House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fink's solos better than Dj's 'cause he's more into this style of play than Dj, but can this once and for all settle the "Dj sucks at the riff" discussion? Robin didn't even know what the fuck to play at the start.

The dude probably had not played the song in fucken 5 years and has written and played a plethora of other songs since then. DJ stuffed up solos/riffs on day one after months of rehearsals and still stuffs them up to this day.

I think both are phenomenal talents and love both Finck and DJ--both are great guitarists! Us GN'R fans are about the most spoiled fans--think of all the great guitarists this band has had, and currently has; moreover, all the greats they have worked with like Brian May, Zack Wylde, & Steve Jones to name a few? Incredible!!! Axl sure attracts world class talent!

Guest ben9785

Thanks for sharing that video. So Ashba left the stage.. Had such a big smile seeing Robin back with them. Solo sounded fluid, probably better than I heard him play it before. Everyone looked happy to have him back on, or at least whoever caught eye contact with him.

Edited by ben9785

I think both are phenomenal talents and love both Finck and DJ--both are great guitarists! Us GN'R fans are about the most spoiled fans--think of all the great guitarists this band has had, and currently has; moreover, all the greats they have worked with like Brian May, Zack Wylde, & Steve Jones to name a few? Incredible!!! Axl sure attracts world class talent!

This. I love both Fink and Dj. I like Dj's presence and personality more, so I'm happy with him. Robin is a more technical player, so I like him too.

I like Fink's solos better than Dj's 'cause he's more into this style of play than Dj, but can this once and for all settle the "Dj sucks at the riff" discussion? Robin didn't even know what the fuck to play at the start.

The dude probably had not played the song in fucken 5 years and has written and played a plethora of other songs since then. DJ stuffed up solos/riffs on day one after months of rehearsals and still stuffs them up to this day.

This.

Also, maybe Finck can hang around and teach DJ how to play the TIL solo properly LOL.

Man, this vid has really shown that we are getting less with ashba.

I think if DJ would focus more on being a guitar player and less a $2 junk shop peddler, he would improve alot. Although, we all know his heart lies with selling DJ Ashba ashtrays.

I was very sad to see Robin leave... he contributed so much to CD and keeping the GNR creative machine rolling. Great to see him on stage with everyone, you could tell the whole band was stoked to on stage with him again. But I love DJ too, I was very skeptical when it was announced he was taking over but hey both Robin and Brain are not there because they chose not to be. I would never get into a bashing over anyone, I love everyone who has contributed to GNR I'm just happy the ball keeps rolling.... albeit it slowly

Guest ben9785

Agree with this whole page of posts for the most part. Finck walked on and nailed the song and as I said in my previous post, probably played it better than he ever has. Don't forget in the meantime he was touring with Nine Inch Nails playing their catalog. Now that's a musician.

Edited by ben9785

Back in 2007, when I joined here:

- Robin is sloppy;

- Robin can't play SCOM;

- Robin is weird;

- Robin this;

- Robin that.

2009, after the Taiwan show:

- DJ is great;

- DJ brings a new vibe to this band;

- DJ doesn't fuck with the old songs;

- Now this really looks like a band, not a freak-show;