I MET AXL and AGAIN!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be silly, SLAA, you've nothing to apologise for at all. Anyone that are complaining about that you're excited to meet Axl could just leave the thread instead. I thought it was an amazing thread.

Totally agree with this.

SLAA, like you said if you can't come on a GN'R forum to post about how happy you are to have met Axl then where the fuck are you supposed to do it? And it was cool of you to share the details of what happened along with pix and video. Some people on here just really need to get over themselves already. Don't let them ruin the experience for you :)

This ans this :thumbsup:

Most of the older members know who you are and how nice and real person you are. Don't let anybody ruin the fun for you! This thread made me smile, seeing you so happy and hearing your excitement ( :rofl-lol: ) was really awesome. It made me happy!

Never apologize again!

Edited by MBRose

awww brilliant pictures i was there that night i would have loved to meet axl although i would have acted like a loon i wouldnt be able to keep my hands off him, well done for meeting him and i hope u have slept and eaten now,

SLAA

I so glad you, thanks for sharing, i love when i see this glorious moments.

It good to know he doesn't is more unattainable as in the past!

i will keep the faith one day i will see closer, even i have wait many year, even i see AXL with 80 years old he always be my teenage dream

Delighted for you guys.I'm a 40 year old guy and I would be excited as hell if I met the good man himself. I think I saw you guys after the show in Dublin, when I (tall guy with bald head and grey hoody) was waiting outside the O2 with a few others for the band to come out.It was just as you came out the exit gates and if I remember rightly I spoke briefly with Conor.

Yeah I remember :) We were there for the band's bus driving out but couldn't work out if Axl was there. To be honest, had we waited there I don't think we would've gotten lucky 'cause they were just driving past us. Who knows though, 'cause if he was in as good form as he was during the show and in Glasgow, he might've stopped to come meet us there. We'll never know :(

Security guy assured us that Axl was still inside after that bus left. I'd imagine they were traveling on the 2 tour buses that were still inside. I left at 4am (was wrecked after coming back from holiday that turned into a weeks party the day before), buses were still inside. I think the way it's set up at the o2 they would have boarded the buses before the gates were opened and drove straight out, so not a great place to meet them. Looks like you guys had a blast meeting Axl and I hope you are not too wrecked and enjoy whatever shows you have left to attend :) . Wish I was going to more, ah well just delighted they came back to Ireland and it all went smoothly!

Ok this is my best recollection of how things went down. I have no concept of time but I believe we met Axl at around 3.30ish?

Backstage we met Ron and Richard. The people who went out in the corrider got to meet Dizzy and Frank. So yeah we met the lovely Ron and Richard though. At one point staff came through with some takeaway bags from Wagamama (Chinese restaurant chain). They had 'Axl Rose' written on them. That was pretty surreal for me :lol:

After the show we went out back. Spotted some security gaurds. I was like 'hey psstt' and he bent over so I could whisper in his ear. 'Is Axl coming out? You can tell me!!!'. He was smirking at me and telling me to leave that Axl won't come out. I was like 'look, I'm pretty obsessed I'll wait anyway so you might aswell tell me'. He just laughed.

Conor kept on about some Cathouse (presume it was a nightclub or something) but no one wanted to go with him :lol: I was going to go back to the hotel until I spotted people hanging around. They said they were waiting for Axl so I went under the barrier and waited with them. Conor persisted on dragging us to the cathouse but we kept ignoring him!! He was calling me a nerd for wanting to wait for Axl :fuckyou:

Most people there were from the forum actually. I spent most of the night talking to three people from cd.com - just hit it off right away. They were lovely! Passed away the time chatting with those guys. We even made plans to meet up again in London and next time GN'R tour we might do a show together.

Anyway, we kept questioning anyone who came out of the building. First person I saw leave was Tommy Stinson. We shouted at him and he waved. He was with some guy. Security gaurd maybe?

Then DJ came out and we called him over. He signed stuff for us but they were rushing him off cos the bus had to leave :violin: I got him to sign my program!

Then Beta came out. The guy next to me called her over. She was absoutely lovely. The first thing that was said to her was that she was famous because of the time Axl brought her out on stage at Rock in Rio and she smiled and seemed happy to talk to us. She was asking where we were from and she couldn't believe we had travelled from different countries to see the band. We told her all the shows we were going to/had been to and she seemed really impressed and said 'wow'. I was too scared but luckily the guy next to me asked out right if Axl would come out and speak to us. She pulled a face and went 'yeah, sure I don't see why not'. At that point I started to get really excited. You always hear how good Beta is at keeping those sort of promises! She was talking about Axl's leg with us and then someone asked if the song Better was about her. She laughed and said no. Rest is a blur but I said 'now we all know Beta!' at one point and we all laughed including Beta. I can't remember what was said but it fit at the time.

