Dizzy at HOF

curmudgeonrose

I assume Grenn Day was taking a jab at Dizzy Reed. He kind of deserved it. Everyone knew it would take a back bone for him to accept the award in person without Axl there. I mean, he seemed to be into until Axl declined. The ONLY good thing about Axl not showing up to the HOF was of course Dizzy Reed couldn't go. Dizzy should not have been nominated in the first place. His sound was what allowed grunge bands to mock GNR in the 90's. Jeez, I can't believe Dizzy Reed is still working for Axl. He must be totally whipped.

I assume Grenn Day was taking a jab at Dizzy Reed. He kind of deserved it. Everyone knew it would take a back bone for him to accept the award in person without Axl there. I mean, he seemed to be into until Axl declined. The ONLY good thing about Axl not showing up to the HOF was of course Dizzy Reed couldn't go. Dizzy should not have been nominated in the first place. His sound was what allowed grunge bands to mock GNR in the 90's. Jeez, I can't believe Dizzy Reed is still working for Axl. He must be totally whipped.

Please explain how the sound of Dizzy Reed is what allowed Grunge bands to mock GN'R in the '90s.

If I'm not mistaken, Grunge bands mocked GN'R for their sexist and misogynistic lyrics, which were out of place in the PC '90s, Axl's antics, and the NR and Estranged videos. None of which has to do with Dizzy.

He was nominated, his name will forever be in the Hall of Fame as a member of Guns N' Roses. He was in the band along with Slash and Duff. The Use Your Illusion albums came out. You cannot change it.

I always interpreted Billie's comments on Dizzy as a joke because Dizzy was just kind of there playing keyboards - not much else you can say except for "good job". I'll admit I had a chuckle when I heard it

Edited by WhazUp

That one made me cringe. It was nothing but a slight at Dizzy. I mean, yeah, it was the cool thing to blast him and Axl for not showing up, but then they praise Sorum like he was some drum god or something. Please.

That one made me cringe. It was nothing but a slight at Dizzy. I mean, yeah, it was the cool thing to blast him and Axl for not showing up, but then they praise Sorum like he was some drum god or something. Please.

sorum did EPIC drumming on the illusion records. on the song november rain. on you could be mine. on many classic guns n roses hits. classic guns n roses hits axl still plays live at guns n roses concerts today. and matt's drum solo spot at guns n roses concerts is still memorable. like it was yesterday. sorum ROCKS

What has he contributed to Gn'R anyway? I mean has he composed anything, even his solo spots are songs from othe people Ö_ö Silkworms? :D

He has credits on CD.

The HOF had NOTHING to do with CD. Also most generic music fans don't really regard CD as "GNR". In the real world outside those forums GNR is Sweet Child, Paradise City, Welcome to the jungle, Don't Cry etc. So there is your answer.

The HOF has no bearing on what the mainstream like... Journey, REO Speedwagon, Styx, Boston, Meat Loaf, and Ted Nugent have never been in the running.

Please don't compare those bands with nuGUNS.

sorum did EPIC drumming on the illusion records. on the song november rain. on you could be mine. on many classic guns n roses hits. classic guns n roses hits axl still plays live at guns n roses concerts today. and matt's drum solo spot at guns n roses concerts is still memorable. like it was yesterday. sorum ROCKS

Funny, I seem to remember Matt giving an interview on the making of November rain, talking about how simple and repetetive his 'EPIC' November rain drum work was, using the exact same Tom fill over and over and over on the whole song. I guess you are more the expert musical analyst than the man who played that though...

Edited by kbirdie76

Funny, I seem to remember Matt giving an interview on the making of November rain, talking about how simple and repetetive his 'EPIC' November rain drum work was, using the exact same Tom fill over and over and over on the whole song. I guess you are more the expert musical analyst than the man who played that though...

That's ridiculous to argue that just because something is simple and repetitive that it's devoid of value. Look at most guitar riffs, very simple once produced but not so easy to imagine. A good example is Jack White's guitar riff in Seven Nation Army. Repeats through the entire song and is really very simple, but it's one of the most iconic rock riffs to be created in the past 25 years.

Sorum's drum work on NR may not be that complicated, but it fits the song perfectly. Plain and simple, it worked because it became a signature feature within the song. That is why Sorum deserves credit for the drumming on November Rain.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy