to defend at all costs, but this is just delusional, he does not sound absolutely amazing at the moment, and you gotta say his wild banshee wail is largely diminished.