Guns n roses australia march 2013, confirmed!

bumblerose

More scalpers out in force on fleaBay. Reported the new ones - Sydney and Brisbane have several new ones, Perth has none. Awwww.

Report if it you like whoever wants to.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice some of the scalpers on ebay didn't sell, especially the one selling at $1,200 who has relisted their price to $980. If this is illegal then I wonder why ebay allows them to sell, they asked me for details on the reports I made but if you have all been reporting and they're still up for sale I'd say ebay couldn't care less. Very unfair.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=140910952758

Lets hope nobody buys. Or what happens if we all bid and then don't pay up at the end - can we be in trouble?

Edited by rock4eva

I notice some of the scalpers on ebay didn't sell, especially the one selling at $1,200 who has relisted their price to $980. If this is illegal then I wonder why ebay allows them to sell, they asked me for details on the reports I made but if you have all been reporting and they're still up for sale I'd say ebay couldn't care less. Very unfair.

Lets hope nobody buys. Or what happens if we all bid and then don't pay up at the end - can we be in trouble?

you can be in trouble, but you could play the 'it's illegal to scalp tickets' card.

ebay dont give a shit, they're making shitloads of scalping. the only time they actually enforced anything is when football grand finals come up..

you can be in trouble, but you could play the 'it's illegal to scalp tickets' card.

ebay dont give a shit, they're making shitloads of scalping. the only time they actually enforced anything is when football grand finals come up..

Yes I know there was a furore over the grand final, so what's the difference? They would make a lot of money from those tickets as well or does the AFL have some hold over Ebay whereas Ticketek/master/promoter doesn't?

Yes I know there was a furore over the grand final, so what's the difference? They would make a lot of money from those tickets as well or does the AFL have some hold over Ebay whereas Ticketek/master/promoter doesn't?

The AFL brought it in as a condition for the Grand Final so it is illegal, QLD is the only state with anti scalping laws and there is certain percentage above face value a ticket can be sold at but I'm not sure what that is, no other state has a law so it's actually not illegal however eBay have a rule where you have to have the item within a certain period to be able to sell it but it doesn't help this situation, this is why we've seen shows go on sale with tickets not being posted for 6 months or more ie. Radiohead and One Direction.

At the end of the day eBay don't care as they make money off the sale then make more when the buyer uses Paypal, even if they do start banning it there are US sites which scalpers will list on as its not illegal there. My understanding is there is no law against it here as its not really a problem, a concert goes ahead with maybe 14000 tickets on sale and we might see 50 to 100 be re-sold and for this Melbourne show we may be less than 50.

Oh and for the record I don't condone scalping I'm just stating facts.

The AFL brought it in as a condition for the Grand Final so it is illegal, QLD is the only state with anti scalping laws and there is certain percentage above face value a ticket can be sold at but I'm not sure what that is, no other state has a law so it's actually not illegal however eBay have a rule where you have to have the item within a certain period to be able to sell it but it doesn't help this situation, this is why we've seen shows go on sale with tickets not being posted for 6 months or more ie. Radiohead and One Direction.

At the end of the day eBay don't care as they make money off the sale then make more when the buyer uses Paypal, even if they do start banning it there are US sites which scalpers will list on as its not illegal there. My understanding is there is no law against it here as its not really a problem, a concert goes ahead with maybe 14000 tickets on sale and we might see 50 to 100 be re-sold and for this Melbourne show we may be less than 50.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also it sucks! The best system for tickets I've seen is Pearl Jams fan club, the longer you've been a member the better the tickets you get through them and they have a big allocation.

I wasn't going to be going to see them this time around as me and the wife have a new baby at home and can't really afford to pay the ticket prices. But i just won 2 tickets to the Perth show on Mix 94.5. Fuck yes!!!

So anybody going to the Perth show, I will see you there!

rock3

I wasn't going to be going to see them this time around as me and the wife have a new baby at home and can't really afford to pay the ticket prices. But i just won 2 tickets to the Perth show on Mix 94.5. Fuck yes!!!

rock3

Awesome man ! Well done. Enjoy the show and more importantly congratulations on a new baby!

:)

rock3

Awesome man ! Well done. Enjoy the show and more importantly congratulations on a new baby!

:)

Cheers bud. I know Axl won't be as good as when i saw them on the 2010 tour, but hey, not much will compare to those shows.

What block you in?

rock3

What block you in?

rock3

Not too sure what block we're in, or if it's standing as yet. All depends what tickets the radio station were allotted i guess.

Looking forward to Perth the arena looks pretty cool

Yea the Arena the looks cool. I'll be there to see KISS and Motley on Feb 28, so i'll be able to check it out then first.

There's an interview with Dizzy in today's West Australian newspaper, page 7 of the Today liftout. Doesn't really paint the band in a good or bad light, I guess that's something.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/16042372/dizzy-on-a-rockn-beast/

No longer mourn the band they were? HA! :rofl-lol: What a fuckin pile of shite.