I asked her if she heard what Axl said about her on stage. And she looked confused and said 'Noooo, what?'. So I told her what Axl said about that she had kicked him and caused all his injuries and she went 'What!? That f'ing a-hole!!" - everyone started laughing. I was pretty shocked. Even though I knew she was joking, I didn't expect her to curse! She is so polite. Then I said 'Wow I really hope Axl comes out now. I want to watch you guys fight over this'. We all laughed and that's all I remember of that conversation. She walked over to the tour bus.

I was really pumped. I had a feeling we'd at the very least SEE Axl going to his car or something. I think everyone felt the same. The atmosphre was awesome. Everyone was excited.

Later and I still don't understand how this happened but we saw Beta going back into the building from the other side. I kept saying to people around me that next time she leaves it will be with Axl!

I have no idea how much time went by security and staff were back and forth leaving and finishing up. They were bringing out pizza boxes and stuff and I was asking if they were Axl's and if they were could I keep them :confused: They just laughed.

Then the security guy who I asked earlier in the night (the one I whispered to) came over and said something like 'Ok, look Axl is going to come out. Please stay behind the barrier'. He said that looking at me which was amusing. He didn't trust me at all!!

I lost the plot. I ran around in circles. i kept jumping up and down cos I was about to explode. I was so nervous and excited. So many things were running through my mind. A few minutes later Axl emerged with Beta, Vanessa, Fernando and some other security people. The rest of that part is captured on video :lol:

After I got my t-shirt signed I was like 'ok, I HAVE to get a picture with him'. I finally got a chance to make eye contact and ask for one:

I was all excited ' AXL CAN I HAVE A PICTURE PLEASE!?'

He looked right at me for a second and imitaded my excited tone and looked kinda crazed - just like me and said all jokingly 'NO!!'. Then he did this HUGE smile and said 'sure' in response to my question about the pic. Everyone was laughing! That for me personally was the most amazing part. Having that 'moment' with him.

If I remember correctly the camera missed that particular moment on the Axl_Morris video but you see the part where he comes in to me for the picture. He put his arm right around me so I grabbed back!! It seemed like forever. Hugging with Axl Rose :wub: I love his expression in all of my pictures because he had just been joking so he looks happy/content. He can often look kind of cross in photos.

FYI girls and boys who'll admit to it: He was gorgeous!!!! He still has IT!

I honestly believe Beta told him about us and that's why he came over to talk to us. The fact the security gaurd came over and spoke to us minutes before Axl came out more or less proves that point for me. They had obviously been planning this inside.

I understand some people think I'm a saddo for saying this but it honestly was one the most incredible experiences of my life. To meet my hero and have him such a great mood. As you can see he's looking really happy and healthy at the moment too.

All the people I shared that with were really nice people and that made it even better. Thanks to everyone for being so nice to me and I'd love to meet you all again! Thanks Amir for keeping your promise and posting the pictures for me! Do you remember what Axl is laughing at in that second picture? He looks so good in that one. I'm sure you'll all agree.

A huge thank you to everyone who replied both on here and in PM with the cool messages about this. As you can tell I LOVE talking about this

I hope the rest of you will write up a review of all this from your point of view! I've probably forgotten stuff that will come back to me so I'll prob end up editing this post quite a few times!

Thanks for putting up with my over-excited babbling the last few days. I had to skip the Birmingham show last night. I was in a bit of a state!!! I got some sleep earlier and finally managed to eat something. I'll be back in action for Manchester!!!

Delighted for you guys.I'm a 40 year old guy and I would be excited as hell if I met the good man himself. I think I saw you guys after the show in Dublin, when I (tall guy with bald head and grey hoody) was waiting outside the O2 with a few others for the band to come out.It was just as you came out the exit gates and if I remember rightly I spoke briefly with Conor.

Thanks!

Ah! I don't think I spoke to you but i know the part you're talking about. You were waiting at the gates? Yeah the design of the arena is bad. They enter the cars INSIDE the grounds. You'll need to catch him in a place where they have to walk to the cars.

Next time come and say Hi!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I look dreadful in these pics but who cares??? I MET AXL!! LOOK HOW GORGEOUS HE LOOKS.

4rc5f5.png

17ww1x.png

2v827tc.png

2h3o6zq.png

Conor's f'ing drunken hand in the way. He was a right mess. He even puked.

More pics and VIDEO to come!! It's just I have terrible connection. I'll upload everything later. I have other people's pics and i promise i'll upload those too.

