What hell is wrong with his voice ?

realpoti

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has sounded like this from the time the tour started on October 3rd 2011(Rock In Rio) and there Is plenty of evidence on youtube to back that statement up, and I very seriously doubt he has bronchitis 4 months later.

It's So Easy, Brownstone, Sorry, You're Crazy, Estranged, Live and Let Die, and Street of Dreams all sounded good.

Chinese and Jungle were kind of off.

Rocket Queen and You Could Be Mine were bad.

I think it's been a good night so far.

Sweet Child currently sounds ok

November Rain, Civil War, and Nightrain were pretty badass, too.

4am in Brazil; I paid for the stream and I love this band, but he's not good, far from it. Not hating, just concerned about my favorite band. Instrumentals are insanely good, Axl is the weak link here.

Yes, he's the weak link here with his boyfriend Ashba closely following him :lol:

Don't let the door hitchya on the way out. cry moar plz

No but seriously, as long as he's singing in key, i can dig it. plain and simple

Yes, same here, but songs like Paradise City, Rocket Queen (the 1st part) and You Could Be Mine are painful to listen to. I didn't even listen to most of PC - I wanted to hear the solos mostly :)

Rocket Queen was horrible, Jesus Christ, even worse than Rock In Rio. I'm alone on this one, seriously ? Still can't believe it.

Yeah RQ was pretty bad

The worst song (vocally) of the night closely followed by YCBM (the outro was good though) and PC.

I think what is more funny is the people who call out others who criticize Axl's vocals during this tour, when its pretty blatant that he is having issues. Stop it with the denial, jesus christ. I love Axl and GNR, but I can be honest and say, yea Axl sounded like shit on this song, that doesn't make me a cupcake or less of a fan. You can't tell me Sorry and Rocket Queen weren't horrible tonight. Other than that I love the show, but those songs sucked, and many other parts here and there. Thee End!

Yes,im tired of people saying that Axl sounds amazing,and the other stupid things that say like "you cant say if its bad by a video of youtube",i dont think Axl Rose would be the only singer that a video doestn catch his voice,ive check many bootlegs of iron maiden,helloween,black sabbath and so,and you CAN SEE the diference of singing good or bad even in a bootleg,and many of this bootlegs were recorded during 80s,so i think the new ones are better ......

The real thing is,that Axl is not singing good in 60% of the show,he is singing pretty aweful,but in certain songs he nails it,like welcome to the jungle.I think he should check his problem if he has one, and if the problem is that he cant sing like 2010 anymore,now we have a problem.

Edited by rudolf1978

I think Axl still sounds great and just had an off night but you can definitely tell that between the time the 2010 tour ended and RIR that something changed in his voice.

I think in 09-10 he may have used so much rasp that it colud've damaged his throat and maybe it hurts to use rasp now and he saves it.

Edited by Gunner927

I think Axl still sounds great and just had an off night but you can definitely tell that between the time the 2010 tour ended and RIR that something changed in his voice.

I think in 09-10 he may have used so much rasp that it colud've damaged his throat and maybe it hurts to use rasp now and he saves it.

He literally loses his voice while singing Don't Cry after trying to put too much "rasp" in it, by far the saddest moment of the night for me. It happens after the intro to The Blues as well: he puts the rasp then loses his voice.

Guns N' Roses is playing three shows in four days this week. That's freaking insane, whoever is scheduling these is nuts and completely irresponsable.

But people who go to the shows say that he sounds AMAZING so in that aspect it's all good no?

When you're there, live with all that sound, you don't really notice his voice that much. It seems like he's awesome. I went to RiR IV and before I saw it again on TV, I thought his voice was just fine then :tongue2:

I think what is more funny is the people who call out others who criticize Axl's vocals during this tour, when its pretty blatant that he is having issues. Stop it with the denial, jesus christ. I love Axl and GNR, but I can be honest and say, yea Axl sounded like shit on this song, that doesn't make me a cupcake or less of a fan. You can't tell me Sorry and Rocket Queen weren't horrible tonight. Other than that I love the show, but those songs sucked, and many other parts here and there. Thee End!

It Is pretty funny listening to people make endless excuses for his voice. You have to love these few examples, The tour Is so long that he Is probabaly saving It, or he Is saving It for the next album, he has bronchitis 4 months later, or It's the mix(livestreams fault) or his voice Is awesome and It doesn't sound any different then It ever did. I love Guns N Roses as much as everyone else on the board, I have decorated my body with GNR Ink that will be there for life, as I am sure many of you also have, but this Is not the same band and Axl sounds nowhere near what he once did, hell he doesn't even sound half as good as what he did In 2010. All I am hoping for at this point, Is just one good recording with strong vocals In the second part of Estranged.

Well,there are lot of dickheads here.I watched Bon Jovi last year in Zagreb and Acdc 2008 in Belgrade,for example.Jon didn't have a voice even he didn't sing but Bon Jovi fans were happy with him and didn't bitchin.With acdc is the same situation.We have Axl Rose who has much much better voice than Jon,Brian,Bono and still bichin him.We have Axl Rose who have gave 3 hours shows and still bitchin.What the fuck you stupid dickheads want?

Well,there are lot of dickheads here.I watched Bon Jovi last year in Zagreb and Acdc 2008 in Belgrade,for example.Jon didn't have a voice even he didn't sing but Bon Jovi fans were happy with him and didn't bitchin.With acdc is the same situation.We have Axl Rose who has much much better voice than Jon,Brian,Bono and still bichin him.We have Axl Rose who have gave 3 hours shows and still bitchin.What the fuck you stupid dickheads want?

I'd be happy too if Bon Jovi doesn't sing :devil:

Jon didn't have a voice even he didn't sing but Bon Jovi fans were happy with him and didn't bitchin.With acdc is the same situation.

If JBJ showed up without Ritchie, Tico and Dave....people would have been much harder on him.

Facts of life people, if Axl wants to carry on as GNR all by his lonesome then people are going to expect a hell of a lot more than him.

Does anyone really think fans would be as critical of Axl's performance's if that was Slash playing guitar on stage with him instead of DJ?

Well that is everybody told, now you have pissed your pants why don't you sit down and shut the fuck up?

His voice is weak, end of story. Still worth paying to see but weak none the less.