[ALMOST OFFICIAL] Slash, Matt, Steven, Duff, Gilby WILL perform at the Hall of Fame. Myles MIGHT sing!

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just met Matt at The Ritz and got thrown out afterwards, also seen Adler running around like a nut

34nr3go.jpg

They just got done rehearsing at the hall, also was sitting next to Gilbys wife for a while as i snuck in the Ritz, glad i caught Matt, also met Dusty Hill from ZZTOP

Thanks for the updates bro!

Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

HA!!! Yes, give a control freak who has ruined the event, complete control over it. Best suggestion ever (if you're completely insane.)

I've been on Axl's side throughout much of this dispute, but those that think the other guys should just smile and ignore the fact that their night has been ruined, and not play because of Axl's childish letter, need to check into a psychiatric facility immediately for further evaluation.

I think this will help in continuing the press trend of recognizing Axl as the most authentic rock n roll frontman ever. While the intentions of these members playing is all good, it won't hold a candle to the performances that gnr just wrapped up and those are recent enough that anyone that caught that tour cant help but compare the two "versions" of the band.

The one unifying thing that the original members can do is to step down from playing. It's the integrity move. By playing they are making that night all about Axl by balantly recognizing his abscene.

What planet do you people come from?

The fans that try to find logic in Axl's ramblings make me shake my head.

Your hero's a bipolar mess, I'm sorry. Don't try to justify his actions.

Miles Kennedy? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me.

by that logic, when Axl tours:

"Bumblefoot? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

"DJ Ashba? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

"Chris Pittman? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

aaaand so on...

Yea but unfortunately for you, BBF, 4TUS, etc ARE IN FACT GUNS N ROSES. No way you can spin that at all. They are in Guns n roses. If you in your mind dont want to accept that, FINE, but you cant change the fact of which band they are apart of. Now how you compare that to people feeling that Myles is not Guns n Roses is beyond me.

Also, anybody else feel like Slash should have picked someone else to sing... It's as though he's using the HOF platform as promotion for his new record... I just don't think it's right.

This kind of makes no sense to me...

Guns N' Roses are still touring and are active, although the formation is different, it's still GN'R. This event is to Acknowledge GN'R, and all the achievements of the band...

I may be the minority here, but I think that Axl and current GN'R should have been given the upper hand in relation to what happened at this event. It makes total sense to me, rather than having ex members cover GN'R songs, with a sub-par vocalist.

Apparently that's why Axl is not attending because his wishes about the show, wasn't going to be met. Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

The event shouldn't be as good as, given to a former guitarist who CHOSE to leave GN'R in 97, as if GN'R cease to exist without him.

They're being rewarded for their achievements with AFD,Liesand UYI. Therefore no there is no need for the current lineup to be present. Anything else is crazy. Ashba hasn't written anything, Bumblefoot and Fortus efforts on CD were minimal.

Did Metallica get inducted based on line-ups on certain albums?

to campare GnR with Metallica is silly... Metallica has been a band that has released music and toured consistently over the years.

150760_3438978545361_1597444414_2872970_1738042322_n.jpg

that sucks! .. can't believe this woman doesn't feel ashamed :o

and why we should put up with this woman and her pathetic pics? someone should tell her, she sucks :lol:

Why are you so pissed off at people enjoying themselves??

cuz the guy in the picture is a fucking douchebag. It's easily hs fault that Axl's not attending. If he had shut the fuck up and not talked shit, axl woulda went. Thanks steven, enjoy the blow!!! :thumbsup:

I fully accept today's version of Gn'R (and hope to hear awesome music from them)... but to discredit to old line-up is just ridiculous... sure, those guys would be nothing without Axl, but same applies to him too. He wouldn't be there where he is today without the AFD line-up.

Edited by jekylhyde

I fully accept today's version of Gn'R... but to discredit to old line-up is just ridiculous... sure, those guys would be nothing without Axl, but same applies to him too. He wouldn't be there where he is today without the AFD line-up.

Yup.

Guns N' Roses are still touring and are active, although the formation is different, it's still GN'R. This event is to Acknowledge GN'R, and all the achievements of the band...

I may be the minority here, but I think that Axl and current GN'R should have been given the upper hand in relation to what happened at this event. It makes total sense to me, rather than having ex members cover GN'R songs, with a sub-par vocalist.

Apparently that's why Axl is not attending because his wishes about the show, wasn't going to be met. Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

The event shouldn't be as good as, given to a former guitarist who CHOSE to leave GN'R in 97, as if GN'R cease to exist without him.

They're being rewarded for their achievements with AFD,Liesand UYI. Therefore no there is no need for the current lineup to be present. Anything else is crazy. Ashba hasn't written anything, Bumblefoot and Fortus efforts on CD were minimal.

Did Metallica get inducted based on line-ups on certain albums?

Nope because it's a completely different scenario. 3/4 of the classic Metallica lineup are still in the band plus Jason was there as were Cliff's family. It's not like Kirk and Lars quit and James formed a new band with the same name like with GN'R. At the end of the day if Axl had put out new music constantly since 2002 and kept a stable, identifiable lineup I have no doubt that GN'R post 'split' (or rather people dropping off) would be represented. Alas, that's not the case. Plus, inducting current members would be problematic. Whilst Bumble, Frank and Fortus played on the album their contributions were minimal as the record was already done pretty much. Ashba hasn't been on a single GN'R release. Two of the people who really helped to define the sound of CD - Finck and Bucket are no longer in the band. Brain isn't either. I'm pretty sure Dizzy was included in the induction so that a current member of GN'R bar Axl would be represented.

and why we should put up with this woman and her pathetic pics? someone should tell her, she sucks :lol:

All the Axl worshippers are mad that Slash and company (fans, Duff, etc) are playing music and having FUN!!!!!

