KISS and MOTLEY CRUE - The World's Biggest Rock Bands on One Stage - The Tour

gunsguy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Len. These two bands are beyond bad, they are an insult to music.

I'd rather have any of them in their worst phase than Radiohead's greatest hits altogether. :shrugs:

Insult to music? No. You just don't like it. :rolleyes:

Finally someone with some sense. KISS and Motley Crue aren't insults to music just because you don't like them. People need to stop feeding Len the cupcake who thinks that anything that he doesn't like is an abomination to the planet Earth.

Guest Len B'stard
The funny thing is you still fired back with an argument about blues music of the 30s, which is actually right, so I challenge you... how did KISS copy Beethoven?

By appealing to the deaf? :lol: Lets face it, KISS are tailor made for deaf people, strong visual iconography and shit music, perfect for the hard of hearing!

Decades just seems like so much longer. Maybe I should have gone back to Beethoven. That was decades before too. :lol:

The funny thing is you still fired back with an argument about blues music of the 30s, which is actually right, so I challenge you... how did KISS copy Beethoven? ;)

Just give up.

Oh relax. I was being a smart ass.

I get it, people hate KISS and Motley Crue, but why post in here if you don't like them?

I get it, people hate KISS and Motley Crue, but why post in here if you don't like them?

Because contrasting views are what forums are made to conjure.

Which is all good, and I'm cool with people not liking KISS, but people in this thread are acting like their opinion is fact.

I'm with Len. These two bands are beyond bad, they are an insult to music.

I'd rather have any of them in their worst phase than Radiohead's greatest hits altogether. :shrugs:

Insult to music? No. You just don't like it. :rolleyes:

i would agree 100% with this. even though im not a kiss or motley crue fan their is still a handfull or more of each i do enjoy which is a handfull more than i like of radioheads music :tongue2:

Which is all good, and I'm cool with people not liking KISS, but people in this thread are acting like their opinion is fact.

Then disprove them or stop crying about it.

Then disprove them or stop crying about it.

I'm crying about it? :lol:

I think you need to re-read my posts. I thought Len's post was funny, so I replied and sarcastically asked him to tell me which 30's band KISS ripped off in response to his "decades before" comment. It wasn't something that was meant to be answered - it was a joke. To my surprise, he did answer it after acknowledging the joke about the 30's and actually made a valid point about blues music. Again, I joked "Okay, what about Beethoven?" and you replied "Just give up" so if anybody's crying, it seems to be you because your upset for some reason that I made a joke that Len should tell me how KISS compares to Beethoven.

I haven't "cried" about it at all. I disprove of the comments that are bluntly like "KISS is an insult to music" but I didn't reply to those at all. Therefore I ignored the comments that didn't apply to me, not cried about them. Again, I thought Len's was funny.

Not to be an asshole, I'm a huge KISS fan but that live stream concert yesterday kinda ruined my expectations...

Really? Aww man.

Was it not good?

Paul's voice was really bad, it's like he was sick or something (hopefully there was something to justify his voice that night), and they played for 1:30h, which was really short, kinda like 13 or 14 songs tops, and they usually play from 18 to 20. And maybe it was the stream but the sound mix was really terrible. Them stream itself was great, though. Didn't pause or buffer a single time.

Not to be an asshole, I'm a huge KISS fan but that live stream concert yesterday kinda ruined my expectations...

Really? Aww man.

Was it not good?

Paul's voice was really bad, it's like he was sick or something (hopefully there was something to justify his voice that night), and they played for 1:30h, which was really short, kinda like 13 or 14 songs tops, and they usually play from 18 to 20. And maybe it was the stream but the sound mix was really terrible. Them stream itself was great, though. Didn't pause or buffer a single time.

Mötley Crüe doesn't play longer than 1:30 either....at least not when I saw them.

I like the Crue, but they are awful live. And that pretty much comes down to Vince Neil.

He gets outta breath quickly and misses a lot of words cause of it which sucks. Tommy and Mick are great live though.

Nikki too. I'd still see them, regardless of Vince's voice. The problem with this tour is if Paul Stanley keeps that last concert's voice. Paul Stanley has always had one of the coolest voices in rock n roll history but that last concert was like '09 Late Show Modern Day Delilah all over again...

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

Really? Aww man.

Was it not good?

That's strange, Paul usually sounds great. Hopefully he sounds good when I see them :confused:

Really? Aww man.

Was it not good?

That's strange, Paul usually sounds great. Hopefully he sounds good when I see them :confused:

Paul has had his ups and downs the last decade. He sounded decent on the Rock the Nation tour in 2004 but it wasn't his most consistent year vocally, that's for sure. Some songs he nailed while others he sounded hoarse. Conversely, he sounded absolutely amazing on his 2007 solo tour, one of his most consistent years vocally in a long time. 2009 and 2010 were both hit and miss. Luckily for me both times I saw them Paul was comparable to the Rock the Nation tour or even better. He sounded great. He also sounded pretty damn good overall on the 2010 Rock am Ring bootleg.

He still has quite a range but I think ideally the band should tune down to help him out. I know KISS already plays in Eb, but for 2010 they played Crazy Crazy Nights a whole step down and it sounded fine so I don't think it'd hurt to do that to other songs as well. Also, Eric Singer is taking many of the high harmonies in the songs now which is great to help save Paul's voice too.

Like any singer, he has off nights. I really do wish he'd cut down on his banter between songs. I think that puts a lot of stress on his voice too. If he cut down on that, he'd probably save his voice too.

Hopefully it holds up, because he's got one of my favorite voices in rock.

On the other hand, Gene is doing some of his better singing in many years the last couple tours.