Awesome SLAA! I'm glad for you and yeah he looks awesome :)

So I log into facebook and see this:

Gillian created the group. "I hate conor's hand"

"Please join if you fantasise about amputing Conor's hand after viewing this picture"

--

LMAO I really did LOL :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

So I log into facebook and see this:

Gillian created the group. "I hate conor's hand"

"Please join if you fantasise about amputing Conor's hand after viewing this picture"

--

LMAO I really did LOL :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: It's so frustrating! I'm going to take it to the best photoshop expert and have them fix it for me!

Anyone waiting back at manchester who was there at glasgow?

I hate to break it to ya but I will be. We'll be experts now at the photos and videos though. We'll get better stuff!

I hate to break it to ya but I will be. We'll be experts now at the photos and videos though. We'll get better stuff!

see ya there, although I'm not going with any expectations but we'll see :)

see ya there, although I'm not going with any expectations but we'll see :)

I've heard good things about Manchester. Success stories from 2010 ;) See you there!

Ok this is my best recollection of how things went down. I have no concept of time but I believe we met Axl at around 3.30ish?

Backstage we met Ron and Richard. The people who went out in the corrider got to meet Dizzy and Frank. So yeah we met the lovely Ron and Richard though. At one point staff came through with some takeaway bags from Wagamama (Chinese restaurant chain). They had 'Axl Rose' written on them. That was pretty surreal for me :lol:

After the show we went out back. Spotted some security gaurds. I was like 'hey psstt' and he bent over so I could whisper in his ear. 'Is Axl coming out? You can tell me!!!'. He was smirking at me and telling me to leave that Axl won't come out. I was like 'look, I'm pretty obsessed I'll wait anyway so you might aswell tell me'. He just laughed.

Conor kept on about some Cathouse (presume it was a nightclub or something) but no one wanted to go with him :lol: I was going to go back to the hotel until I spotted people hanging around. They said they were waiting for Axl so I went under the barrier and waited with them. Conor persisted on dragging us to the cathouse but we kept ignoring him!! He was calling me a nerd for wanting to wait for Axl :fuckyou:

Most people there were from the forum actually. I spent most of the night talking to three people from cd.com - just hit it off right away. They were lovely! Passed away the time chatting with those guys. We even made plans to meet up again in London and next time GN'R tour we might do a show together.

Anyway, we kept questioning anyone who came out of the building. First person I saw leave was Tommy Stinson. We shouted at him and he waved. He was with some guy. Security gaurd maybe?

Then DJ came out and we called him over. He signed stuff for us but they were rushing him off cos the bus had to leave :violin: I got him to sign my program!

Then Beta came out. The guy next to me called her over. She was absoutely lovely. The first thing that was said to her was that she was famous because of the time Axl brought her out on stage at Rock in Rio and she smiled and seemed happy to talk to us. She was asking where we were from and she couldn't believe we had travelled from different countries to see the band. We told her all the shows we were going to/had been to and she seemed really impressed and said 'wow'. I was too scared but luckily the guy next to me asked out right if Axl would come out and speak to us. She pulled a face and went 'yeah, sure I don't see why not'. At that point I started to get really excited. You always hear how good Beta is at keeping those sort of promises! She was talking about Axl's leg with us and then someone asked if the song Better was about her. She laughed and said no. Rest is a blur but I said 'now we all know Beta!' at one point and we all laughed including Beta. I can't remember what was said but it fit at the time.

I asked her if she heard what Axl said about her on stage. And she looked confused and said 'Noooo, what?'. So I told her what Axl said about that she had kicked him and caused all his injuries and she went 'What!? That f'ing a-hole!!" - everyone started laughing. I was pretty shocked. Even though I knew she was joking, I didn't expect her to curse! She is so polite. Then I said 'Wow I really hope Axl comes out now. I want to watch you guys fight over this'. We all laughed and that's all I remember of that conversation. She walked over to the tour bus.

I was really pumped. I had a feeling we'd at the very least SEE Axl going to his car or something. I think everyone felt the same. The atmosphre was awesome. Everyone was excited.

Later and I still don't understand how this happened but we saw Beta going back into the building from the other side. I kept saying to people around me that next time she leaves it will be with Axl!

I have no idea how much time went by security and staff were back and forth leaving and finishing up. They were bringing out pizza boxes and stuff and I was asking if they were Axl's and if they were could I keep them :confused: They just laughed.

Then the security guy who I asked earlier in the night (the one I whispered to) came over and said something like 'Ok, look Axl is going to come out. Please stay behind the barrier'. He said that looking at me which was amusing. He didn't trust me at all!!

