The Ritz 88

Anonymity

If you haven't, check out the gig from Middletown,NY 1988. Video is ok, n the audio is decent. I live about 20 mins from there.

I'd agree that it's not one of the better shows (Axl has sounded better, out of tune guitars, Slash seeming really out of it, and so on) but the magic of it is being able to see the band at that stage. It's one of the most raw shows I can think of from any band. Having it in great quality really adds to the appeal as well. Musically speaking, the London show at The Marquee from 1987 is superior, and thankfully we have a soundboard of that as well.

No doubt I am not saying the show sucks just that it is not the best. It is amazing we even have anything from that era in that quality and the performance is not bad by any means so I am not complaining.

And there is supposedly a bunch of video that was shot during that 87 Marquee tour in the vaults which will hopefully see the light of day someday

Indeed. It's nice that we've got a pro-shot of a show that's decent rather than one that was totally awful during this period, like Donington 1988 for example where Axl sounds horrible.

I'd bet there's even more than that in the vaults. Unfortunately, we probably won't see it. At least we've got our bootlegs!

I like Middletown, NY 1988. Got it on dvd. I really also like Toledo, Ohio 05-01 1988.

Edited by aranrod

There is more video of what you are asking,below is one of the Stones gigs. Sorry I dont know if this is the one where Axl reams out Slash. He might fall off the stage in this one to, during Outta Get Me,again sorry Im not sure.Also there is video of Donnington but not very good. Paradise City Show I believe there is audio not sure about video of whole set or song.There is a small clip of the Street Scene youtube Guns n Roses Street Scene 1986.

I checked my LA Coliseum 10-22- DVD, but I didn't see him fall down during Outta get me... Mind you, there are a few bad patches in the dvd so I might have missed it. Do you have any clue before or after which song he reams out at Slash so I can look it up? I can't remember it anymore. Shame on me. :unsure: And the coming days I have no time to play the complete dvd and check it out, sorry. :mellow:

Edited by aranrod

Its one of the 4 shows were they opened for the Stones. 1st or 2nd night. Its the show when Axl tells the crowd, to many people are dancing with Mr. Brownstone.

Also I beleive the show that Axl falls is at their homecoming gig at the LA Forum.

There is more video of what you are asking,below is one of the Stones gigs. Sorry I dont know if this is the one where Axl reams out Slash. He might fall off the stage in this one to, during Outta Get Me,again sorry Im not sure.Also there is video of Donnington but not very good. Paradise City Show I believe there is audio not sure about video of whole set or song.There is a small clip of the Street Scene youtube Guns n Roses Street Scene 1986.

I checked my LA Coliseum 10-22- DVD, but I didn't see him fall down during Outta get me... Mind you, there are a few bad patches in the dvd so I might have missed it. Do you have any clue before or after which song he reams out at Slash so I can look it up? I can't remember it anymore. Shame on me. :unsure: And the coming days I have no time to play the complete dvd and check it out, sorry. :mellow:

Yeah man the Toledo gig is great to. One of the best versions of Your Crazy.

If you haven't, check out the gig from Middletown,NY 1988. Video is ok, n the audio is decent. I live about 20 mins from there.

I'd agree that it's not one of the better shows (Axl has sounded better, out of tune guitars, Slash seeming really out of it, and so on) but the magic of it is being able to see the band at that stage. It's one of the most raw shows I can think of from any band. Having it in great quality really adds to the appeal as well. Musically speaking, the London show at The Marquee from 1987 is superior, and thankfully we have a soundboard of that as well.

No doubt I am not saying the show sucks just that it is not the best. It is amazing we even have anything from that era in that quality and the performance is not bad by any means so I am not complaining.

And there is supposedly a bunch of video that was shot during that 87 Marquee tour in the vaults which will hopefully see the light of day someday

Indeed. It's nice that we've got a pro-shot of a show that's decent rather than one that was totally awful during this period, like Donington 1988 for example where Axl sounds horrible.

I'd bet there's even more than that in the vaults. Unfortunately, we probably won't see it. At least we've got our bootlegs!

I like Middletown, NY 1988. Got it on dvd. I really also like Toledo, Ohio 05-01 1988.

I'm talking about footage the Stones shot, not audience video.

I've been wondering how much exists of them as the support act when they started playing arenas.

Donington - it looks like there was pro shot footage of other bands, but there's not much of it.

Oh my bad man. Correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the Stones known for just throwing opening bands out to the wolves (their fans), to see how well they handled it? Ive seen the Stones twice w the Foo Fighters opening and the crowd was damn hostile lol, Im not a FF fan btw. So I don't think they would film an opening band, but I might be wrong.

About Donnington, there has to be more video of the show, since they were filming PC. Axl and his damn vault

I'm talking about footage the Stones shot, not audience video.

I've been wondering how much exists of them as the support act when they started playing arenas.

Donington - it looks like there was pro shot footage of other bands, but there's not much of it.

• 2 weeks later...

And that was not even considered one of their better shows from the era. i was at the first Ritz show in 1987 and IMHO it was a much better show then the 88 Ritz show so imagine how good they were on a great night..............

Can't argue with anyone who actually saw first hand one of these iconic shows. :thimbsup:

And that was not even considered one of their better shows from the era. i was at the first Ritz show in 1987 and IMHO it was a much better show then the 88 Ritz show so imagine how good they were on a great night..............

Can't argue with anyone who actually saw first hand one of these iconic shows. :thimbsup:

Don't get me wrong I still think the 88 MTV Ritz show is very good but the 87 Ritz and 87 L'Amour shows I saw were better performances so it just goes to show what an amazing live band they were back then that even on an average night like the 88 Ritz show they still kicked ass.......I don't think there will ever again be a live band like AFD era Guns N Roses..............

Yup, classicrawker, I heard the same thing: That Ritz 88 wasn't even one of their better shows. I think Slash himself said that too. So imagine ... wow.

If you guys haven't yet, you gotta get a hold of the Marquee 87 show. It's a soundboard recording and probably one of their all time best live performances.

Yup, classicrawker, I heard the same thing: That Ritz 88 wasn't even one of their better shows. I think Slash himself said that too. So imagine ... wow.

If you guys haven't yet, you gotta get a hold of the Marquee 87 show. It's a soundboard recording and probably one of their all time best live performances.

I used to have it but the pc it was crashed.

What an epic show!