Autograph dealers after Axl again

Saphyra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT ASSHOLES. I commented this on the video:

"Thanks for stopping me from getting more of the band, guys. Richard Fortus is my favorite guitar player, and I couldn't meet him because every autograph he signed was for you animals. Thanks for ruining a good thing for the real fans."

They then responded:

"Thats a shame. Richard Fortus is your favorite guitar player? I went to the show. If you want his signature you can buy one on Ebay."

I don't want the fucking autograph off eBay, I want a quick convo, handshake, and experience of meeting a musician I waited a god damn decade to see live. I couldn't, though, because every fucking thing he signed was a fucking drumhead or one of these guys 7 vinyls of CD. Fuck them, it's just a business. No appreciation for the people they interact with. I'd almost be willing to undo the autograph I did get from Axl to see him fucking unload and beat the shit out of these guys.

I saw that comment on the latest youtube video & added one myself.

Someone said the ebayers were taken care of by Fernando & security, how did they know who they were aside from the fans? Do they turn up with several copies of one CD to get them all signed or something?

:shrugs:

Yes. In Philly, the dealers were easy to spot: multiple pick guards, drum heads, vinyls, etc. They kept trying to come back with multiple items.

"Thanks for stopping me from getting more of the band, guys. Richard Fortus is my favorite guitar player, and I couldn't meet him because every autograph he signed was for you animals. Thanks for ruining a good thing for the real fans."

They then responded:

"Thats a shame. Richard Fortus is your favorite guitar player? I went to the show. If you want his signature you can buy one on Ebay."

I don't want the fucking autograph off eBay, I want a quick convo, handshake, and experience of meeting a musician I waited a god damn decade to see live. I couldn't, though, because every fucking thing he signed was a fucking drumhead or one of these guys 7 vinyls of CD. Fuck them, it's just a business. No appreciation for the people they interact with. I'd almost be willing to undo the autograph I did get from Axl to see him fucking unload and beat the shit out of these guys.

Someone said the ebayers were taken care of by Fernando & security, how did they know who they were aside from the fans? Do they turn up with several copies of one CD to get them all signed or something?

Yes. In Philly, the dealers were easy to spot: multiple pick guards, drum heads, vinyls, etc. They kept trying to come back with multiple items.

Who the fuck gets a drum head or a pick guard signed by Axl Rose? :lol: At least the albums would be believable. I know in Wilkes-Barre there was a guy a few people back from center who somehow got a vinyl copy of Chinese Democracy in the building and held it up the whole show and got Tommy and possibly BBF to sign it at the end of the show? I forget who exactly, but that's dedication, there. :lol:

They then responded:

Thats why he said he can't believe the stuff he's signing, they said they attended the show. I've asked for a scan of their ticket to prove this - have a feeling I might be getting some rude responses soon. Never mind, I can create another account. Selling on ebay now & even Davy Jones autograph less than 24hrs after he died :fuckyou:

They then responded:

Who the fuck gets a drum head or a pick guard signed by Axl Rose? :lol: At least the albums would be believable. I know in Wilkes-Barre there was a guy a few people back from center who somehow got a vinyl copy of Chinese Democracy in the building and held it up the whole show and got Tommy and possibly BBF to sign it at the end of the show? I forget who exactly, but that's dedication, there. :lol:

Haha - I saw that guy! Right after the bows, he held it up and got it signed! That's how to do it!

They then responded:

Haha - I saw that guy! Right after the bows, he held it up and got it signed! That's how to do it!

Yeah, exactly! Even though Axl didn't sign it, that guy was dedicated enough to somehow get it into the building and hold it throughout the whole show, even just for a chance of someone signing it. Glad he got someone to.

Ugh not them again :fuckyou:

Sadly, yes.

But again, props to Fernando, and I'm assuming the guy who was Axl / the band's bodyguard doing a great job keeping most of them from getting more than one item signed, if they were able to get close enough to Axl at all.

There was even one guy that the security guard told to "Get off the lot, now" because he goes there after every show with a ton of stuff to get signed. For selling.

To all the other eBayers, Fernando pointed them out and told them that they had to leave. When they wouldn't, he would say "Oh, so you're gonna ruin it for everyone?"

Fernando's the man.

They then responded:

Yeah, exactly! Even though Axl didn't sign it, that guy was dedicated enough to somehow get it into the building and hold it throughout the whole show, even just for a chance of someone signing it. Glad he got someone to.

That guy was directly behind me at the show. I got bonked on the head a few times by the vinyl! I didn't mind though, it was for a good cause.

