Guns n roses australia march 2013, confirmed!

bumblerose

An intimate experience would just be fuckin sad for the band at least in name that once had one of the biggest and most notorious concerts held in Victoria. Simply shows in arenas would have been the best. I think the venues were just picked because of curfews.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Adam, too much going on in the first Quarter of 2013 in Australia. Very poor timing for GnR to book a tour here. June would have been better. Combine that with the fact that GnR gave about 8 weeks notice for their tour while all the other bands anounced their tours like 6 months in advance.

Also, people are struggling with money with 100's of jobs being lost weekly across the country, especially in the biggest age demograpgic of Axl/GnR fans.

Anyway, fingers crossed they get decent crowds to all shows. If not they could have played smaller venues and given us real fans the 'intimate' experience the USA gets ?

if enough fans sit this tour out, then you just may earn one of those 'intimate' experiences next time.

Funny, because the Axl cult members will spin it to a positive.

GnR is showing how much they care about their fans by playing the small venue possible.

The worship is hilarious to watch.

If GnR sold out a 100,000 seat venue, then that shows they are still relevant and on top of their game...........but if they can't sell out smaller arenas and are forced to play 3,000 seat venues.....then they are just showing they care about their fans by playing intimate clubs.

The way they spin every event to make Axl look good is funny to watch.

Why the fuck does anything need to be in Newcastle? Who gives a fuck about them :lol:

Where are you from?

I'm from Melbourne. If you're from Newcastle I didn't mean to shit on you :lol: But like why the fuck can't bands just tour capital cities? so much easier and it looks better too compared to half filled venues in areas that aren't exactly smack bang in the middle of the main cities. I mean no one comes to Victoria and would tour Geelong or whatever. Just streamline it and get the crowds along if they care enough instead of embarrassing yourselves with half filled venues.

Kiss and Motley hasn't been a huge seller either.

They've practically sold out night #1 at Allphones arena, night 2 is selling pretty slow admittedly, but it is around a 18,000 seat arena. They sold out Brisbane entertainment centre and have now added extra restricted view seats. They added a second show in Melbourne. They have sold out all meet and greets in every city going for $1500 a pop.

Springsteen has sold out 2-3 shows in each city around the country.

You're right, people can't go to everything, but If people want to see a band like GNR, they will make it happen.

The tour is selling poorly, I think mainly from the terrible press guns have received the past few tours (late start times, people saying it was a sh*tty coverband, allegations of lip synching in Townsville or Mackay, wherever it was, resulting in mass walkout of fans).

At any rate I don't think it's right to try and make excuses and blame the time frame they are touring or saying that no one else is selling out but a festival at the moment. It's just simply not true.

This. 100% man a lot of folks know this isn't the real Guns and no one cares. For an alternative well balanced forum in Australia check this out for opinion.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2032097

Alternatively there's a perfect album thread on there and Guns are mentioned stacks of times by posters. Go figure.

All is forgiven. Haha

You've got a pretty good point there. We were once a very musically orientated town. The Screaming Jets, Silverchair. Both local talent and massive bands. Metallica sold out here back in 1998, Pink played something like 4 or 5 nights at the NEC to sold out crowds a few years ago. But I remember back in 2001 when Pantera announced their Aus tour, Newcastle was on the schedule but was soon cancelled to poor ticket sales which was odd for then in Newcastle. They'd played here every 2 years or so prior to that tour and it was always successful.. So it's a bit of a gamble playing here. We Novacastrians are a weird mob. Haha

Why the fuck does anything need to be in Newcastle? Who gives a fuck about them :lol:

Where are you from?

I'm from Melbourne. If you're from Newcastle I didn't mean to shit on you :lol: But like why the fuck can't bands just tour capital cities? so much easier and it looks better too compared to half filled venues in areas that aren't exactly smack bang in the middle of the main cities. I mean no one comes to Victoria and would tour Geelong or whatever. Just streamline it and get the crowds along if they care enough instead of embarrassing yourselves with half filled venues.

Kiss and Motley hasn't been a huge seller either.

