HowlinWolf

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTTJ

Civil War

Dust in the wind (haha as if! :D)

IF they are going to play at HOF they obviously wont have any time to practice together so we are left with songs they have played continiusly over the years. That rules out Estranged and November Rain for Slash and Duff (pity cuz they are iconic GnR songs in their own right) and songs like Coma, Locomotive, Dead Horse, etc for Axl.

YCBM would be good but again, Slash probably hasn't played that since '94. Civil War is good because it includes the whole original lineup plus Axl's voice has been holding up really well with that song atm.

WTTJ is practically staple and nothing describes GnR more than that song (other than perhaps PC).

"Dust in the wind" because... it's kinda my inner fan fantasy. Who wouldn't want to see an Axl + Slash duet like that? I know, its impossible but I can dream!

---------------------------

EDIT: Three covers I would like them to play...

Mama Kin

KOHD

Sympathy for the Devil........................ :xmassrudolph:

Edited by KiraMPD

I honestly don't care what they play. Them being on the same stage again will be enough for me. Them actually playing a song would be incredible.

If they were to play a song though, it would obviously incredible or Paradise.

Although I would LOVE a reunion of the original lineup, and I do think they'll all arrive on stage to accept the award together at this point, I don't think they'll perform sadly...

But if they did, I think a song or two with just the original 5, so Jungle, and then maybe SCOM, and then, if there's time, a UYI song that let's Matt and Dizzy join in, like November Rain, YCBM, CW, DC, any of those would do for me.

Please Axl, just for one fuckin night, just ONE night, give the fans what they've been wanting for damn near 20 years for this ONE very special occasion for GNR...

3 song medley What I want them to play:

Rocket Queen

Locomotive

Prostitute

A 3 song set spanning the career of songs i would expect :

WTTJ

CW

Better/CD (one or the other).

I really dont think Axl would agree to do it without at least one CD era song in it.

I actually really like this idea. Jungle would have Classic, CW (or YCBM) would have Matt, and Better/SOD would have current Guns.

There won't be time and most of all a desire to perform ChD songs

look who's inducted and don't be delusional

and it has nothing to do with skills but rather with old line-up not being fans of Axl's latest work

they also don't want to bore guests to death with ChD material

I call for dinamic anthemic songs probably WTTJ & NR or Estranged for additional musicians: Matt & Dizzy :rofl-lol:

And personally I don't belive anyone would allow to perform the latest version of Gn'R

because there's simply no reason

Edited by Iras

Anything except for Jungle, Sweet child or Paradise. I love them but they been played to death by

every original member and New GN'R. I'd like hear Civil war, Rocket Queen, Nightrain or Locomotive.

I'm sorry to say this but if they play, which I kinda doubt, it's probably gonna be WTTJ/SCOM or PC. Maybe Nightrain has a chance too but Locomotive? Naahh.

I call for dinamic anthemic songs probably WTTJ & NR or Estranged for additional musicians: Matt & Dizzy :rofl-lol:

I'm quite certain neither November Rain or Estranged will be performed simply due to the fact that Slash probably hasn't played them since '94 (he certainly hasn't live).

Yeah NR would be out of the question, especially if the original lineup won't rehearse. Too many logistical and musical issues that could arise from it. I am expecting songs like Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, etc.

Yeah NR would be out of the question, especially if the original lineup won't rehearse. Too many logistical and musical issues that could arise from it. I am expecting songs like Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, etc.

Guys, these are professional musicians...and above all they wrote music for these songs

they don't have to reharse it together...

there's reason they are inducted to RRHOF they're living rock legends,

I think they will easily manage these songs only if they agree to perform them

Guys, these are professional musicians...and above all they wrote music for these songs

That's silly. All professional musicians need to rehearse.

Tell that to Axl.

but not together

only problem was and is Axl

and what's the difference?

he rarely reharsed with the band back in they hey day and now as I understand

same situation as ever