House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Am I the only person here to think DJ is a much better fit for Guns N' Roses?

Hmmm it depends. If you want someone who embodies the 'rock n' roll' archetype in image only, then yes, DJ does suit Guns N' Roses better. But rock n' roll is also about doing what you want and not following trends, this is where Robin excels in my opinion. Never mind the fact that I personally think he is a better guitar player than DJ, but his fashion sense, mannerisms and 'in the zone' stage presence are very unique. He was similar to Buckethead in that they were both polar opposites to Slash. I'm glad I got to see Robin with Guns in 2007 and I wish he would come back.

Oh wow, thats awesome! Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. Really wish Robin had also played TIL too now... (always wanted to hear the live ver of his solo, DJ's is just not as satisfactory imo).

Another Your Crazy vid

Estranged

Your statement only makes sense if you back it up with people saying "I hate Robin" etc who now want Robin back. I'm pretty sure you are just using the general consensus from when Robin was in the band and now to make this statement but I have not seen anyone that slagged Robin from pre-2008 turn and praise him now or vice versa. The ones who want him back now are mainly the ones who liked him back then.

DJ's a fantastic fit for GnR - Ron & Richard are brilliant too. In my who gives a fuck opinion this is the best live line- up of this band in a long time. I hope they also get to add to Axl's talents and becone a Great studio band too one day. Real Chemistry is obvious with this line-up.

DJ's a fantastic fit for GnR - Ron & Richard are brilliant too. In my who gives a fuck opinion this is the best live line- up of this band in a long time. I hope they also get to add to Axl's talents and becone a Great studio band too one day. Real Chemistry is obvious with this line-up.

Hmm live chemistry can be killed by the disjointed recording process Axl employs. It's not like they all sit in a room and jam out tunes. They individually record ideas, riffs, beats etc and Axl mixes and matches them, even the solos are comped and changed.

Guest gunns5

You might hate fincks movements on stage but at least he isn't trying to be someone he isn't, he's just himself.

/runningman LOL

At least Finck doesn't act like Hulk Hogan on stage.

hulk-hogan.jpg

your reaching to the converted bro

Guest gunns5

Hmm live chemistry can be killed by the disjointed recording process Axl employs. It's not like they all sit in a room and jam out tunes. They individually record ideas, riffs, beats etc and Axl mixes and matches them, even the solos are comped and changed.

djs emails hit the spambox lol

Not many musicians are big fans of that. It is the ultimate test of DJ's commitment.

I think both are phenomenal talents and love both Finck and DJ--both are great guitarists! Us GN'R fans are about the most spoiled fans--think of all the great guitarists this band has had, and currently has; moreover, all the greats they have worked with like Brian May, Zack Wylde, & Steve Jones to name a few? Incredible!!! Axl sure attracts world class talent!

He sure does, and why wouldnt you wanna work with Axl Rose - the guy's a one-of-a-kind freakin' genius.

Also, i think a point to make is that Axl (and the rest of the band) are extremely warm and generous in welcoming back past members to join them on stage. Its great to see Axl inclusive of these guys. I know i'll get bashed for saying that, as a couple of AFD boys havent been up there with them but thats personal shit none of us have a clue about and is really none of our business. Anyway, nice to see the GnR extensive family enjoying themselves. :)