[ALMOST OFFICIAL] Slash, Matt, Steven, Duff, Gilby WILL perform at the Hall of Fame. Myles MIGHT sing!

Nosaj Thing

This kind of makes no sense to me...

Guns N' Roses are still touring and are active, although the formation is different, it's still GN'R. This event is to Acknowledge GN'R, and all the achievements of the band...

I may be the minority here, but I think that Axl and current GN'R should have been given the upper hand in relation to what happened at this event. It makes total sense to me, rather than having ex members cover GN'R songs, with a sub-par vocalist.

Apparently that's why Axl is not attending because his wishes about the show, wasn't going to be met. Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

The event shouldn't be as good as, given to a former guitarist who CHOSE to leave GN'R in 97, as if GN'R cease to exist without him.

What exactly has the new band done to be inducted into the HOF? Nothing. So, outside of Axl, why should they have a say? The reason GNR is getting inducted is solely due to the original band and their accomplishments.

Axl chose not to participate, so why shouldn't Slash, Duff, etc enjoy their moment? At least they are loyal to their fans.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people saying "its not GNR without Axl" that is true, but I am pretty sure they won't be performing as Guns N' Roses. They will just be a bunch of guys celebrating the music they were a part of (either recording or touring). I don't mind Myles singing because hey someone has to sing right? I do not have any issues with them performing at all

I am pretty sure ALL fans, and ALL the guys who will be on that stage, could provide the name of one person who should be up there singing. Unfortunately, not only did that individual take his ball and stay home, but he demanded that nobody dare speak his name at this event.

So whatever hand they decide to play, with the cards they have been dealt, is fine by me.

Axl almost certainly should have been given complete control of this event, he IS Guns N' Roses and forever will be.

It's an extremely complicated situation. To be totally fair, regarding the conditions that the Hall of Fame recquire to be inducted, the new band didn't match. However, if Myles sings tonight, I agree it's even more ridiculous than if the new band had played, because he has absolutely no relation to Guns N' Roses other than touring with Slash and singing on two of his albums.

The truth here is, in this situation, you can only do some damage control. Slash, Duff and the rest will be regarded as heroes by the mainstream audience, and Axl and Izzy (and Dizzy that apparently no one cares about -I do-) will be regarded as selfish assholes by this same mainstream audience. Others will say Slash & co are sellouts and Axl & Izzy are true rock n' rollers.

Generally, I take Axl's side, but on this event, I think his reaction was stupid given the fact that he makes his money out of old songs mainly, there is very little Chinese Democracy in the setlist and there have been no new songs since the 2009 asian tour. So it's a little easy to say "I've moved on" on this one, to me he has clearly not, I'm waiting for him to prove me the contrary and bring on some real new stuff and make us forget about the past.

This night was a good occasion to put differences aside and play for the fans like Pink Floyd did in 2005 (you could clearly see Roger Waters had less problems with a reunion than David Guilmore had, but nonetheless they still played a 5 or 6 songs-set!) and make it a party. Life is short, the universe is infinite, some people are working on the possibility of building a time machine and use it as a loop so say, if the machine is built in 2015, people from 2050 will be able to come back to 2015 -but not further back in time-. People die everyday, so I say it's stupid for musicians, people who have the ability to spread good vibes and a message of hope, to act like fucking dickheads like Axl is doing (although I'm one of the hardcorest supporters of Axl here).

So even though I'm not for Myles going on live with the others, for once, I think they are doing something important in playing together. It proves that no matter how fucked up and close to death they have been, they're still standing in 2012 and spreading good vibes to the world. I say fuck the negativity and just play for fuck sake.

I think it's my worst post ever, I'm terribly tired and my english sucks ass.

Great post. Especially agree with the part I bolded.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

We had long heard rumors of Axl's enemies list.

Any singer who would have stepped in tonight to perform with the band would most certainly head to #2 (Slash owns #1 in perpetuity).

I am sure not everyone wanted to deal with that.

Edited by Naupis

Myles is terrible on GN'R songs. This will be disaster.

This.

He belongs at an open mic or in a college emo rock band. I'd rather have Scott Weiland there; his interpretations of GnR songs are vastly superior to Myles open-mic Kennedy.

This.

He belongs at an open mic or in a college emo rock band. I'd rather have Scott Weiland there; his interpretations of GnR songs are vastly superior to Myles open-mic Kennedy.

Scott really did a good job on the GN'R songs VR covered, I was very impressed with him.

Myles can't sing, wtf! is ridiculous. If Axl bring Ashba for playin' guitar everybody will be disapointe, but if Slash bring Myles there is no problem? Are you crazy? The most identify in GNR songs from appettite era is Axl voice.

If Slash bring Myles then he lose my respect for all of my life, then he will be the attention whore.

I hope Duff sing in this event. He can do it nice

ahhh no! Slash's guitar is...

there were plenty raspy voices in rock these days

Axl would be the weakest link if he decided to perform with classic line-up..maybe along with Adler

he's huge voice problems besides mental issues of course

Sad but true Myles is way better singer now

But I agree that Duff singing song or two would be suffice

Edited by Iras

Eddie Trunk:

Whatever is pieced together a Guns performance tonight I would not expect GnR songs performed due to publishing clearance issues.

That totally seems like an Axl kind of thing if true. He will be savaged even worse in the press if he some how blocks them from playing GNR songs.

This.

Scott really did a good job on the GN'R songs VR covered, I was very impressed with him.

I agree. In particular, I remember Scott singing It's so Easy, and I was struck by how his low voice fit the song perfectly.

But Myles... wow... I just can't even count how many hundreds of guys I've seen at open mics who sound identical to him. Barf.

Eddie Trunk:

Whatever is pieced together a Guns performance tonight I would not expect GnR songs performed due to publishing clearance issues.

That totally seems like an Axl kind of thing if true. He will be savaged even worse in the press if he some how blocks them from playing GNR songs.

They should just go ahead and play "Sorry."

Eddie Trunk:

That would be shitty.

They could always do "Nice Boys", "Dead Flowers" and "Knocking on Heaven's Door". I'd be happy with that.

Or they could do GNR songs but HBO wouldn't be able to broadcast them.

Lame if the whole band is not there don't play. Myles sucks donkey balls. If anyone has to sing. Let it be duff

Just because Axl's not there they shouldn't perform? It's their night as well. They should play if they want to.

+1

Axl made his decision quite clear, he IS NOT Guns N Roses

This.

I agree. In particular, I remember Scott singing It's so Easy, and I was struck by how his low voice fit the song perfectly.

But Myles... wow... I just can't even count how many hundreds of guys I've seen at open mics who sound identical to him. Barf.

He sounds AMAZING on It's So Easy! I also love how he sang "Piss off" instead of "Fuck off", a nice way of adding his own little twist to the songs without ruining it :thumbsup: