House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin sounded amazing last night. So much Better, than ashba... And I dont hate Ashba at all. Just that Robin's tone and style is absolutely perfect and on another level. Hearing him play Better after Ashba all this time teally put things into perspective. Sadly, im sure there's no chance in hell he's coing back. But he really seemed to enjoy playing Better.

We're missing 2 things right now.

1) Buckethead

2) Oh My God

miracle first, heaven second

Ehh i'm tired with this...

Robin and Brain joins a little bit...

Cool, but not a big deal...

Even if you like the 99-2002 era...

and oh my god is a shit song too

Dead Flowers, Mama Kin: More covers, meh...

Don't get me wrong, i love those songs, and glad to the band performing them, but, honestly... :confused:

Edited by Crash Diet

What an excellent ending to a great tour!! Perhaps the consistently best tour in the history of Guns N' Roses :). Now I wish the band gets some well-deserved rest (especially Bumbles) and are fit for fight again in May. And if possible, cram in a few days of working on a new record ;)

THANK YOU, GUNS N' ROSES!

I agree with you except this part: Perhaps the consistently best tour in the history of Guns N' Roses :)

this is ridicoulous for obvious reasons :sleeper:

Setlist ?

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. Mr Brownstone

4. It's So easy

5. Sorry

6. You're Crazy

7. Rocket Queen

8. Estranged

9. Richard Fortus Solo

10. Live And Let Die

11. This I Love

12. Used To Love Her

13. Dead Flowers

14. Tommy Stinson - Motivation

15. Shackler's Revenge

16. Dizzy Reed Solo - Baba O' Riley

17. Street Of Dreams

18. You Could Be Mine

17. Dj Ashba Solo

18. Sweet Child O' Mine

19. Another Brick In The Wall/ November Rain

20. Ron Solo Pink Panther

21. Don't Cry

22. Better

23. Civil War

24. My Michelle

25. Knocking On Heaven's Door

26. Mama Kin!

Jam

27. Nightrain

Encore

Jam

28. Madagascar

29. Whole Lotta Rosie

30. Patience

31. Paradise City

WoW, those were great additions. Very cool man, thanks.

Robin sounded amazing last night. So much Better, than ashba... And I dont hate Ashba at all. Just that Robin's tone and style is absolutely perfect and on another level. Hearing him play Better after Ashba all this time teally put things into perspective. Sadly, im sure there's no chance in hell he's coing back. But he really seemed to enjoy playing Better.

Stupid question but...did he grow his beard back ?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I would be in favour of Robin and Brain replacing both Dj and Frank. Is that going to happen however? No. What I don’t find to be unrealistic however are both players playing a role in GN’R’s wider studio apparatus. Hopefully Axl can employ a scientist to kill Dj’s few brain cells and have him play bits Robin creates.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

FInck has obvious talent. on dispute there but live he is hit and miss (that may be intentional to cupcake fans--why i have no idea).

I've heard some of the best work live in GNR with him at the helm but I've also heard some real shit.

One thing i can't dispute, in the studio, he sounds pretty damn good and he can write original music.

I'll take better over shacklers anyday.

I like what DJ has done for this band with his attitude and commitment to making GNR big again. Finck never said much, but he never seemed to give us any reason that he was there for anything more than a paycheck. Maybe I'm wrong. If GNR were a fan-driven democracy and we all had a vote, I would vote for DJ based on his enthusiasm alone. His playing is more than adequate. I think Robin's choppy/ sloppy style sounds worse on the older material anyway.

Drumming? I have to admit that I think Brain is a much better drummer, but again, I don't think he was 100% into GNR and it seems that Frank enjoys himself more.

There's a reason for the current line-up's success and a big part of it is compatibility. Axl wants to share the stage with these guys each nights and he seems happy doing it. I hope things stay as they are.

No beard, but still looked cool. Axl was definitely really excited to have Robin there. Said something to Tommy like hey,Tommy we got Robin back. Robin really was the highlight of the show. Its so sad that he left.

Edited by tr420

Man, for some guy that everyone says is an asshole and that treats the band like shit, Axl seems to have an awful lot of ex members come and play with him, not to mention Gilby, Steven and Sorum practically begging to play...., :rolleyes:

Come on they don't wanna play with Axl again because he's such a nice guy. It's a big gig playing with gnr even these days. An arena with a few 100 or gnr 30,000 in summer. I think it's pretty obvious Axl is not always the nicest of people.