They've practically sold out night #1 at Allphones arena, night 2 is selling pretty slow admittedly, but it is around a 18,000 seat arena. They sold out Brisbane entertainment centre and have now added extra restricted view seats. They added a second show in Melbourne. They have sold out all meet and greets in every city going for $1500 a pop.

Springsteen has sold out 2-3 shows in each city around the country.

You're right, people can't go to everything, but If people want to see a band like GNR, they will make it happen.

The tour is selling poorly, I think mainly from the terrible press guns have received the past few tours (late start times, people saying it was a sh*tty coverband, allegations of lip synching in Townsville or Mackay, wherever it was, resulting in mass walkout of fans).

At any rate I don't think it's right to try and make excuses and blame the time frame they are touring or saying that no one else is selling out but a festival at the moment. It's just simply not true.

This. 100% man a lot of folks know this isn't the real Guns and no one cares. For an alternative well balanced forum in Australia check this out for opinion.

http://forums.whirlp...s.cfm?t=2032097

Alternatively there's a perfect album thread on there and Guns are mentioned stacks of times by posters. Go figure.

All is forgiven. Haha

You've got a pretty good point there. We were once a very musically orientated town. The Screaming Jets, Silverchair. Both local talent and massive bands. Metallica sold out here back in 1998, Pink played something like 4 or 5 nights at the NEC to sold out crowds a few years ago. But I remember back in 2001 when Pantera announced their Aus tour, Newcastle was on the schedule but was soon cancelled to poor ticket sales which was odd for then in Newcastle. They'd played here every 2 years or so prior to that tour and it was always successful.. So it's a bit of a gamble playing here. We Novacastrians are a weird mob. Haha

I'm in Hobart so it's even worse, if we get a big name act advertised they sell bugger all tickets and it's cancelled and then everyone moans we get nothing! Everyone here still lives off AC/DC selling 20,000 tickets in 2001. Sticking to the capital cities is a better option and it doesn't bother me, I'd rather fly to Melbourne or Sydney to watch a show anyway.

But like I said its more than Soundwave and Soundwave brings you a fuck tonne of bands, one of which Blink 182 is playing the Music Bowl plus Metallica FOR only $ 185

Certainly good value for money there this year but when the promoter says he spent 42 million to put it on I doubt there's any money to be made otherwise tickets would have to be $500 a pop!

I think Soundwave make money because of all the simultanous sideshows

Also the venues make lots from beer :)

I remember the last Soundwave I went to with friends that we got so sloshed that by the time Iron Maiden came on we were just pissed in the distant background and didn't even watch them. I wanted to watch them but just couldn't move away from the alcohol stands. Oh well, what are ya' gonna do ???

I think Soundwave make money because of all the simultanous sideshows

Also the venues make lots from beer :)

I remember the last Soundwave I went to with friends that we got so sloshed that by the time Iron Maiden came on we were just pissed in the distant background and didn't even watch them. I wanted to watch them but just couldn't move away from the alcohol stands. Oh well, what are ya' gonna do ???

A mate of mine that same year decided to go for a drink and I never saw him again until Slash finished, then he vanished again and couldn't get close enough to Maiden so went back to the bar, he could have gone to the pub for the day instead lol

But like I said its more than Soundwave and Soundwave brings you a fuck tonne of bands, one of which Blink 182 is playing the Music Bowl plus Metallica FOR only $ 185

Yeah but you don't get full sets. I was going to go to Future Music festival to see The Stone Roses but when they announced a solo show I bought tickets just for that because its all I really wanted to see.

Yeah but you don't get full sets. I was going to go to Future Music festival to see The Stone Roses but when they announced a solo show I bought tickets just for that because its all I really wanted to see.

Metallica will be playing for 2 hours and 15-30 minutes as they aren't doing sideshows.

Does anyone have a spare Sennheiser EK 300 ? I want to record the IEMs at the GnR concerts :)

I've got one in my pocket.

Does anyone have a spare Sennheiser EK 300 ? I want to record the IEMs at the GnR concerts :)

I've got one in my pocket.

for real, or are you being a prick? :D

Edited by Gunns