RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"know Axl doesn't want to give these guys their moments"

WHAT, helll he can't do anything about them getting their shine. If he really wanted to show out, hell he would have gone "I'm hijacking this bitch, NO ONE is getting on stage cuz I'm getting suing-happy on everyone" or some mess.

No just not for the leeches/execs/planners of a reunion giving them THEIR moment as opposed of what they want for themselves.

That's the problem with duplistic people. Adler and Slash are all cool and being "humble" on stage, but it's a sham. Keep in mind these guys have verbally crapped on Axl for the past 20 odd years. So if they present themselves as being all cool and having their shit together, it generates alot of fuck you Axl posts as the simpletons then are easily corralled into thinking the problems that exist with the old GnR lineup are purely down to Axl.

Ever think that they crapped on Axl because he deserved it. With Duff, Slash, Izzy, Adler, Gilby all saying the same thing about the guy, perhaps it may have been justified criticism.

And it's insane to blame these guys for walking away. If you were in a business/partnership/marriage and the other party/person was treating you like shit, wouldn't you extricate yourself from that situation. It's like blaming a woman for leaving an abusive husband. Doesn't mean that these guys aren't without their faults (ie drugs, booze), but their problems weren't so bad that the others quit on them.

I know Axl doesn't want to give these guys their moments, but why is everyone here begrudging these guys for celebrating their pasts. Remember, these are the guys responsible for most of the songs you're going to see Axl and his band play this past year and upcoming summer.

It's amazing that on a night like this we can't be happy for a group of guys that gave us so much and are giving back to the fans by honoring the music we hold so dear.

Axl didn't begrudge these guys their moment of glory, he simply stated he personally wasn't going. Izzy also did not show up.

Some pretty revisionist thinking here if you think Axl was solely to blame for old GnR not being around. Last I checked he & Izzy were the last of the original era members left. I'm by no means being apologetic with regards to Axl. I'm sure he's a very difficult guy to deal with at times, but you'd be a fool if you thought the same wasn't true for Adler and Slash. The crap they spewed for years while Axl stayed silent has been ridiculous. Why should have Axl gone when it was clear they hadn't changed their views. You only have to hear Adlers rant a few weeks back to see what they really felt. The silence of the other band members was also very telling.

Do any of you "real" Axl fans think he wouldn't actually be having a blast if he was there partying with all these guys? As bitter an old man as he's become, I think he's going to regret not attending this.

Or maybe not. Maybe he's happy being holed up in his room eating cheetos and watching it on a choppy Internet stream.

Do any of you "real" Axl fans think he wouldn't actually be having a blast if he was there partying with all these guys? As bitter an old man as he's become, I think he's going to regret not attending this.

Or maybe not. Maybe he's happy being holed up in his room eating cheetos and watching it on a choppy Internet stream.

Axl is probably doing alot of stress eating tonight. His 3rd chin is hungry.

maybe he is happy making a stand he believed in?

That's the problem with duplistic people. Adler and Slash are all cool and being "humble" on stage, but it's a sham. Keep in mind these guys have verbally crapped on Axl for the past 20 odd years. So if they present themselves as being all cool and having their shit together, it generates alot of fuck you Axl posts as the simpletons then are easily corralled into thinking the problems that exist with the old GnR lineup are purely down to Axl.

Ever think that they crapped on Axl because he deserved it. With Duff, Slash, Izzy, Adler, Gilby all saying the same thing about the guy, perhaps it may have been justified criticism.

And it's insane to blame these guys for walking away. If you were in a business/partnership/marriage and the other party/person was treating you like shit, wouldn't you extricate yourself from that situation. It's like blaming a woman for leaving an abusive husband. Doesn't mean that these guys aren't without their faults (ie drugs, booze), but their problems weren't so bad that the others quit on them.

I know Axl doesn't want to give these guys their moments, but why is everyone here begrudging these guys for celebrating their pasts. Remember, these are the guys responsible for most of the songs you're going to see Axl and his band play this past year and upcoming summer.

It's amazing that on a night like this we can't be happy for a group of guys that gave us so much and are giving back to the fans by honoring the music we hold so dear.

Axl didn't begrudge these guys their moment of glory, he simply stated he personally wasn't going. Izzy also did not show up.

Some pretty revisionist thinking here if you think Axl was solely to blame for old GnR not being around. Last I checked he & Izzy were the last of the original era members left. I'm by no means being apologetic with regards to Axl. I'm sure he's a very difficult guy to deal with at times, but you'd be a fool if you thought the same wasn't true for Adler and Slash. The crap they spewed for years while Axl stayed silent has been ridiculous. Why should have Axl gone when it was clear they hadn't changed their views. You only have to hear Adlers rant a few weeks back to see what they really felt. The silence of the other band members was also very telling.

Axl has remained silent?!? Now that is revisionist thinking. I love old and new and I'm not here to bash Axl, but he has done his share of badmouthing too.

:lol: :lol:

Well said!!

I doubt both of these statements, he's probably trying to sue hof.

Axl had every opportunity to respond to the other members' comments over the years but he decided to lock himself in his mansion. That is his fault.

Why doesn't he tell the world what happened instead of staying silent and playing the victim?

Why do the other guys in the band get along so well?

Edited by SWINGTRADER