GNR facebook rant

bumblerose

Wow! I cant believe that some people are having an outraged reaction to these few lines from GN'R's facebook page. This is probably why most celebrities never choose to open their mouths to make anything other than the same old safe, nicey nice noises all the time.

Apparently the band has no right to ever feel disgusted or angry or irritated like other normal human beings. Axl cant complain against people hawking for autographs to sell and bloggers writing hateful "reviews" that totally ignore the energy and musicianship put into the shows? Really? I wonder how anybody was a fan of Axl's back in the 90s if this little "rant" is a problem.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the e-bayers, I get the media hate....but I really can't stand the reviews that guy writes...he's basically taking 'cool' expressions and a bunch of epithets from a fucking thesaurus and then just machine gunning them on his computer screen...the reviews feature very little author perspective...I know nothing about his experience, which what I think a review should be about...the people on this forum write better reviews...you can really feel that they were there and how they felt about the songs and the show....this review is written in a chick-magazine type of literary style, where everything is so polished and artificial that it makes me cringe...I have nothing against the message of the review, because I fucking love this band and I'll stand by the live shows, they're amazing...but posting reviews like that makes it look like they only like the most obvious ass kissers...however, that's just my opinion...there's plenty of people out there who write great reviews about the shows, even on this board...why go with this guy?

i just re-read it...quoting: Their songs balance sex and violence like the greatest Shakespearian drama performed on a train about to derail at 200 miles per hour—with Axl Rose as the poet laureate and pilot of course.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I highly doubt that that guy sleeps with 'King Lear' on his night stand...

+1. Love the shows I've been to, but these reviews are cringey and people on this forum write better reviews.

Also, re: the autograph situation, personalising the autographs, i.e. "To Tom From Axl" would solve the eBay scammer problem. Axl wouldn't have to see autographed stuff on eBay, and true fans would be psyched to have personalised autographed stuff.

Edited by Amir

You've seen some of the negative reviews - they're usually not constructive critiques.

Now we know he reads the reviews.

Some reviewers for legit newspapers and magazines have admitted writing reviews to shows they didn't go to, music they didn't listen to, and movies they didn't watch.

I get the e-bayers, I get the media hate....but I really can't stand the reviews that guy writes...he's basically taking 'cool' expressions and a bunch of epithets from a fucking thesaurus and then just machine gunning them on his computer screen...the reviews feature very little author perspective...I know nothing about his experience, which what I think a review should be about...the people on this forum write better reviews...you can really feel that they were there and how they felt about the songs and the show....this review is written in a chick-magazine type of literary style, where everything is so polished and artificial that it makes me cringe...I have nothing against the message of the review, because I fucking love this band and I'll stand by the live shows, they're amazing...but posting reviews like that makes it look like they only like the most obvious ass kissers...however, that's just my opinion...there's plenty of people out there who write great reviews about the shows, even on this board...why go with this guy?

i just re-read it...quoting: Their songs balance sex and violence like the greatest Shakespearian drama performed on a train about to derail at 200 miles per hour—with Axl Rose as the poet laureate and pilot of course.

what the fuck is that supposed to mean? I highly doubt that that guy sleeps with 'King Lear' on his night stand...

I believe that the band HAS put fan reviews or its Twitter account in the past so its not as if they've never done it.

I dont understand what you mean by lack of author's perspective in this Artist Direct review - the writer is giving his own perspective and he just happens to really like the shows GN'R has been putting up. He's written a bunch of different reviews of recent shows so it might be difficult to always create the right feel of the moment but he IS writing professionally so he knows that his own experience is secondary and the readers expect the more typical details like songs played etc.

Why not drop a positive word for this guy's reviews when he seems genuinely enthusiastic and has taken the trouble to become knowledgable about the band rather than just rehashing what everybody else is saying? He doesnt seem any more "overly polished" to me than the average professional review.

I dont see what's wrong with the Shakespeare reference - Shakespeare was known for creating great dramatic moments and the band does that too but in a show delivered with massive power like a "nightrain", so to speak and Axl is the ring-master of the circus. :) You dont need to be a Shakespeare expert to write or understand that reference.

