Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

According to his own words, Axl never said that he didn't want to. It's pretty hard for Axl to have said that to him when they haven't talked.

Slash is saying they won't play because he doesn't want to.

Slash did this on his own. Put blame where it belongs for once.

exactly, I lost alot of respect for Slash

I always thought Axl was the "bad" guy

But basically in this interview Slash pretty much said we are not playing

had he said "well I'd like to play, but some members do not want to play" I am sure that would have been a sign and we all know what he meant, but basically he took the authority and said they are not gonna play

whatever like I said I am done with this band

Slash is coming to where I live in May and I am not even gonna see him

My bad, and my apologies.

I try not to pay attention to the names of the posters, as then it is easier to not carry grudges from topic to topic like a LOT of people do.

I know you are a strong poster. I was just responding to somebody saying that it was Slash's fault the band wasn't playing and not Axl's.

I didn't like the term nutter at first! But then one day I said something negative about Axl and had 3-4 people just go on an attack frenzy, and then the term "nutter" made perfect sense. People that worship Axl and think that he does nothing wrong. Nothing is his fault, it's ALWAYS everybody else's fault. And like I've said, I think the Nutters are just as toxic to the forum as the haters. I know it's a silly word, but it really summarizes these people to a T.

But back to topic....you really think that them not playing isn't soley 100% Axl's doing?

I'd bet money that everybody else involved would love to do a song or two at the show - except for Axl.

Apology accepted.

I believe that Slash admitted that he had no idea about what anyone else wanted to do and shot down any chance of a performance.

So yes, I think it is Slash's fault.

You do OMG I'm shocked! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You don't???

Is it that hard to comprehend what he said in the interview?

Actually I agree with you this time. But you have to admit you would feel like it was Slash's fault no matter what the interview said.

I can't admit that because I've never thought that they would play, and I was pretty sure that it would be Axl that refused.

I just find it hilarious that I was wrong, and it was Slash.

I think there is another dynamic at play other that the Axl/Slash problem. I don't think Izzy will show. I think they all know it. There cannot be a reunion without all of the classic five. That being said I don't think Slash is all that bothered that they will not be performing as GNR. Slash will most likey end up in the jam at the end with the other performers.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

According to his own words, Axl never said that he didn't want to. It's pretty hard for Axl to have said that to him when they haven't talked.

Slash is saying they won't play because he doesn't want to.

Slash did this on his own. Put blame where it belongs for once.

exactly, I lost alot of respect for Slash

I always thought Axl was the "bad" guy

But basically in this interview Slash pretty much said we are not playing

had he said "well I'd like to play, but some members do not want to play" I am sure that would have been a sign and we all know what he meant, but basically he took the authority and said they are not gonna play

whatever like I said I am done with this band

Slash is coming to where I live in May and I am not even gonna see him

I'm sure Slash will be crushed! Did you ever think that if Axl wanted to sing he do it without Slash?

Reading over the past interviews I get the feeling ALL of them (bar Steven) are kinda hoping this will just blow over so they can get on with their lives.

I mean didn't Slash say in the TMS interview that he hopes that the comity would skip over their nomination this time around like they have done for other notable bands?

Axl said that its nice and he's aware that it means something to the fans...

Neither seem excited about it though. Even Duff sounds a little apathetic about it. :shrugs:

EDIT

I don't think any of them feel that comfortable about this industry award. Izzy might think it's a load of shit.

^ exactly what I'm trying to get at.

Edited by KiraMPD

I can't admit that because I've never thought that they would play, and I was pretty sure that it would be Axl that refused.

it probably was, do not kid yourself.

You think it was. Do not kid yourself.

All of the evidence in this interview points to the exact opposite.

Reading over the past interviews I get the feeling ALL of them (bar Steven) are kinda hoping this will just blow over so they can get on with their lives.

I mean didn't Slash say in the TMS interview that he hopes that the comity would skip over their nomination this time around like they have done for other notable bands?

Axl said that its nice and he's aware that it means something to the fans...

Neither seem excited about it though. Even Duff sounds a little apathetic about it. :shrugs:

I don't think either Axl or Slash were exactly thrilled about the nomination. Axl played nice in the TMS interview and Slash has avoided saying anything up to this point. They have both moved on and this comes at a bad time for them both. Axl is trying to promote a would tour with a new band. Slash is starting his tour next week and his his new cd drops in May.

what does he even do anyway? Duff slash and axl are busy. steven is on celeb rehab and has a wanna be GNR band, but does izzy do? Does he even make a living in music?

Does he NEED to? He just lives his life and records music and sells it on Itunes

not exactly, but you would see it that way

Edited by moreblack

Does anyone actually recall the 20th anniversary of AFD gig at the Key Club? Yes, Axl wasn't there. But, Slash did not perform with Duff, Izzy and Steven because he didn't want to perpetuate the myth that GN'R was reuniting. So, while I understand that Axl may not want to play, I cite this example to show that one of the other members may also not want to play together.

Ali

How about you quit attacking me and attack any of the points that I've made in this thread?

Oh, that's right, that would require some facts. None of which you have.

How about you quit attacking me and attack any of the points that I've made in this thread?

tell yourself that. :tongue2:

but it's pretty far from reality.

seen a lot of interpretations so far though...

Edited by moreblack

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

They ARE gonna blame Axl. That's a fact.

That's why he said it, so Axl will get enough heap (of course he won't get any blame, Slash that is) and throw his hands in the air and say f' it and decide to play with them, like most who say

"I won't see him until he goes back to crawl to the old band hands and foot damn near"

Or maybe he and the rest is just f'ing with us lol and they'll play :xmassrudolph:

The silly signal type stuff they try Axl with or corner him with, hell if anything, this would make him more reluctant

Edited by Nicc

What's the point in discussing who has the most guilt in this story? Isn't that completely ridiculous? If you guys had shame, you would realize that you're only projecting a fight here that has nothing to do with you. Taking sides on this is more suited to old gossipers.

to be fair that kind of describes this forum to a T.

tell yourself that. :tongue2:

but it's pretty far from reality.

seen a lot of interpretations so far though...

I have no need to tell myself anything. You're the one that can't come up with a competent argument.

Does anyone actually recall the 20th anniversary of AFD gig at the Key Club? Yes, Axl wasn't there. But, Slash did not perform with Duff, Izzy and Steven because he didn't want to perpetuate the myth that GN'R was reuniting. So, while I understand that Axl may not want to play, I cite this example to show that one of the other members may also not want to play together.

Ali

Agree!

Slash had the chance to put Izzy, Duff, Steven and himself together when he did his first solo album. But he did not stating he did not think it was right. Axl stated that because Steven and Izzy are not an option for a reunion that is would not be complete. The Axl haters are busy blaming Axl and the Slash haters are busy blaming Slash. I don't deny that they both might not want to play together. But would it be a reunion if one of the classic five did not show up?

Think about this if Slash says he is not playing what is keeping Axl from singing. We all know that Axl is more than capable of getting on a stage and singing without Slash.

Edited by sleeper