Will the 'Vegas Residency' be a prelude to NuGNR taking the world by storm?

BBA

just curious ... does anyone else feel like NuGNR's fall 'Vegas Residency' shows are going to be a prelude to the "band" taking the world by storm once again? specifically, do you think NuGNR is using these shows as a platform to launch the new album that has been referred to recently as a "top priority" for the whole band? will we once again have epic, million-dollar budget music videos for new timeless classics? will the band be able to fill US stadiums as they did during the 91-93 Illusion tour? should we expect blu-ray releases and numerous television interviews where axl rose finally declares to the world that this band IS Guns N Roses?

... or is this just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this tour is part of a bigger thing...

yeah, definitely. i remember when dj and dizzy were saying that new music is the "band's" top priority. surely they are going to use this a platform of sorts to launch some pretty amazing things, right? otherwise, i'd have to believe that these shows are pathetic cash-grabs that wreak of desperatism.

YES, I think it will prelude a new album and a new world tour. I dunno about videos since BETTER is done a lot of of time ago. About blue-rays, totally not.

A DVD Live of this line up, absolutely not. It´d be cool though. For me, having a new album above 14 tracks it´ll be superb! dont ask more.

just curious ... does anyone else feel like NuGNR's fall 'Vegas Residency' shows are going to be a prelude to the "band" taking the world by storm once again? specifically, do you think NuGNR is using these shows as a platform to launch the new album that has been referred to recently as a "top priority" for the whole band? will we once again have epic, million-dollar budget music videos for new timeless classics? will the band be able to fill US stadiums as they did during the 91-93 Illusion tour? should we expect blu-ray releases and numerous television interviews where axl rose finally declares to the world that this band IS Guns N Roses?

... or is this just another opportunity for axl to milk the back catalogue for a quick buck?

:thumbsdown:

This is GnR folks... They will NEVER be what they once were... Even w/ a reunion... A reunion will generate more concert ticket sales and put them in the same category as say Metallica as a live act. But this band will never take the world by storm again. Its a Nostalgia act like it or not. But so is Metallica, doesnt mean they do not have "new" fans but bands this old are Nostalgia it happens to everyone, its not a bad thing. In the end I just hope Axl keeps preforming and releasing music, thats about all i can ask for or expect.

Why do you pretend to be a moron in your effort of trolling? Could you not at least pretend to be intelligent while trolling?

No. GnR taking the world by storm how exactly? They haven't got anything that'll even remotely interest the world.

Ticket sales worldwide beg to differ. I hate people who say things without basis.

Meh. By storm would include the new music making waves on radio and television and a buzz, some sort of impact on culture.

Valid question. Whether it is a cupcake attempt or not, it is a valid question.

Will it be 12 shows that are exactly the same as the prior 25 shows? Same set-list each night. Nothing new. Nothing different. Just another opportunity for fans to see GnR perform.

Or, will Axl use this as an opportunity to do something magical? Somebody pointed out that bands like Prince and Springsteen have done the multiple show city thing in the past and they played over 100 different songs. Will Axl do that?

I posted this before, but this could be an absolute home run for Axl and the band, and for the fans.

If the band has fun with this and ends up playing 100 different songs over the 12 show. Throw an in acoustic performance. Have some cool special guests. Debut a new song or two. Do a live recording for the concert DVD.

One scenario is a HOME RUN for the band, builds momentum, gets the fans excited, etc.

The other is just an extension of the multi-year, on-going tour. Which at this point, I think that the majority of us would prefer a new album rather than more and more tour dates.

can't we please place all vegas's threads into 1... I've like seen 15 vegas pages today on the frontpage of this forum... to bizarre.

why is that needed? can't we talk about vegas into 1 thread seriously this is stupid!

it wasn't even this bad when the first leaks dropped in 06.... or the album was near..