Axl at a Jack White show.

rabia

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you can make the same argument with Jimi Hendrix, he was great for his time but live he was sloppy as hell and often played shit wrong but that doesn't really matter because he was amazing anyway because he played with attitude and energy. Just because you don't like someones music doesn't mean they are bad guitar players. If Jack would play in a band like Protest the Hero you could say he suck because he would try to do something he can't play and that is guitar driven music. Dave Mustaine sucks because he tries to play shreding guitar solos even if he's not able to do it.

No, Hendrix wasn't like that. Hell, I'm not even sure why are you comparing this guy to Hendrix because even if the later fucked up as much as you say (which he didn't), he still wrote some of the best music of all time, while Jack White... Well, he didn't.

And I'm being honest here, I'm not judging him because I don't like the music - I even liked Seven Nation Army and Fell In Love With a Girl. I just don't think the guy is a good musician at all.

I only compared him with Hendrix because you said that Jack played bad live and the same thing could be said about Jimi, not that I say he was bad live but his solos where often sloppy but hade great feeling and energy but if the same kind of playing ability would come from sombody who plays progmetal or really technical music it would just hurt your ears.

I'm not a big Jack fan, I just started listening to his new solo album after I saw him on the Colbert Report and liked what I heard. I never really been that intrested in the white stripes but his new stuff I really like. I only defend him because you said he was the worst guitar player you have ever heard and said you wasn't lying. He does what he does well, he's no Guthrie Govan but he doesn't need to be.

I wish we had Twitter back in the days, even in early 2000. Can you imagine all the pictures and video we would have?

Definately,I remember relying on MTV and Magazines for info,some articles were far from truth,but so is the internet.

The riff from the intro reminds me of Chinese Democracy (the song)....

Me too--I've been thinking it all the past week every time I hear the song (great song). Totally influenced by the opening riff of Chinese Democracy!

love to see him soooo happyyyy and having fun!!! xoxo :wub: and he looks sooooo sweet with her!!! :kiss:

56720613.jpg

he looks like an old lady for christs sake :crazy:

stupid_people.jpg

Who is that chick?

Shay Lynn,an exotic dancer, Can't post her site here w/o breaking the wholesome family atmosphere of the forum. ;)

67548654.jpg

I can't believe no one has pointed out the old groupies from back in the Hollywood Rose days! A couple weeks back he was with some young chick now he's hanging out with the older chicks! Axl sure has his game in check! I only kid! I am glad he is out and about again!

Someone on Tumblr posted about how he/she saw Axl in the parking lot after the show and took this picture of him signing autographs. Axl seemed happy and in a good mood and chatted with the people he was signing things for

2ls86ds.jpg

God I wish he'd grow his hair back out. That cut is way too short.

cool to see axl and his tattoos !

C.C. Sheffield

Axl rose is the white tiger of Hollywood I've lived here forever and never seen him out and dude came up and chats me up #lavidaloca

204557ebe0209a93e311e1a39b1231381b7ba17.jpg

Didn't like the pic of him with the dancer but in this pic he looks like the old Axl - well like the younger Axl from time long gone by. Or should that be the old Axl when he was younger :question::shrugs:

Great to see him minus hat & glasses, lets hope we see more of this look for the next tour :thumbsup:

The riff from the intro reminds me of Chinese Democracy (the song)....

Me too--I've been thinking it all the past week every time I hear the song (great song). Totally influenced by the opening riff of Chinese Democracy!

are you high or just stupid?