2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot not on stage for This I Love or Used To Love Her.

damn, that sucks. Time to pop a Vicodin and get back on the horse. Isn't that what most of them ( "rockstars" ) do....

Don't be an asshole, his spine is all fucked up.

Wasn't being an asshole. That's what most of these guys do, pop a painkiller and get back to it. I guess the truth bothers some people.

Not everyone is a drug fiend

Just because you pop a painkiller when you are LEGITIMATELY in pain doesnt make you a dope fiend......

He's probably already on meds - he said he'd try some meds through doctors to tour with Guns. His pain is getting worse it seems... at least today.

Knowing Axl he is probably having one of the Leibes kids searching for availale pharmacies that can get Ron some pain meds, unless he drank.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Oh shit, he's talking about 2002!!! Holy F

Full report please, lol.

I'll post a transcript later :)

Was it told in a joking manner or what? How did the crowd react? Kinda ballsy of him to bring it up, esp if he just kinda blew that show off as the rumors always suggested.

Ok here's my quick transcript during DJ's solo. " So.... Its been a while since we were here"... Crowd goes wild. "Something like 10 years??". Everyone is like ohhhhh man he's bringing it up. "At the time I couldn't really say much about it due to a ton of legal shit. I would have gotten my ass sued off (paraphrasing there). But the true story is we tried to cancel the show that morning at 6 AM. My manager told me he cancelled it, but he lied. Then, we tried to cancel it again but Clear Channel wanted the tour to fail so they didn't let me cancel it. They wanted me to just not show and cause a riot (paraphrasing). But the truth is, I was sick. It didn't have anything to do with fur coats, or basketball games". Crowd goes crazy. " But really, I love Philadelphia". Crowd goes wild. He may have ended with something else but that was the gist.

All this talk of Axl sounding awesome, and my knowledge of what a good venue the Electric Factory is, is making me hate myself for being broke and unable to go. /whine

EDIT: Just read about Bumble. Poor guy. I was hoping they would've stayed off tour longer than they did so he'd have a longer break. The guy really needs a break.

Edited by chevelle

Oh shit, he's talking about 2002!!! Holy F

Full report please, lol.

I'll post a transcript later :)

Was it told in a joking manner or what? How did the crowd react? Kinda ballsy of him to bring it up, esp if he just kinda blew that show off as the rumors always suggested.

Ok here's my quick transcript during DJ's solo. " So.... Its been a while since we were here"... Crowd goes wild. "Something like 10 years??". Everyone is like ohhhhh man he's bringing it up. "At the time I couldn't really say much about it due to a ton of legal shit. I would have gotten my ass sued off (paraphrasing there). But the true story is we tried to cancel the show that morning at 6 AM. My manager told me he cancelled it, but he lied. Then, we tried to cancel it again but Clear Channel wanted the tour to fail so they didn't let me cancel it. They wanted me to just not show and cause a riot (paraphrasing). But the truth is, I was sick. It didn't have anything to do with fur coats, or basketball games". Crowd goes crazy. " But really, I love Philadelphia". Crowd goes wild. He may have ended with something else but that was the gist.

That's great to hear. It's just too bad people will believe the fur coat/NBA playoff game story forever...