Dublin concert

jackrory

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeAsAChild

What happened last time was that the tech's cleared the stage from 9.30 - 10.15. GNR came on round 10.22 if I remember right.

I bet you Axl shows up extra late tonight just to fuck with the promoters.

I hope not. The dublin fans deserve more than that.

Axl showed up in Dublin around 10:30 pm last time. That's early by Axl's standards.

Really? When I saw them they came on stage at midnight and played to 3 am.

I hope they show up on stage early and play a kick-ass set for the fans. A new song would be a bonus. :thumbsup:

Axl showed up in Dublin around 10:30 pm last time. That's early by Axl's standards.

It isn't the time he comes on that pisses people of. It's the time in-between acts that gets frustrating. Any changeover that's more that an hour will get to people.

Regarding car fines and curfews - 'Axl is superintelligent, yet at the same he lives in a place where the logic that governs other people does not apply. He doesn't ever realize what an inconvenience his choices might be for others. He means no harm; it's just the way he is. It's very hard to try to even explain it. He is as sincere as someone can possibly be, but it comes down to the fact that Axl, regardless of the world around him, insists on existing according to rules that hold true only in the universe that he has created around himself'

No offence but if you don't want to wait then don't fucking go.

I have never understood the outrage, I go, I mill about and meet some cool people then I enjoy the show.

If I want to piss my ticket down the drain I might as well do it at home instead of going and being a little bitch. "He's late , I'm outraged".

It's Axl fucking Rose, one of rocks legends, I'm happy to wait for that and a killer show.

Just my thoughts

More than that? They're getting a great show regardless. Hell. They're probably all drunk by now anyways. If you go to a GNR show and you're focusing on the time, you're dumb.

Regarding car fines and curfews - 'Axl is superintelligent, yet at the same he lives in a place where the logic that governs other people does not apply. He doesn't ever realize what an inconvenience his choices might be for others. He means no harm; it's just the way he is. It's very hard to try to even explain it. He is as sincere as someone can possibly be, but it comes down to the fact that Axl, regardless of the world around him, insists on existing according to rules that hold true only in the universe that he has created around himself'

That's so true.

It isn't the time he comes on that pisses people of. It's the time in-between acts that gets frustrating. Any changeover that's more that an hour will get to people.

Especially in the cold hard rain, at midnight... after 4 crappy concerts. <_<:rofl-lol:

More than that? They're getting a great show regardless. Hell. They're probably all drunk by now anyways. If you go to a GNR show and you're focusing on the time, you're dumb.

Wow... someone's angry today, eh? What I'm saying is after the disaster from last time, Axl shouldn't be extra late for this gig, knowing it could happen again. A lot of people must've gone home disappointed last time and he should make up for that, especially for the fans that had nothing to do with last time's incident.

Guest RonMexico82

Uh oh...

Update from boards.ie

"Not a great atmosphere here, a few things been lobbed about. People seem very apprehensive. Stage is all set up and ready to go."

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but a production group tweeted this a few hours ago.

contact mcd ‏@mcd_productions

Axl Rose rocks !! Tonight's encore will be historic , not to be missed

Guns n Rose sound check in the 02 is WOW !!? Rock n roll gig of the year coming up

Uh oh...

Update from boards.ie

"Not a great atmosphere here, a few things been lobbed about. People seem very apprehensive. Stage is all set up and ready to go."

What? Not a great atmosphere? People have just had a great time with Thin Lizzy and are about to see GnR! Dublin fans are short-tempered, eh?

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

on dublin 2006 he started exactly on time. exactly

A member of the police i was chatting to told me that the sergent (or whatever the highest ranking guy was) told the band to go on stage on time or not at all, for fear of him breaking curfew

No offence but if you don't want to wait then don't fucking go.

I have never understood the outrage, I go, I mill about and meet some cool people then I enjoy the show.

If I want to piss my ticket down the drain I might as well do it at home instead of going and being a little bitch. "He's late , I'm outraged".

It's Axl fucking Rose, one of rocks legends, I'm happy to wait for that and a killer show.

Just my thoughts

This!