I had my sign autographed by Axl after the show as well. I had my shaprie and sign out at the end of the show during bows. I spotted Fernando at the side of the stage. My husband, who has a much more booming voice than I do yelled Yo Fernando! He came walking over to us since I was holding the sharpie and sign in the air. I nicely asked him if he could have Axl sign it for me and he said no problem. We waited off to the side of the stage for about 15 minutes and Beta brought the sign back out to me signed: Axl Rose GNR 2012. I went there with the goal of having that sign signed while we were there, so glad I was able to accomplish it. The icing on the cake was being able to see him at the afterparty later that night.

There was even one guy that the security guard told to "Get off the lot, now" because he goes there after every show with a ton of stuff to get signed. For selling.

To all the other eBayers, Fernando pointed them out and told them that they had to leave. When they wouldn't, he would say "Oh, so you're gonna ruin it for everyone?"

Fernando's the man.

Yep. I heard Fernando giving that dude the business.

He is indeed, the man.

Fernando's the man.

Let him know how it was handled was awesome, and hope that he keeps doing it that way. One collector, whatever... it's going to happen. But the pushy ones who you know aren't fans.... if he can't name any songs off of ChiDem, just block him. That's why it's always good to talk to the people hanging out with you.

Just because people are fans doesn't mean they have to act fanatical about it.

Unfortunately, all it takes is one a-hole, whether he's there to heckle or push fans out of the way so they can sell the pickguard and slap it on a piece of crap guitar and resell it... just keep an eye on that mofo.

I hate those people that spoil it for the real fans!

All they are doing is flooding the market making Axl sigs worthless.

Buying = worthless

Getting one from the man himself: invaluable

Yeah but there are scammers who intended on making money. Just because he signed it doesn't mean it is worth anything.

How are they scammers? People buy autographs all the time. They want it, so they pay for it. No scam, unless the seller sells a fake autograph.

Fernando's the man.

Yeah...he sounds like such a bad ass. Telling people to leave with security all around him...damn he's got some balls!

I hate those people that spoil it for the real fans!

All they are doing is flooding the market making Axl sigs worthless.

Buying = worthless

Getting one from the man himself: invaluable

Yeah but there are scammers who intended on making money. Just because he signed it doesn't mean it is worth anything.

How are they scammers? People buy autographs all the time. They want it, so they pay for it. No scam, unless the seller sells a fake autograph.

Its not a scam because they are supplying a market that exists. But they are in the same as people who rip off music through file sharing. They are making money or ripping off music and musicians without creating or purchasing anything. And eventually thats going to fuck it all up for everyone. Basically Capitalists with no consideration for anything other than making themselves a bit of money.

Its not a scam because they are supplying a market that exists. But they are in the same as people who rip off music through file sharing. They are making money or ripping off music and musicians without creating or purchasing anything. And eventually thats going to fuck it all up for everyone. Basically Capitalists with no consideration for anything other than making themselves a bit of money.

You are comparing internet pirates to people who sell autographs? Damn.

File sharing has nothing to do with capitalism, selling autographs does. If anything...file sharing is communism. lol

There are a lot of licensed people that sell authentic autographs.

I have an autographed 8x10 photograph of the entire AFD lineup I purchased from a guy who bought it from a dealer. Framed with a COA. Legit, and a great wall piece.

I'm not going to track down all of the people I want autographs from. I'm comfortable here, mostly naked in front of my computer paying people to do the dirty work for me. Muhahaha.

Edited by Sweersa

You are comparing internet pirates to people who sell autographs? Damn.

File sharing has nothing to do with capitalism, selling autographs does. If anything...file sharing is communism. lol

There are a lot of licensed people that sell authentic autographs.

I have an autographed 8x10 photograph of the entire AFD lineup I purchased from a guy who bought it from a dealer. Framed with a COA. Legit, and a great wall piece.

I'm not going to track down all of the people I want autographs from. I'm comfortable here, mostly naked in front of my computer paying people to do the dirty work for me. Muhahaha.

Im comparing them because they are both ruining music albeit in different ways. File sharing is making it impossible for bands to release an album, you are right though not capitalist. Autograph sellers, I would say its not that serious but it goes further to destroying the relationship between band and fan.

What was wrong with the model of a band creating something that a fan wanted and then the fan paying what he considered a fair price. The autograph thing is just something that should be free. If it doesnt involve a meeting and interaction then its just a bit of ink.

Edited by spunko12345