If you don't want to deal with all the bullshit... uh, don't be in a rock band? Pretty sure everything you're complaining about is dealt with on a regular basis by other big name rock bands, that's kinda part of the deal.

Fernando or whoever writes that shit comes off like a 15 year old who's mom wont let him go out. It's embarrassing to read.

Edited by sweetness

+1. Love the shows I've been to, but these reviews are cringey and people on this forum write better reviews.

Also, re: the autograph situation, personalising the autographs, i.e. "To Tom From Axl" would solve the eBay scammer problem. Axl wouldn't have to see autographed stuff on eBay, and true fans would be psyched to have personalised autographed stuff.

They say if it's dated & personalized, it takes the value off, and try to wipe it off while the ink is still wet. Plus with Ebay, who knows when they got the autograph, or if it's legit.

Watch how Uncle Ted handles Ebayers.. you've prob. seen this before.

They say if it's dated & personalized, it takes the value off, and try to wipe it off while the ink is still wet. Plus with Ebay, who knows when they got the autograph, or if it's legit.

Watch how Uncle Ted handles Ebayers.. you've prob. seen this before.

HAHA that was awesome but if the band makes a mistake with thinking a fans a dealer can go wrong

Fucking low life needs to shut up. If Axl can't stand the people that asks for an autograph he better lock himself up in his mansion. Redhead seriously needs to realise that he is nothing without his fans. You gave some, you win some.

The ''other forum'' is a good place for you son.

Whoever wrote that needs to grow a set of nuts, man up... Childish rant..

Sounds very similar to a previous rant on here aimed at a moderator, yet I don't imagine this was written by a member of the band. :question: Same type of wording though, or is it my imagination? :huh:

I believe it's Fernando, trying to sound cool, talking like Axl. Just my opinion though.

When I read the whole "Axl and the GNR family is in mygnr.com" I realized that Fernando was a completely hanger-on, Axl wanna be. Poor guy. :shrugs:

Fucking low life needs to shut up. If Axl can't stand the people that asks for an autograph he better lock himself up in his mansion. Redhead seriously needs to realise that he is nothing without his fans. You gave some, you win some.

eBay hounds asking specifically for non-personalized autographs, who say "great show Axl!" when they weren't at the show are NOT fans.

umm to droezle (fool please and it's you win some you lose some, hell it even sounds better then whatever you wrote) or/and whoemver, it really should be directed ot the daily mail (whom I believe set this off) who took the time once again to tell everyone that Axl doesn't not only look the same when he was 25, but that they played to an empty crowd, though I hear folks eventually left cause of the late time. It's one thing when commenters or fans say stuff like that but when folks continually write stuff about someone's appearance, then it says alot about them, no matter whom they're talking about or deserve it.

That said, this shouldn't come off a such as a boiling point I mean they're gonna have to face it it will be folks who write this stuff not only cause of their opinion but the fact that I bet that powers that be want to in order to split the band up and make them throw in the towel so they think Axl or whomever's gonna get the old band back together. Don't they see what they're trying to do to them. Hopefully they'll get it by now or later lol :tongue2:

Edited by Nicc

Whoever wrote that needs to grow a set of nuts, man up... Childish rant..

Sounds very similar to a previous rant on here aimed at a moderator, yet I don't imagine this was written by a member of the band. :question: Same type of wording though, or is it my imagination? :huh:

I believe it's Fernando, trying to sound cool, talking like Axl. Just my opinion though.

When I read the whole "Axl and the GNR family is in mygnr.com" I realized that Fernando was a completely hanger-on, Axl wanna be. Poor guy. :shrugs:

I was able to meet Axl after the Philly show thanks to Fernando.

Don't open your mouth about something that you have no idea about.

That sounded weird to be honest but who knows maybe he does love him some King Lear .... and the reviewer as well lmao(O/T wasn't he decent student while in school :shrugs: ?)

