Autograph dealers after Axl again

Saphyra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate those people that spoil it for the real fans!

All they are doing is flooding the market making Axl sigs worthless.

Buying = worthless

Getting one from the man himself: invaluable

Yeah but there are scammers who intended on making money. Just because he signed it doesn't mean it is worth anything.

Buying = worthless

Yeah but there are scammers who intended on making money. Just because he signed it doesn't mean it is worth anything.

Not to me when I buy it from 'them'. But when I get one myself, it's a different story ;)

Buying = worthless

Not to me when I buy it from 'them'. But when I get one myself, it's a different story ;)

If I want an Axl Rose autograph I am going to get him sign my CD booklet not buy it.

Buying = worthless

If I want an Axl Rose autograph I am going to get him sign my CD booklet not buy it.

Exactly.

And that's on my to do list, but first I have to figure out how ;)

Explain to me why signatures of celebrities are something anybody would purchase?

I understand why somebody would want a letter written by Abe Lincoln or song lyrics scribbled on a napkin by Bob Dylan or a love letter signed by Jimi Hendrix.....but a random autograph? I've never gotten why people freak out about that.

I'd rather meet Axl, shake his hand and have a 30 second conversation. Him signing a piece of paper......that just seems weird.

Buying = worthless

This. I'd never buy an autograph other than maybe Bob Dylan because he's totally impossible to get in person, and even then it'd have to be an official thing like one of his paintings.

Axl had been on the top of my to-get list until Monday night. Almost caved a couple times when good pics were available for cheap on eBay, but never caved. This is now one of the prize items in my collection, up there with Bill Clinton (and will be on my wall next to him shortly :D)

432053_2948846877563_1153050082_32805266_544322357_n.jpg

Edited by axlslash

Explain to me why signatures of celebrities are something anybody would purchase?

I understand why somebody would want a letter written by Abe Lincoln or song lyrics scribbled on a napkin by Bob Dylan or a love letter signed by Jimi Hendrix.....but a random autograph? I've never gotten why people freak out about that.

I'd rather meet Axl, shake his hand and have a 30 second conversation. Him signing a piece of paper......that just seems weird.

I'd never purchase it.

I think when you meet Axl, there's not that much time to have a proper conversation.

When I met Steven, we had a conversation but Steven is not Axl. He takes/has the time and Axl doesn't.

And when you get his signature, you have something tangible.

Buying = worthless

This. I'd never buy an autograph other than maybe Bob Dylan because he's totally impossible to get in person, and even then it'd have to be an official thing like one of his paintings.

Axl had been on the top of my to-get list until Monday night. Almost caved a couple times when good pics were available for cheap on eBay, but never caved. This is now one of the prize items in my collection, up there with Bill Clinton (and will be on my wall next to him shortly :D)

432053_2948846877563_1153050082_32805266_544322357_n.jpg

Very nice!

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

I collect a lot of memorabilia, but autographs are the one thing I would never buy. Not because of authenticity fears, but because there's no personal value to it. The experience is more valuable than anything.

I met Ace Frehley once, kind of a chance encounter, and got a picture with him. No autograph, but now I have a picture and a story. Much better. :thumbsup:

All the stuff I have autographed has been signed personally. The only exception is a signed photo of wrestler Bret Hart that I got for free during a promotion he did on his website. Then again, I met him a few months later and got him to sign other stuff so I made it personal after all. :lol:

I'd prefer a picture together over an autograph too.

These people annoy me as they're more likely to be pushy & get something signed whereas the fan is usually shy & stands back not wanting to upset him. :(

They removed my comment from their youtube site & when I submitted another it is sent for approval before they will put it on. dry.gif

I don't want to cause problems with them but maybe a flood of posts on their ebay site complaining about their attitude & pushiness might be warranted. One person they can attack, heaps of people will cause them more work to try to get rid of.

WHAT ASSHOLES. I commented this on the video:

"Thanks for stopping me from getting more of the band, guys. Richard Fortus is my favorite guitar player, and I couldn't meet him because every autograph he signed was for you animals. Thanks for ruining a good thing for the real fans."

They then responded:

"Thats a shame. Richard Fortus is your favorite guitar player? I went to the show. If you want his signature you can buy one on Ebay."

I don't want the fucking autograph off eBay, I want a quick convo, handshake, and experience of meeting a musician I waited a god damn decade to see live. I couldn't, though, because every fucking thing he signed was a fucking drumhead or one of these guys 7 vinyls of CD. Fuck them, it's just a business. No appreciation for the people they interact with. I'd almost be willing to undo the autograph I did get from Axl to see him fucking unload and beat the shit out of these guys.

People will buy signed memorabilia to display, some people aren't going to hang out after a show if they live hours away, or they may never have the chance to see band for any number of reasons.

I don't know anyone who has gotten rich off of it though. Usually people who are hobbyists don't want to sell it unless they have to. If their kids had no interest in it, then they'd sell it.

Even if someone dies, over time, if they signed a lot of autographs, usually isn't worth a lot, and it always depends on continued interest in their work.

Having a conversation that lasts for more than a few minutes in hopes of getting the autograph, is way more valuable than anything you'll get signed.

WHAT ASSHOLES. I commented this on the video:

"Thanks for stopping me from getting more of the band, guys. Richard Fortus is my favorite guitar player, and I couldn't meet him because every autograph he signed was for you animals. Thanks for ruining a good thing for the real fans."

They then responded:

"Thats a shame. Richard Fortus is your favorite guitar player? I went to the show. If you want his signature you can buy one on Ebay."

I don't want the fucking autograph off eBay, I want a quick convo, handshake, and experience of meeting a musician I waited a god damn decade to see live. I couldn't, though, because every fucking thing he signed was a fucking drumhead or one of these guys 7 vinyls of CD. Fuck them, it's just a business. No appreciation for the people they interact with. I'd almost be willing to undo the autograph I did get from Axl to see him fucking unload and beat the shit out of these guys.

I saw that comment on the latest youtube video & added one myself.

Someone said the ebayers were taken care of by Fernando & security, how did they know who they were aside from the fans? Do they turn up with several copies of one CD to get them all signed or something?

:shrugs: