Autograph dealers after Axl again

Saphyra

Guest Len B'stard

Explain to me why signatures of celebrities are something anybody would purchase?

I understand why somebody would want a letter written by Abe Lincoln or song lyrics scribbled on a napkin by Bob Dylan or a love letter signed by Jimi Hendrix.....but a random autograph? I've never gotten why people freak out about that.

I'd rather meet Axl, shake his hand and have a 30 second conversation. Him signing a piece of paper......that just seems weird.

There's nothing wrong with autographs and it's not weird at all as a souvenier that you met somebody you admire a great deal. That's just the point though, it's all about meeting somebody and personally asking them for an autograph. Buying it makes no sense to me at all cos there's nothing special about that at all.

Load of fuckin cobblers if you ask me. Some twats signature, big wow, why on earth would you want the signature of someone cuz you like music they make, there's like...a huge gulf there from one to the other that no one has ever been able to explain to me. I mean, if someones a talented musician, you have their album, the album that contains the music you like, whats their handwriting got to do with anything? I think it's just fucking creepy to be honest, like a bit of paper touched by a pen that was touched by someone who good vocal chords and the ability to knock out a tune is some kind of sacrement, fuck that.

Edited by sugaraylen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really when it comes down to ebayers and performers, it's a 50/50 playing field. I agree that ebayers have ruined it for fans, but in this day and age, I'm not going to be down on somebody to make a living( if selling on eBay is there thing). A buck is a buck. You can't tell me that whoever is signing, doesn't know that whatever they are signing is gonna end up online. Do you think they really care? As long as you buy there merchandise and go to the shows, who cares? I much rather have a picture than a autograph any day of the week. It's worth more to me.

I will tell you a good way to prevent ebayers from getting autos and I wish every famous would do this if they sign. I'm a big collector of wrestling autos so this is my experience. A WWE wrestler Sheamus- will personalize every single auto he does and then part of the S in his name will go through the personalization. So if you try to erase it, you ruin the autograph all together. It's worthless. Most performers are in a rush and don't want to bother with personalization. This is a easy way to stop ebayers.

Well hello MSL

Really when it comes down to ebayers and performers, it's a 50/50 playing field. I agree that ebayers have ruined it for fans, but in this day and age, I'm not going to be down on somebody to make a living( if selling on eBay is there thing). A buck is a buck. You can't tell me that whoever is signing, doesn't know that whatever they are signing is gonna end up online. Do you think they really care? As long as you buy there merchandise and go to the shows, who cares? I much rather have a picture than a autograph any day of the week. It's worth more to me.

I will tell you a good way to prevent ebayers from getting autos and I wish every famous would do this if they sign. I'm a big collector of wrestling autos so this is my experience. A WWE wrestler Sheamus- will personalize every single auto he does and then part of the S in his name will go through the personalization. So if you try to erase it, you ruin the autograph all together. It's worthless. Most performers are in a rush and don't want to bother with personalization. This is a easy way to stop ebayers.

Well hello MSL

Nope.

Explain to me why signatures of celebrities are something anybody would purchase?

I understand why somebody would want a letter written by Abe Lincoln or song lyrics scribbled on a napkin by Bob Dylan or a love letter signed by Jimi Hendrix.....but a random autograph? I've never gotten why people freak out about that.

I'd rather meet Axl, shake his hand and have a 30 second conversation. Him signing a piece of paper......that just seems weird.

There's nothing wrong with autographs and it's not weird at all as a souvenier that you met somebody you admire a great deal. That's just the point though, it's all about meeting somebody and personally asking them for an autograph. Buying it makes no sense to me at all cos there's nothing special about that at all.

Load of fuckin cobblers if you ask me. Some twats signature, big wow, why on earth would you want the signature of someone cuz you like music they make, there's like...a huge gulf there from one to the other that no one has ever been able to explain to me. I mean, if someones a talented musician, you have their album, the album that contains the music you like, whats their handwriting got to do with anything? I think it's just fucking creepy to be honest, like a bit of paper touched by a pen that was touched by someone who good vocal chords and the ability to knock out a tune is some kind of sacrement, fuck that.

Len! Haha :rofl-lol:

Your hilarious.

Christian Bale does the same thing. Honestly, I would LOVE if more would do this. I want my autographs personalized anyway.

Christian Bale does the same thing. Honestly, I would LOVE if more would do this. I want my autographs personalized anyway.

Being a big hockey fan, and with hockey players being the most approachable athletes/celebrities (fact, not opinion, these dudes are as down to earth as they get) they obviously sign autos all the time. Alot of guys, especially bigger name guys will ask specifically for your name when they sign a jersey or something, so they know it wont be up on ebay. It's not about them losing money because of people making a buck off their name, for most guys it's just principle, they dont want to waste time signing scumbags items, they want to meet fans

But when you go to a restaurant or someplace that has memorabilia, don't most people like to look at it? I don't think Pink's can even put up all the autographs they get in. Gil Turners had some great photos of celebrities in the store, but then you go "that one's dead... and that one's dead.." so that might have been why they stopped.

Some of the dealers get one copy and forge like another 20 identical copies all fake

True. I don't get why people buy from these crooks.

Probably because most people don't get a chance to meet their favorite celebrity's

Usually Axl isn't as easy to meet as these UCAP Shows so they resort to dealers as a last resort