Now real mccoy, let's settle :drevil: I get ya though, I wonder if they sometimes are the reason Axl is more talk-ative (sp?)then whenever he really wants to be at that moment but if this is fernando (other then an actual band member) though then I hope he realizes he might get more traction and not the kind he wants

If you don't want to deal with all the bullshit... uh, don't be in a rock band? Pretty sure everything you're complaining about is dealt with on a regular basis by other big name rock bands, that's kinda part of the deal.

Fernando or whoever writes that shit comes off like a 15 year old who's mom wont let him go out. It's embarrassing to read.

That's the exact post I was going to write.

Every band or celebrity goes through the exact same thing. But they realize it is a small price to pay to make millions and live a life that most of us can only dream about.

Fernando made quite a load of shit since the last years, that Better/ Lars video BS was disturbing.

People complaining about this rant never got their oportunity to have a photo with a band member or autograph ruined by some ebayer with drum heads or 50 guitar pickguards

I agree with the e-bayers rant but I think the rest is totally out of place. Whoever wrote it rants about "whiny bitches" and he/she sounds exactly like one of them. :shrugs:

People complaining about this rant never got their oportunity to have a photo with a band member or autograph ruined by some ebayer with drum heads or 50 guitar pickguards

So how do other bands manage to handle this quandary? And is Axl really being attacked by a thousand ebayers every time he steps out in public....or is it the same couple of guys that probably do it to every band that comes through their city? And if a fan/ebayer brings 50 pickguards, does Axl really sit there and sign all 50 of them?

Is it annoying? Sure.

But this is the kind if small meaningless crap that most rock singers don't waste their time worrying about.

I just watched a metallica behind the music and some rock reporter said the thing that really impressed him was when he saw them, at the height of their popularity, signing autographs for 2-3 hours making sure every fan that was waiting got one.

Axl? "Get the f*ck away from me".....we have seen two different videos of that in the last two months. And now this Facebook rant.

Big difference.

I just watched a metallica behind the music and some rock reporter said the thing that really impressed him was when he saw them, at the height of their popularity, signing autographs for 2-3 hours making sure every fan that was waiting got one.

Axl? "Get the f*ck away from me".....we have seen two different videos of that in the last two months. And now this Facebook rant.

Those were eBayers.

Big difference.

If Metallica wants to (or wanted to) sit and sign autographs to fans and ebayers for 2-3 hours, all the more power to them. But who cares? Does it make Axl a bad person because he won't? No.

Axl has, does, and will continue to sign ebayers stuff, but not always, especially when they're mixed in with a group of real fans (i.e. Philly when they tried their best to weed out the ebayers). I'm not a 50 year old rock star, so I don't know how annoying it really is, but I'm guessing it can be pretty annoying, and I see no problem in complaining about it a little bit.

All that being said, Axl didn't do the facebook update - Fernando did.

This "review", or whatever it was, is a horrible ass sucking fest comparable to only to the worst onesided praises or flamebaits you've ever read.

and to think someone thinks a review like this is "keeping it real"?

for fucks sake.

idiots.

every song is a "masterpiece" and their execution? "utterly flawless".

enough said.

time to forget this little piece of selfindulging ass-suckery, count our losses, move on and forget.

im sorry.

This "review", or whatever it was, is a horrible ass sucking fest comparable to only to the worst onesided praises or flamebaits you've ever read.

for fucks sake.

idiots.

enough said.

time to forget this little piece of selfindulging ass-suckery, count our losses, move on and forget.

im sorry.

Tat - exactly.

And isn't it funny how people who write bad reviews are just biased negative hater. But people who write glowing reviews are just telling the truth?

Nutters are just as toxic as the haters.

for fucks sake.

idiots.

enough said.

im sorry.

Tat - exactly.

And isn't it funny how people who write bad reviews are just biased negative hater. But people who write glowing reviews are just telling the truth?

Nutters are just as toxic as the haters.

Oh, Groghan. <_<

Why.

Edited by Chloe