Estranged Axl & Fink + 1999 sessions?

SeBaZ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Man, the story on that song sounds awesome.

Yeah, he was saying how insignificant the law suits seamed under the circumstances. Surprised you never heard that before.

Are you familiar w the Oklahoma City bombing, back in th 90's?

I wonder if "Down By The Ocean" wound up being something Izzy used for himself.

"Berlin" or "Oklahoma". Interesting titles, because Berlin could mean something like the Cold War, or something that reminded Axl of Lou Reed's "Berlin", most depressing album ever made.

Skwerl said there were 10 songs, there's 10 songs mentioned above, so unless he says otherwise, these are prob. the songs floating around.

Edited by dalsh327

The Big Daddy SCOM is awful until the solo. Fuck. Axl sounds like he forgot to stop singing like Madagascar, the editing is bad, the mixing is weird. If that's what the rest of AFD 99 sounded like, I'm glad it wasn't released. The solo, drums, and breakdown is pretty boss, though.

Wow, the 99 SCOM really kills the song. Finck's overly electronic sounding guitar and Axl's weak vocals pale when compared to the AFD version.

Also pretty weak of Axl to have the first part be a live version instead of the far superior studio version. How to make something not so good sound better? Precede by something worse.

Maybe it's better GnR broke up in the 90s.

The Big Daddy SCOM is awful until the solo. Fuck. Axl sounds like he forgot to stop singing like Madagascar, the editing is bad, the mixing is weird. If that's what the rest of AFD 99 sounded like, I'm glad it wasn't released. The solo, drums, and breakdown is pretty boss, though.

it was never intended for release...

The first half is a live version from 1992 and the second half is the 1999 studio version. Random, I know. Also, who the hell does that "Figaro figaro figaro" in the beginning?

it's part of the movie.

Love that movie, but haven't seen it in a while. What part?

drtydane says it's Axl.

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

People complaining about the raspy vocals on the above Sweet Child is funny when day after day all you read is rasp rasp rasp,well there you are.If you check out the performances from 2010 that is pretty much how he was singing the song live.

The first half is a live version from 1992 and the second half is the 1999 studio version. Random, I know. Also, who the hell does that "Figaro figaro figaro" in the beginning?

it's part of the movie.

drtydane says it's Axl.

well my bad

The tune’s intro also includes a voice repeating the word, ‘Figaro,’ which was a last-minute addition ‘for fun,’ courtesy of Rose, says Lahman.”

I

it's part of the movie.

drtydane says it's Axl.

I certainly don't think it's axl singing but i remember hearing he added it for fun, as was posted.

what about this ===> http://gunsnroses.co...te-lyrics/?wap2

Is it fake??

Yep. Fake. If you listen to the Checkmate clip I posted he says at the end, "all in good-". The lyrics don't have this in them so it is fake. If one is fake, most likely so is the other. Those lyrics for The General sound really stupid and don't think it's something Axl would write.