While Axl sits at home.

Slash fans get to hear their favorite musicians perform.

Axl fans get to read a letter.

Only on this forum is performing music considered a sell out, and not playing and whining is considered rock n roll.

Some people/performers are about music and songs.

Some people/performers are about lawsuits, feuds and being "rock n roll."

Miles Kennedy? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me.

by that logic, when Axl tours:

"Bumblefoot? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

"DJ Ashba? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

"Chris Pittman? Pff.. Sorry, but it's not Guns n' Roses for me."

aaaand so on...

Yea but unfortunately for you, BBF, 4TUS, etc ARE IN FACT GUNS N ROSES. No way you can spin that at all. They are in Guns n roses. If you in your mind dont want to accept that, FINE, but you cant change the fact of which band they are apart of. Now how you compare that to people feeling that Myles is not Guns n Roses is beyond me.

Also, anybody else feel like Slash should have picked someone else to sing... It's as though he's using the HOF platform as promotion for his new record... I just don't think it's right.

They're IN Guns N' Roses. They have been hired BY Guns N' Roses. They ARE NOT Guns N' Roses. Oh well, to you they're Guns N' Roses? Cool bro. Not to me, cool too. :)

Your argument might have some credence if NuGnR released CD back in 1999/ 2000 and they were now on their 3rd album and had a consistent line up. Unfortunately that has not been the case over the years. I personally feel the HOF should have done more of a full circle induction (not saying guys like Ashba or BBF should be inducted) by at least including Chin Dem as part of the induction. I get and understand all this has been difficult on Axl over they years and he has allegedly been through a lot of behind the scenes type stuff. but the general public doesnt know any of that and GnR is famous for AFD, Lies, and UYI that is simply a fact. Axl has chosen not to attend or preform, which i respect but that doesnt mean the guys that helped write the music for which the band is being inducted dont have a right to preform at their induction. You cannot erase the past no matter how hard some might want to.

cuz the guy in the picture is a fucking douchebag. It's easily hs fault that Axl's not attending. If he had shut the fuck up and not talked shit, axl woulda went. Thanks steven, enjoy the blow!!! :thumbsup:

True Adler said things he shouldn't have but Axl is his own person who does what he wants to do.....he wouldn't have shown up regardless of what anybody has said. :shrugs:

All the Axl worshippers are mad that Slash and company (fans, Duff, etc) are playing music and having FUN!!!!!

While Axl sits at home.

Only on this forum is performing music considered a sell out, and not playing and whining is considered rock n roll.

+1

Right on! :thumbsup:

For the people saying "its not GNR without Axl" that is true, but I am pretty sure they won't be performing as Guns N' Roses. They will just be a bunch of guys celebrating the music they were a part of (either recording or touring). I don't mind Myles singing because hey someone has to sing right? I do not have any issues with them performing at all

Edited by WhazUp

While Axl sits at home.

+1

Right on! :thumbsup:

+2

Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

It's an extremely complicated situation. To be totally fair, regarding the conditions that the Hall of Fame recquire to be inducted, the new band didn't match. However, if Myles sings tonight, I agree it's even more ridiculous than if the new band had played, because he has absolutely no relation to Guns N' Roses other than touring with Slash and singing on two of his albums.

The truth here is, in this situation, you can only do some damage control. Slash, Duff and the rest will be regarded as heroes by the mainstream audience, and Axl and Izzy (and Dizzy that apparently no one cares about -I do-) will be regarded as selfish assholes by this same mainstream audience. Others will say Slash & co are sellouts and Axl & Izzy are true rock n' rollers.

Generally, I take Axl's side, but on this event, I think his reaction was stupid given the fact that he makes his money out of old songs mainly, there is very little Chinese Democracy in the setlist and there have been no new songs since the 2009 asian tour. So it's a little easy to say "I've moved on" on this one, to me he has clearly not, I'm waiting for him to prove me the contrary and bring on some real new stuff and make us forget about the past.

This night was a good occasion to put differences aside and play for the fans like Pink Floyd did in 2005 (you could clearly see Roger Waters had less problems with a reunion than David Guilmore had, but nonetheless they still played a 5 or 6 songs-set!) and make it a party. Life is short, the universe is infinite, some people are working on the possibility of building a time machine and use it as a loop so say, if the machine is built in 2015, people from 2050 will be able to come back to 2015 -but not further back in time-. People die everyday, so I say it's stupid for musicians, people who have the ability to spread good vibes and a message of hope, to act like fucking dickheads like Axl is doing (although I'm one of the hardcorest supporters of Axl here).

So even though I'm not for Myles going on live with the others, for once, I think they are doing something important in playing together. It proves that no matter how fucked up and close to death they have been, they're still standing in 2012 and spreading good vibes to the world. I say fuck the negativity and just play for fuck sake.

I think it's my worst post ever, I'm terribly tired and my english sucks ass.