Estranged Axl & Fink + 1999 sessions?

SeBaZ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post the full song in 24 hs. I have it in an old cassette, it's in my old home.

you have the 1999 studio estranged? can i ask how you came about it ?

he was talking about the coverband...

as someone claimed earlier, this is a GNR coverband from Brazil playing Estranged

Edited by Crash Diet

i do think a re-recording of estranged exists, at least vocally -- live era is very obviously circa '99 axl for most of its duration and you can literally hear the shift in recordings towards the end when he suddenly goes early-90s rasp -- but AFAIK slash's original parts were used for live era. it's possible that finck, however, did record certain parts (regardless of whether they made it onto the live era record).

i do think a re-recording of estranged exists, at least vocally -- live era is very obviously circa '99 axl for most of its duration and you can literally hear the shift in recordings towards the end when he suddenly goes early-90s rasp -- but AFAIK slash's original parts were used for live era. it's possible that finck, however, did record certain parts (regardless of whether they made it onto the live era record).

I doubt that Robin, on his best day, could do any sort of justice to Estranged.

Finck is an awesome guitar player. The sloppy style live is just to fuck around.

Finck is an awesome guitar player. The sloppy style live is just to fuck around.

I liked his style during 2001-2002, not so much in 2006-2007.