2/27 - Philadelphia official discussion

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what a show, I was blown away. Just got in safely :thumbsup: . Had an awesome time and everyone loved the shirts, I had people coming up to me left and right, and some forum members, it was sweet. Awesome meeting you guys from the forum, always good to see fellow GNR nerds :rofl-lol: . I was in the balcony area against the rail near the stage, and a had a great view. My gf got DJ's attention and she turned around to show off the shirt with his name and he gave the usual fist against his chest, she loved it. I was kinda behind her so my shirt wasn't really seen to well, but I knew I had to show it off to Axl somehow, so I waited till the end of the show when they did their bows. I turned around with my back to them the stage and told my gf to get DJ's attention again when he looks over and point to me, and maybe he will get Axl to look. Well it worked, she screamed "OMG DJ is looking!, wait now he is trying to Axl's attention to look, OMG Axl is looking, smiling, and pointing!", I turned around and saw Axl staring at me. I am like holy shite!, and he gave me a smile and a point. What a way to top the night rock3 .

Ok now to the show, as usual they rocked it, can't say it was better than the AC show, but it was still amazing. I believe ron pulled something in his neck, because fairly early in the set he went to the side of the stage, slumped on the steps and was out of it. Playing songs sitting down, then taking a break, and resting his head, rubbing his neck area. Axl made a comment about Ron is having a great time tonite, but his vertebrae isn't.

Axl brought up the 2002 Philly show and how he couldn't say anything for many years or else he would get sued. He did say (at least I think I heard this right), is that he cancelled the show like 6am that day because he was sick, but Management never cancelled the show even though he told them too. I couldn't hear all of it, but he did apologize and everyone clapped and loved it. rock3

I am sure I will remember more later, but I need to shower. What a night, and the shirts turned out great!

2cn6o8.jpg

Sounded like a great show, I hope Ron gets better!

Yea he looked really bad, hopefully its just a pulled muscle or something. He chilled at the side of the stage for a while, and since the stage is so small, he could be seen by mostly everyone so I kept hearing people talk about it.