Should GnR have used The Last Stand as an opportunity to release a new hit single?

Cosmo

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

No, The Last Stand as indicated by others is set to be a commercial flop. The Arnie factor relates to old Guns N' Roses. Axl should seek to plug avenues exclusive to the newer line-ups. Like what he did with If The World and Body of Lies.

No, The Last Stand as indicated by others is set to be a commercial flop. The Arnie factor relates to old Guns N' Roses. Axl should seek to plug avenues exclusive to the newer line-ups. Like what he did with If The World and Body of Lies.

Indeed. While the idea would be cool considering the history between Arnold and Guns N' Roses, it didn't really work for End of Days/Oh My God and that had the hype of the end of the world as well as Arnold's 'come back' going for it. The Last Stand has not been rated so highly and Arnold took 9 years off, people have moved on. The thing that worked for The Expendables was that is was an ensemble of classic 80's action stars. He also didn't have the build up that Stallone had by making sequels to classics of Rocky and Rambo.

They should wait till Arnold does another Terminator movie.

Arnold said he is making another Terminator movie, so GNR has time to come up with a cool song or not!

I think Axl and GNR should make a new song and a new video, so people can see the new GNR.

Maybe update You could be mine. lol

GnR should have used Vegas to announce a new album and launch a new single.

It was about as good as a GnR show gets on this material with this band. But no more than that. No progress. No moving forward.

They massively dropped the ball there imo.

Launch a new single, play it every night, announce an album and get press. Would've been huge.