The "Absolute Nonsense" Thread

inthisriver

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and to add a point if said topics were so fucking strong in and of themselves, they would and should hold their own instead off getting derailed. Discussion flows like water. Things always have tangents. I'm sure you dont say to your mates "oh, we've finished talking about x, lets talk about y". No its Hi! Followed by a pile of shite and then its goodbye.

Edited by Johnny Drama

Oh and to add a point if said topics were so fucking strong in and of themselves, they would and should hold their own instead off getting detailed. Discussion flows like water. Things always have tangents. I'm sure you dont say to your mates "oh, we've finished talking about x, lets talk about y". No its Hi! Followed by a pile of shite and then its goodbye.

Aye! Fucking brand new right there by the way! ^^^^^ :thumbsup:

Have at it, boys, and stop highjacking every other thread in AG.

Thanks <3

Doing this will only make them go more off topic in AG. They're like children, you either have to ignore them or use reverse psychology.

Thanks <3

Doing this will only make them go more off topic in AG. They're like children, you either have to ignore them or use reverse psychology.

You say that on the assumption that any of the off topic chats are done with the intention of annoying you lot. It's got fuck all to do with anything of the sort, sometimes a convo just takes a different turn so don't flatter yourself! :lol:

Thanks <3

You say that on the assumption that any of the off topic chats are done with the intention of annoying you lot. It's got fuck all to do with anything of the sort, sometimes a convo just takes a different turn so don't flatter yourself! :lol:

Where the hell did you get that from? I didn't say that and I sure as hell didn't imply it.

"Convo takes a different turn"? We pretty much have all General Chit Chat threads on the front page. I mean, there's digressing from the topic and then there's what the RockeQueen thread turned into. Granted the source material for that thread wasn't great to start with.

Where the hell did you get that from? I didn't say that and I sure as hell didn't imply it.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick but saying "this will only MAKE people go more off topic" you're implying that people are going off topic in response to something others are doing. Also the bit about reverse psychology implies again that threads going off topic is deliberate. That's the way I read it anyway. :shrugs: Oh and the Rocket Queen thread was just Broski being daft so it's not like it was a serious discussion getting derailed.

Edited by Dazey

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick but saying "this will only MAKE people go more off topic" you're implying that people are going off topic in response to something others are doing. Also the bit about reverse psychology implies again that threads going off topic is deliberate. That's the way I read it anyway. :shrugs: Oh and the Rocket Queen thread was just Broski being daft so it's not like it was a serious discussion getting derailed.

Sometimes I get the feeling some members actually do it on purpose. Regardless of why they do it, they still derail good threads. Hell, I really liked the topic of discussion of the gender roles thread, probably the only thread topic by arnold I've ever liked, and in no time, it's instantly derailed quite obviously. It wasn't even a transition.

And the reverse psychology thing was tongue in cheek with the treating them like children.