House Of Blues, West Hollywood, Califórnia, USA

Hatchepsut

Fun fact being that when we had Robin back in 2001-2006, all you ass-clowns kept bashing him in every on-topic & non-topic....same as you do with Dj now. You boys n girls are definitely fucked in the brains. Real Columbine High material to say the least. :thumbsdown:

Yes. Same with Buckethead. The GNR fanbase is a joke.

And yes, that's how Better should always sound like. Except that Ron's tone doesn't fit the song imo.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, robin is great isn't he. i don't really care about dj, i have no problems with him, i'm just a big fan of mr. finck and it feels great to see the guy playing his song on stage. i wonder how it'd feel if it was slash instead. now that would be insane.

if i were axl, i would keep robin around. gnr looks like a large group of people and maybe we could have robin (and even bucket) on future releases.

Screw 'em both. I want Bucket back.

No Doubt. I'd fire the whole fucking band tomorrow if it meant that Buckethead would come back.

Ridiculous name, ridiculous look - sorry. If he plays that well then he must be in a band somewhere so go follow him there. I like the members they have now, not some manequin figure with a bucket on his head dry.gif

i was thinking the same thing, but I am not sure we are talking about the same people saying all these things. Here is what I know:

1) Robin made Better sound better last night.

2) DJ brings a lot to the table both on and off the stage beyond the guitar.

3) This band has had way more camaraderie (publicly at least) and seemed tighter since DJ came on board.

4) Robin's space goth drunk Jesus hippie look never did much for the imagery of the band.

5) DJ tries way to hard to look and act cool. So much so that it serves the purpose of detractors.

6) Robin wrote some cool stuff for CD.

7) We know a bit about DJ's work elsewhere, which isn't too shabby imo, but his skills on a GN'R record are completely unknown.

To be honest, points 2 & 3 have meant a lot to me and they directly or coincidentally have elevated GN'R in the public eye quite a bit from pre-2009 new band incarnations. As much as I liked Robin's work and much of his playing, I think the band, Axl, and the fans have been better served by DJ for whatever reason

Of course this is all subjective but I think most reasonable folks would agree.

Edited by arm breaker

i was thinking the same thing, but I am not sure we are talking about the same people saying all these things. Here is what I know:

1) Robin made Better sound better last night.

2) DJ brings a lot to the table both on and off the stage beyond the guitar.

3) This band has had way more camaraderie (publicly at least) and seemed tighter since DJ came on board.

4) Robin's space goth drunk Jesus hippie look never did much for the imagery of the band.

5) DJ tries way to hard to look and act cool. So much so that it serves the purpose of detractors.

6) Robin wrote some cool stuff for CD.

7) We know a bit about DJ's work elsewhere, which isn't too shabby imo, but his skills on a GN'R record are completely unknown.

To be honest, points 2 & 3 have meant a lot to me and they directly or coincidentally have elevated GN'R in the public eye quite a bit from pre-2009 new band incarnations. As much as I liked Robin's work and much of his playing, I think the band, Axl, and the fans have been better served by DJ for whatever reason

Of course this is all subjective but I think most reasonable folks would agree.

Gimme goth over a 40 year old emo sk8er boi anyday. Besides Finck dropped the goth crap in his last years in the band anyway?

Edited by TRandall

You might hate fincks movements on stage but at least he isn't trying to be someone he isn't, he's just himself.

/runningman LOL

At least Finck doesn't act like Hulk Hogan on stage.

hulk-hogan.jpg

Yeah, it really sucks having someone in the band doing things similar to the most electrifying performer in any genre of live performance in the last hundred years, doesn't it? You know the WWE? The Rock/Dwayne Johnson? Hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars in revenue generated by the immense popularity of wrestling? All of that is thanks to the genre's first megastar. The man who brought televised wrestling to prime time. The man who made it cool. Guns N' Roses should have no part of that.

I also read something like this yesterday: ''Finck is much better fit for GN'R than Dj, he might not play the old stuff note for note, but he gives it his own spin!''. and when Dj plays something a bit different, (almost) everybody is bitchin' about it!

DJ can hardly play the material as is, let alone pull off adding his own spin to it. Best he can do is his shitty bend in the WTTJ intro.

You might hate fincks movements on stage but at least he isn't trying to be someone he isn't, he's just himself.

/runningman LOL

At least Finck doesn't act like Hulk Hogan on stage.

hulk-hogan.jpg

Yeah, it really sucks having someone in the band doing things similar to the most electrifying performer in any genre of live performance in the last hundred years, doesn't it? You know the WWE? The Rock/Dwayne Johnson? Hundreds of millions, if not billions, of dollars in revenue generated by the immense popularity of wrestling? All of that is thanks to the genre's first megastar. The man who brought televised wrestling to prime time. The man who made it cool. Guns N' Roses should have no part of that.

A true entertainer can pull it off.

A douchebag poser looks like exactly that.

People like to bitch and moan. It's been going on for a long time. However, I find the Buckethead fanboys to be a little bit more in touch with reality than the Slash fanboys.

Regarding the Bucket thing... it's ridiculous (I will not mention Slash because he apparently would want to reunite, but their fanboys are really annoying). It's like they can't seem to respect Bucket's decision and beg him to come back to Guns. Kinda like when a man is begging his ex girlfriend to come back but she's in love with someone else and did not/will not come back. That's disrespectful and annoying at the same time. They will not realize this though since all some of them can see is a Bucket and a mask in front of their eyes. It's like Bucket is the be all and end all of guitar playing and nobody else could touch him creatively and skill-wise. Almost 10 years and they're still like retarded fanboys going on forever "Bucket MUST come back now" when in reality Bucket doesn't give a fuck about all of that. Robin, on the other hand, is in good terms with the guys and we dont know why he left, so at this point the speculation isn't so stupid.

Guest gunns5

Better

Fucken awesome.

agreed! fucking awesome!!

+1 we love you Robin

Ashba... who ?

Ive been at uni all day and have literally waited all day to see this and it's fucking awesome, its SO good seeing Robin there!