What hell is wrong with his voice ?

realpoti

The amount of denial about his terrible voice is incredible. Until when you fuckin' idiots are going to put up with this shit? Axl's voice suck, period. You fuckin' bunch of deaf retards.

So what if it does? I think we who "put with this shit" are enjoying the shows a lot more than people who feel like they have to complain about it constantly.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of denial about his terrible voice is incredible. Until when you fuckin' idiots are going to put up with this shit? Axl's voice suck, period. You fuckin' bunch of deaf retards.

Ironically, you make yourself look like one with a post like that.

If you don't want to put up with this, then stop listening and posting. No one is making you.

Ali

If you don't want to put up with this, then stop listening and posting. No one is making you.

Ali

I'm not complaining I just can't understand how people can deny the fact that his voice is awful. I think you gotta be very stupid to say "He sounded incredible last night, it was amazing!" or some stupid shit like "He sounded bad 'cause the mix wasn't good, it was the stream man". Really? I mean... REALLY?

Edited by pi2loc

Well...

I've seen him in 2010 and guess what : surprisingly, the youtube videos reflected the performance. :shrugs:

Same here. I knew how he'd sound when I was about to see them and I was right. He sounded exactly the same. :thumbsup:

Ali

I'm not complaining I just can't understand how people can deny the fact that his voice is awful. I think you gotta be very stupid to say "He sounded incredible last night, it was amazing!" or some stupid shit like "He sounded bad 'cause the mix wasn't good, it was the stream man". Really? I mean... REALLY?

He sounded great to me on a few songs and then he sounded really awful for the most part.

Ali

It wasn't his best performance. It wasn't his worst by any means, not even close. He sounded very good on many songs. His voice is not awful. That's extreme as well. Both in terms of the performance last night overall and from a generalization of recent performances. He sounded fantastic from what I heard at Terminal 5 and the Ritz.

Ali

Axl got his voice in killer shape lately. He obviously makes taking care of his voice a priority. He has had 48 pretty amazing shows out of 50, the exceptions being Rio and last night.

Seriously, shut the fuck up and stop whining.

Remember what Dave Grohl was talking about at The Grammys - the HUMAN ELEMENT??? I love Muse's music, but if you want an "absolutely correct" live show, go see them half a dozen times like I have and ask yourself if any of the songs sounded remotely different from one show to the next, or if you heard a single mistake at any of the shows, and then ask yourself if that's "humanely" possible and if you're truly watching a "live" performance.

Be fucking grateful Axl works his ass off and gives you a REAL live performance (for over 3 hours usually). I'm sure he's aware that backing tracks and autotune are readily available options for him. He could very easily choose to cut corners like 90% of touring rock/metal bands these days (whether you know it or not).

He had a bad night, yet he kept at it for three hours and didn't bitch or give up or cut it short. How about more notice of that??

You can say certain songs or parts of songs were not that good, but this post is ludicrous. If you really think that every moment of the show last night was "terrible", you are the one who needs to proceed from directly reading this thread, to a phone, and call your doctor to schedule an appointment to have your ears cleaned out. In addition to the wax, see if he can clean some of the douche out of there too.

Ali

It wasn't his best performance. It wasn't his worst by any means, not even close. He sounded very good on many songs. His voice is not awful. That's extreme as well. Both in terms of the performance last night overall and from a generalization of recent performances. He sounded fantastic from what I heard at Terminal 5 and the Ritz.

Ali

Alright, probably that's extreme and maybe it's my fault 'cause I saw him in 2010 and his voice was 200% better than this whole 2011-2012 tour. :shrugs:

Edited by pi2loc

Axl got his voice in killer shape lately. He obviously makes taking care of his voice a priority. He has had 48 pretty amazing shows out of 50, the exceptions being Rio and last night.

Seriously, shut the fuck up and stop whining.

Remember what Dave Grohl was talking about at The Grammys - the HUMAN ELEMENT??? I love Muse's music, but if you want an "absolutely correct" live show, go see them half a dozen times like I have and ask yourself if any of the songs sounded remotely different from one show to the next, or if you heard a single mistake at any of the shows, and then ask yourself if that's "humanely" possible and if you're truly watching a "live" performance.

Be fucking grateful Axl works his ass off and gives you a REAL live performance (for over 3 hours usually). I'm sure he's aware that backing tracks and autotune are readily available options for him. He could very easily choose to cut corners like 90% of touring rock/metal bands these days (whether you know it or not).

He had a bad night, yet he kept at it for three hours and didn't bitch or give up or cut it short. How about more notice of that??

This!

You can say certain songs or parts of songs were not that good, but this post is ludicrous. If you really think that every moment of the show last night was "terrible", you are the one who needs to proceed from directly reading this thread, to a phone, and call your doctor to schedule an appointment to have your ears cleaned out. In addition to the wax, see if he can clean some of the douche out of there too.

ngbbs4c898f23ef003.jpg

The thing that people need to remember is that Axl's Album vocals aren't THAT raspy, they are sorta a good mix between rasp and clean, so most of the general public would hear clean vocals and hear that he is hitting most of the correct notes and that will do. Its really only the hardcore fans that notice the difference unless its pointed out to them.

The thing that people need to remember is that Axl's Album vocals aren't THAT raspy, they are sorta a good mix between rasp and clean, so most of the general public would hear clean vocals and hear that he is hitting most of the correct notes and that will do. Its really only the hardcore fans that notice the difference unless its pointed out to them.

The problem is how he sung those songs live. He used the raspy voice for so long that people want to hear it everytime. He's never been an out of this world singer, he doesn't have much technique and now he suffers because he could only scream back then with almost no control. Now he can't do that or he's fucked. I could be wrong but I mean, listen to this... one of his best vocal performances ever. Everything's beautiful and sounds right on this one...

Now imagine if he recorded it and sung every live performance of the song with the raspy voice. In ten years if he wanted to sing with the clean voice people would demand "hey, its not what I'm used to hear! Bring back the raspy!". I'm sure.

I've seen the band in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2011. And 2011 didn't even come close to 2010. Ali is full of shit and I find it hard to believe that he isn't trolling everyone. It sucks for those of you who missed 2010, but quit pretending that Axl's voice nowadays sounds anywhere near as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnH0DZSfX74

ngbbs4c898f23ef003.jpg

The fuck is you, in case it wasn't clear.

I've seen the band in 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2011. And 2011 didn't even come close to 2010. Ali is full of shit and I find it hard to believe that he isn't trolling everyone. It sucks for those of you who missed 2010, but quit pretending that Axl's voice nowadays sounds anywhere near as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnH0DZSfX74

Naw, Randy. I just don't dig that raspy voice like you do. I prefer the cleaner vocal tone I heard in LA in December compared to that version of "November Rain" you just posted.

Ali

I think the best thing to do is take every live recording that is out there, hundreds of hours of footage, and break them down note by note, word by word, for every song. Then somebody can make a graph comparing each word, by each concert, by each year. Then, with those results, we can nit-pick those totals to death.

Instead of just sitting back and enjoying a live show. Because I know at every live show I go to, I like to nit-pick every word by the singer and every note played by the musicians. That is much more fun than sitting back and enjoying the show.

ngbbs4c898f23ef003.jpg

The fuck is you, in case it wasn't clear.

Uhm..... fuck you? :)