House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

Robin sounded amazing last night. So much Better, than ashba... And I dont hate Ashba at all. Just that Robin's tone and style is absolutely perfect and on another level. Hearing him play Better after Ashba all this time teally put things into perspective. Sadly, im sure there's no chance in hell he's coing back. But he really seemed to enjoy playing Better.

Wow, I really would kill to be there. How was the crowds reaction, if any? How did Axl introduced him?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Frank giving Brain a lesson on how to play the YCBM intro. Love Brain, but I never thought he looked right wearing headphones behind the set(as trivial as that ia, it was one of my guys' pet peeves lol)

I always thought those headphones looked pimp!

I hate hearing dj play robins solo. Robin played his Better solo flawlessly last night. Clean tone, soulful phrasing and string bends.... I wish he played TIL and his Better solo proves it would have been amazing. He never played it live so it's not rehearsed so I'm sure that's why it wouldnt have happened. Fink coming out last night was like Brian May.coming out. He had a rock god presence, played like he's Jeff Beck and he out classes DJ. DJ with the top hot, cigarettes and Hulk Hogan like crowd interaction is Beautiful Creatures, Motley Crue etc... Not nu GNR.

Edited by tr420

I hate hearing dj play robins solo. Robin played his Better solo flawlessly last night. Clean tone, soulful phrasing and string bends.... I wish he played TIL and his Better solo proves it would have been amazing. He never played it live so it's not rehearsed so I'm sure that's why it wouldnt have happened. Fink coming out last night was like Brian May.coming out. He had a rock god presence, played like he's Jeff Beck and he out classes DJ. DJ with the top hot, cigarettes and Hulk Hogan like crowd interaction is Beautiful Creatures, Motley Crue etc... Not nu GNR.

+1

I love how everyone bitches and complains about a band member until they are gone, then they all bitch saying they wish that band member would return. People bitched about Buckethead, now people wish he would return. People bitched about Robin and now since he popped up and played a song with the band, he should come back and all would be right with the world. I remember when everyone was ripping his guitar playing and how everyone was so pissed that his solo was on Catcher, and how his sloppy playing ruined TIL. Oh and lets not even get started on Robin's sense of style and the endless discussions that provoked.

I'm happy that Robin and Brain jammed with the band. Don't want them back though.

DJ is more GNR than Finck. The only time Finck halfway resembled something that belonged in GNR was in 06/07 when he was walking around with that really weird sumo wrestler type walk, looking like Jesus with a trashbag wrapped around him.

DJ is more GNR than Finck. The only time Finck halfway resembled something that belonged in GNR was in 06/07 when he was walking around with that really weird sumo wrestler type walk, looking like Jesus with a trashbag wrapped around him.

And I loved every moment of it.

He looked awesome then.

I still love the dude.

He has something about him you just can't make up.

Robin is part of gnr and so is DJ and so is brain and all who have left.

I don't care.

gnr is gnr.

we love the same band. why should we hate people who left on their own terms...

And I loved every moment of it.

He looked awesome then.

I still love the dude.

He has something about him you just can't make up.

Robin is part of gnr and so is DJ and so is brain and all who have left.

I don't care.

gnr is gnr.

we love the same band. why should we hate people who left on their own terms...

what about photos?

The crowd gave a really bigger than expected response. It woke everyone up. Then once Sebastian Bach came out he took over and the place was rockin again. And DJ is more old gnr.... like I said...he's not nu gnr which is less Sunset Strip and more mature. Again, I like Ashba. He's definitely improved a lot. As did Robin as time went on. Ive seen every version of this band from the original HOB Vegas NYE to the Hammerstein shows when Ron first started to the amazing 06/07 era and now the last arena and club shows. When Robins on stage theres a magic element that is lost without him.