I lost the plot. I ran around in circles. i kept jumping up and down cos I was about to explode. I was so nervous and excited. So many things were running through my mind. A few minutes later Axl emerged with Beta, Vanessa, Fernando and some other security people. The rest of that part is captured on video :lol:

After I got my t-shirt signed I was like 'ok, I HAVE to get a picture with him'. I finally got a chance to make eye contact and ask for one:

I was all excited ' AXL CAN I HAVE A PICTURE PLEASE!?'

He looked right at me for a second and imitaded my excited tone and looked kinda crazed - just like me and said all jokingly 'NO!!'. Then he did this HUGE smile and said 'sure' in response to my question about the pic. Everyone was laughing! That for me personally was the most amazing part. Having that 'moment' with him.

If I remember correctly the camera missed that particular moment on the Axl_Morris video but you see the part where he comes in to me for the picture. He put his arm right around me so I grabbed back!! It seemed like forever. Hugging with Axl Rose :wub: I love his expression in all of my pictures because he had just been joking so he looks happy/content. He can often look kind of cross in photos.

FYI girls and boys who'll admit to it: He was gorgeous!!!! He still has IT!

I honestly believe Beta told him about us and that's why he came over to talk to us. The fact the security gaurd came over and spoke to us minutes before Axl came out more or less proves that point for me. They had obviously been planning this inside.

I understand some people think I'm a saddo for saying this but it honestly was one the most incredible experiences of my life. To meet my hero and have him such a great mood. As you can see he's looking really happy and healthy at the moment too.

All the people I shared that with were really nice people and that made it even better. Thanks to everyone for being so nice to me and I'd love to meet you all again! Thanks Amir for keeping your promise and posting the pictures for me! Do you remember what Axl is laughing at in that second picture? He looks so good in that one. I'm sure you'll all agree.

A huge thank you to everyone who replied both on here and in PM with the cool messages about this. As you can tell I LOVE talking about this

I hope the rest of you will write up a review of all this from your point of view! I've probably forgotten stuff that will come back to me so I'll prob end up editing this post quite a few times!

Thanks for putting up with my over-excited babbling the last few days. I had to skip the Birmingham show last night. I was in a bit of a state!!! I got some sleep earlier and finally managed to eat something. I'll be back in action for Manchester!!!

Thanks!

Ah! I don't think I spoke to you but i know the part you're talking about. You were waiting at the gates? Yeah the design of the arena is bad. They enter the cars INSIDE the grounds. You'll need to catch him in a place where they have to walk to the cars.

Next time come and say Hi!

Yes of course I'll say hi next time!

Your right the o2 setup is not great for a chance of meeting them. Great to read your story of the other night, sounds like a very nice meeting indeed. I agree Axl seems to be content at the minute, he's had some back luck with injuries and is just getting on with it. Seems to be in a good place right now both professionally and personally. Hopefully it continues into the studio, cause it could result in great things!

Hope you have a blast in Manchester!

Edited by no1gooner

Great story, really cool to hear the band is more accessible and warm than people think. I met Frank after the show in Newcastle and he was such a nice guy, there were quite a few people there but he took the time to give out bear hugs, handshakes, sign everything and take pictures with everyone, seemed very gracious.

The show and experience was so good that it confirmed to me I HAD to buy a ticket for Manchester, an idea I'd already been toying with. Expect to see me both upfront and round back after the show, if anyone fancies a pint inside or a crack afterwards I'll probably have a blue and black striped top on and a leather jacket if it's as nippy as it was in Newcastle come 3am... :xmasssanta:

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, I can understand if you went to Birmingham you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much without resting inbetween. Were you able to give your tickets to anyone else?

So Birmingham is next? Ron was in London taking photos, maybe this was during a break or something.

Sounds like Beta is as lovely as everyone says she is, she shouldn't be surprised by now how far people are travelling to the concerts. Maybe this is what she discussed when she went back inside that you had all travelled so far & going to so many concerts it was only fair that Axl come out to greet you all. What was Fernando like-he & Vanessa look so young? I wonder what their brother does as he doesn't seem to be involved with the group at all.

Thanks guys!

Manchester is next rock4eva! Can't wait!!

I finally got a chance to watch to watch Axl morris's video a million times.

or

http://minus.com/mgk0WiCoh/

Look at 3.48/49 - that's when he said 'no' to me!!! That part on from about 4.15 is when he was talking and joking with me and posed for my pic. Best 25 seconds of my life :lol:

LOL just remembered something. After he said 'No' to me he pretended to walk away and I was like 'HEY' and he was laughing at my reaction. Shiiiitttt :wub:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel