Money is no object

DirtyDeeds

1 hour ago, Len B'stard said:

Aren't there enough Chinese restaurants in Texas?

I've never been, but I can safely say no to that one, they need more! You can never have too many Chinese food in the west; go to China, it's a different story, suspect looking food left right and centre'd have you hunting for a McDonald's; you'd see. :):lol: 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2015 at 1:43 AM, Apollo said:

I would set up a show/concert/cd/book that would raise over a billion dollars for charities.

I would donate ten million dollars and then contact every major celebrity, athlete, business men and just random rich people and get them to match my amount. Or as much as they could.

I would get a few major players involved. Kayne. Tom Brady. Eddie Murphy. Adele. Once guy got a few big names then it would snowball.

We would put on a televised show - ala the old jerry Lee Lewis telethon. But with mainstream popular acts, the most popular acts in the world.

The 15 most popular would donate one song for us to release on an album with a book / more on that later.

GnR. U2. Stones. Adele. Taylor Swift. Metallica. Coldplay. Whoever the most popular comedians and magicians are.

The rich people's donation would hopefully hit our goal of a billion dollars. Taylor Swift a couple hundred million dollars last year - she can afford to donate ten mill. Zuckerman. Gates. Ten mill is chump change.

The telethon would raise a couple hundred million from people's donations.

I would then take that 1.2 billion dollars and divide it into chunks for all 50 states. The bigger states would get more than smaller ones.

I would have a list of maybe 10 categories where the money would be distrusted. College scholarships. People who couldn't afford medical procedures. Putting up playgrounds. A program that donates jackets/boots/backpacks to elementary schools. Make A Wish Foundation. Donations to hospitals. Food shelters. Etc.

So if Texas received 50 million, it would be broken up to 5 million per category.

Why would celebs do it? Most are narcissistic. The third part is what draws them in.

An album of the 15 donated songs. Attached to a book that features little stories on who donated the most money - as well as stories on cool things the money was spent on.

So page three might feature a story about how Kim and Kayne donated 15 million dollars. Would have their picture and a story about them.

Page four would show how the money was used in their state for 100 college scholarships, sent twenty kids with cancer to Disneyland, bought 10,000 jackets for school kids, etc. Plus a big story on the heart transplant for the 8 year old girl that the donations paid for.

The book would feature the top donators. Plus highlight the things the money bought in each state. PLUS have a CD featuring brand new songs from major musicians.

The money raised from that album and book would then be donated to a specific cause. We've had the pink ribbon and the ice bucket challenge. So we would pick a different cause or maybe for disaster relief. Something really needed.

TL/DR - I would use my money to help raise more money to help those less fortunate than the rest of us.

Yesterday we posted on Facebook that we had toys for kids that we wanted to donate to families that were having a tough time this year.

In less than an hour we hooked up with five families. Half the stuff we gave them were clothes and toys my kids had outgrown. Then we spent maybe $500 on food and household items, clothes and some new toys.

For a mere $500 bucks and donating things we already owned, we changes the lives of five families. And yes, almost all the moms cried when we dropped the items off.

Now imagine the change you would make in the world if you could do that times a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/25/2015 at 9:50 AM, spunko12345 said:

Nice plan but it wouldn't work because basically your just asking famous people for ten million dollars :lol: why would they decide to do that if they haven't already. Not just because you'd do it first because otherwise they'd all be following Bill Gates lead when he gives away loads.

Erm.. Gentlemen... I think you're missing the obvious here...

On 12/25/2015 at 1:43 AM, Apollo said:

I would set up a show/concert/cd/book that would raise over a billion dollars for charities.

I would donate ten million dollars and then contact every major celebrity, athlete, business men and just random rich people and get them to match my amount...

Why don't you just give them the money? If money wasn't an object and you 'had enough no matter what'; Why not just donate all that money yourself? Instead of having a product to raise the money or asking for donations? If money was no object, why go through all of that when you could just simply donate trillions?

Edited by Snake-Pit

16 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Erm.. Gentlemen... I think you're missing the obvious here...

Why don't you just give them the money? If money wasn't an object and you 'had enough' not matter what; Why not just donate all that money yourself? Instead of having a product to raise the money or asking for donations? If money was no object, why go through all of that when you could just simply donate trillions?

You're missing the obvious Snakes, hes saying the whole the way he'd raise the over a billion is by way of getting these celebs to chuck in 10 mil a piece.

I dont see the point really, what you'd make for charity they would end up riding the working classes for by dodging tax.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

You're missing the obvious Snakes, hes saying the whole the way he'd raise the over a billion is by way of getting these celebs to chuck in 10 mil a piece.

I dont see the point really, what you'd make for charity they would end up riding the working classes for by dodging tax.

Well once those working classes are screwed, at least charities'll be there for them.

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

I might fully-fund mygnrforum for all eternity, including salaried positions and party passes for mods.

Mwaaaah, that's shoo shweet, that you love this forum like that... It is a nifty community but I don't need to start paying anybody to be here for it.

Edited by Snake-Pit

23 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

The hosting costs and those t-shirts aren't free. Which is why Club Members are the deservedly privileged few. ?

Yeah, that is a noble cause' and good of you to want to pay for it so this forum remains for everyone..

Why not add on a non profit multinational high speed broadband company and give MyGNR/this community free wifi too? And set up some dongle wireless thing too, so they can have it on the move; if money were no object?..

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I might fully-fund mygnrforum for all eternity, including salaried positions and party passes for mods and Len. 

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

The hosting costs and those t-shirts aren't free. Which is why Club Members are the deservedly privileged few. (Specially Len ?)

It's getting more rich people involved. I hate how those concerts work now. The rich musician will donate thirty minutes of their time and play a couple of songs in hopes of getting more working class people to donate their $20. What's better? Sir Paul playing three songs.....or him donating a million bucks? 

Snakes, you wouldn't go for that because the rich people would get a tax break on their donation? Bruh, I enjoy reading a lot of your posts and looking at all the selfies you post, but with all due respect that statement is pretty asinine. 

If I just got rich people to donate a billion dollars to make the world a better place for those less  fortune than most.....you think that is a bad thing because you might have to play $3 more in taxes next year? Because Bill Gates donating hundreds of millions of dollars to charity every year somehow makes your tax bill go up?

How much did you pay in taxes last year? What amount of that do you think was caused by rich people's donation to charity? Seriously, 1% of Gates' tax bill this year is more than you will pay in your entire lifetime.