Teachers have students slap the 6-year-old school bully

Apollo

In my 25 years of experience coaching and working with kids, and just life in general, I'd estimate that 90% of parents of kids that are bullies, punks, jerks are clueless and think that their kids are angels and it's always other kids fault or just adults picking on their kid.

Having a teacher organize their 20-plus students to smack a bully clearly isn't the "right" way to handle this kid's issues. But the mother is clearly in denial. I read a couple different versions of this story that mentioned some of things her six year old had done, and he is a bully.

So what is the best way to handle a kid bully when the parents refuse to "believe" or take responsibility?

SAN ANTONIO — Two Texas teachers have been placed on leave after school officials say one of them ordered more than 20 students to line up and hit a boy accused of being a bully, a district spokesman confirmed Friday.

Apparently, the more seasoned of the two Judson Independent School District teachers was trying to teach the 6-year-old a lesson, according to a report from police in the South Texas school district.

The teacher is accused of orchestrating the slugfest after a younger colleague at the elementary school went to her last month seeking suggestions on how to discipline Aiden Neely, a kindergartner she described as being a classroom bully.

The way she chose to teach Aiden “why bullying is bad,” according to the police report, was by instructing his peers to “Hit him!.”

Prosecutors in San Antonio are reviewing the allegations and will determine whether formal charges will be filed in 30 to 60 days, said Adriana Biggs, chief of the white-collar crime division for the Bexar County District Attorney’s office.

Amy Neely, Aiden’s mother, filed an official oppression complaint against the teachers with the district police department earlier this week, district spokesman Steve Linscomb told The Associated Press on Friday.

The mother told other media outlets that, “I don’t want this teacher to be teaching anymore,” singling out the educator accused of ordering the students to hit her son.

“She doesn’t need to be around any children,” she said.

Neely said her son is not a problem child and that this was the first she’d heard of teachers having any issues with him.

“He’s not a bully,” she said.

She said she learned about what happened to her son after a teacher who witnessed the incident and intervened went on to report it two weeks later.

The district placed both teachers on paid administrative leave and launched an investigation on May 18.

This was like, my dream of how teachers would handle the bullies at my school when I was little. I used to actually daydream about there being a big line of kids, each, calmly and orderly, getting their turn to slap him or kick him in the nuts or something. I would have loved this as a kid. That said, it's so wrong and messed up. There are tons of more effective methods than this, if the teachers had just used the resources that are (or at least should be) available to them.

I'm sure there had to be better ways to teach that little brat a lesson.

Like killing him. Bullying ruins lives.

It does ruin lives, I agree.

But if he's dead, then he didn't really learn a lesson. Bullies aren't usually the brightest kids either. There's got to be another way other than death to get them to stop.

The mom in this story must be in some deep denial. While I understand she's upset that her son was allowed to be physically abused by the other children, I can't imagine she could be so clueless as to why it happened in the first place.

Guest Len B'stard

I've said it once, i'll say it again, every single problem among a group of people can be solved with one of them getting a good hiding :lol:

Guest Broskirose

bullying in kindergarten doesn't ruin lives.

middleschool, highschool? yeah, it could. but kindergarten?

what the hell could the kid have possibly done anyways? just call his parents....don't fucking order the class to beat him up. the fuck is wrong with people?

bullying in kindergarten doesn't ruin lives.

middleschool, highschool? yeah, it could. but kindergarten?

what the hell could the kid have possibly done anyways? just call his parents....don't fucking order the class to beat him up. the fuck is wrong with people?

exactly

bullying a bully doesn't stop bullying

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah but that has holes see cuz what if they all start accusing each other? I reckon two solutions, either give them all a beating every morning about half 8 just before class OR...a battle royale and just let the winner rule the class and if you wannabe the ruler that day you have to fight the current one and win.

I'm a firm believer in structure.

Yeah but that has holes see cuz what if they all start accusing each other? I reckon two solutions, either give them all a beating every morning about half 8 just before class OR...a battle royale and just let the winner rule the class and if you wannabe the ruler that day you have to fight the current one and win.

I'm a firm believer in structure.

We do things differently here in the west. You aren't in Tora Bora any more, Dorothy.

I'm so sick of this anti-bullying kick everyone is on. I got picked on when I was a kid, you just tell them to fuck off and stay away from them...bunch of crybaby soccer moms looking for a cause are really starting to piss me off.

In my 25 years of experience coaching and working with kids, and just life in general, I'd estimate that 90% of parents of kids that are bullies, punks, jerks are clueless and think that their kids are angels and it's always other kids fault or just adults picking on their kid.

Having a teacher organize their 20-plus students to smack a bully clearly isn't the "right" way to handle this kid's issues. But the mother is clearly in denial. I read a couple different versions of this story that mentioned some of things her six year old had done, and he is a bully.

So what is the best way to handle a kid bully when the parents refuse to "believe" or take responsibility?

SAN ANTONIO — Two Texas teachers have been placed on leave after school officials say one of them ordered more than 20 students to line up and hit a boy accused of being a bully, a district spokesman confirmed Friday.

Apparently, the more seasoned of the two Judson Independent School District teachers was trying to teach the 6-year-old a lesson, according to a report from police in the South Texas school district.

The teacher is accused of orchestrating the slugfest after a younger colleague at the elementary school went to her last month seeking suggestions on how to discipline Aiden Neely, a kindergartner she described as being a classroom bully.

The way she chose to teach Aiden “why bullying is bad,” according to the police report, was by instructing his peers to “Hit him!.”

Prosecutors in San Antonio are reviewing the allegations and will determine whether formal charges will be filed in 30 to 60 days, said Adriana Biggs, chief of the white-collar crime division for the Bexar County District Attorney’s office.

Amy Neely, Aiden’s mother, filed an official oppression complaint against the teachers with the district police department earlier this week, district spokesman Steve Linscomb told The Associated Press on Friday.

The mother told other media outlets that, “I don’t want this teacher to be teaching anymore,” singling out the educator accused of ordering the students to hit her son.

“She doesn’t need to be around any children,” she said.

Neely said her son is not a problem child and that this was the first she’d heard of teachers having any issues with him.

“He’s not a bully,” she said.

She said she learned about what happened to her son after a teacher who witnessed the incident and intervened went on to report it two weeks later.

The district placed both teachers on paid administrative leave and launched an investigation on May 18.

This teacher thinks that's going to teach kids how to deal with bullies? At 6? Ridiculous.

They should be installing surveillance equipment in all public schools, take away their privacy, so the school can just call the parents in, play the video so they can see and hear the kids for themselves, and let the parents deal with it. Three strikes and juvie court.

Let's bully the bully! It always worked when I was a kid. :thumbsup:

Someone is pissing you off? Kick his ass! There's no better solution.

Talking with their parents? Pff... terrible, it will never work. My mom always told me to return fire and that's what me and my brother did back at school. In the end the bullies calmed down and everything ended up pretty well :thumbsup: