Dizzy Reed: 'This is the real Guns N' Roses'

Guest NGOG

Axl saved Dizzy from being homeless so I would expect nothing less from him...I take what he says with a grain of salt.....get back to me when Duff, Izzy, Slash or Steven come out and say the same thing.........

I believe all but Slash have said the same thing.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just like moths to a flame, all the people living in the past come out in droves to discredit Dizzy, insult him, and talk shit. Axl owns them all. Haha.

Right because Axl doesn't own Dizzy's ass..tha man was jobless and on the verge of being homeless and when Axl hired him...What the fuck else do you expect him to say as Axl is his meal ticket....Axl cultists blind loyalty never ceases to amaze me..........

Doesn't change the fact that you and all your little clones are living in the past. That's the difference between you and me. I've accepted reality. You're desperately clinging to some fantasy delusion of yesteryear. Good luck with that.

You accept Axl's reality of things without question mate which is quite different from the real world.......makes you no better than a cult member........

and I have never once said I am waiting for a reunion as I seen the real thing back in 1987 and 1988 so no clinging on the past here...........

Gee that's funny, I thought we were talking about Dizzy. I don't accept "Axl's reality." I accept reality. Axl has said, repeatedly, in no uncertain terms: no reunion, going to continue to use the name, no hugging it out with Slash. That's not "Axl's reality." That's just he reality of what he has said. Unlike you and some others around here, I can deal with lineup changes: I'm a fan of several bands who have had significant lineup changes: Deep Purple, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, among others. And I like the various incarnations of each of those bands (except for David Coverdale Deep Purple, /jk). It is what it is. I've accepted the reality, nothing more. Hell, I was pissed off when Matt joined the band. I hated him and his sound and his look. But even at 12 years old, I learned to accept him as part of the band's evolution. Lineups change. Shit happens.

Talking shit about Axl on the internet won't accomplish anything, other than to cupcake people who have moved on and are simply enjoying Guns n Roses in its current incarnation. We get it. No really we do. lol

Difference is, all those bands somehow managed to constently release new music while Axl fell flat on his face and blew all chances he had to establish New Guns N`Roses sad but true he`s his own worst enemy

Difference is, all those bands somehow managed to constently release new music while Axl fell flat on his face and blew all chances he had to establish New Guns N`Roses sad but true he`s his own worst enemy

Good luck getting that through to brainsaber. He didn't come around the GNR world until CD was coming out. To him, there wasn't any time between eras for there to be a failure.

It is funny how mad the Axl worshippers get anytime somebody says something negative about their God. Could it be because no matter how much they worship Axl's every move, and no matter how many times they insult Slash and Duff, at the end of the day, keeping the GnR name and all it's weight and power and financial benefit hasn't really helped that much , Axl will NEVER be as succesful with the GnR name as he was when the evil Slash and Duff were in the band. I think that is why they get so angry and defensive and lash out at anybody who dares says something negative about their God.

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous.

First off, everything in this topic is totally speculative. None of us know what happened and who is to blame. So some of you need to take a step off your high horse and STOP acting like your opinion is fact. Your hatred and anger towards Slash and Duff is laughable and just shows your Axl bias. And again, at the end of the day, those two guys that you keep insulting? Guess what? Axl and GnR was 100 times more successful when they were in the band compared to when they weren't!!!!!! And the band that you idolize so much today is making a living playing songs that Slash/Duff helped created. And as long as Axl and Team Brazil refuse to release music created by the new guys, then they will continue sucking the hind tit of Slash/Duff and making a living off of their material.

With Slash/Duff. Four albums in five years. Best selling debut album of all time. Two other albums that sold over 7 million copies apiece. Record breaking tours. Number one videos. Considered one of the top rock bands alive and destined to top the Stones and Aerosmith.

Minus Slash/Duff?????? One album in 20 years that didn't sell a million copies in the US and only sold 3 million world wide. They are now playing weddings, playing Vegas shows (like Motley Crue and Def Leppard) and unless it is a special event, GnR is playing to 5,000 people a night in arenas they used to sell out.

How exatly has Axl "won"??????????????

I also like how the worshippers leave out all the negative parts that Axl contributed to the classic band's demise. They leave out that Axl turned into a dictator, removed himself from the rest of the band, the shows he started HOURS late or the shows where he didn't even SHOW UP at all and they had to be cancelled.

The breakup wasn't just because of Slash/Duff's addiction problems. That played a major role, as did Axl's primma donna behavior. Axl was JUST as much at fault as everybody else.

And let us not forget why Axl's best buddy Izzy quit as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got tired of Axl's act and quit the band.

Look at quotes from the other major bands that were around during GnR's hey day. I'm not talking about lower level bands that were part of the GnR system (bach, hoon). Bands that were at the same level as GnR - Metallica, Nirvana, Bon Jovi.......they all thought Axl was a joke.

Duff put out several albums and is semi-retired, just enjoying his life.

Slash has put out several albums, plays with everybody and their brother, tours and appears to be enjoying his life.

Axl? One album in 20 years, still fighting with the press and fans and random people, still suing people, and still holding a grudge against half the people in the music world.

Sure. Sounds like Axl has "won" and the other guys have "lost."

Axl Rose is my favorite rock singer of all time.

Appetite is my favorite rock album of all time.

I think CD is the best rock album of the last decade.

I would prefer a new album from the current band tomorrow over a reunion.

Dizzy is right. Technically, this is the real Guns n Roses. Axl owns the name, and the current band members are Guns n Roses. But until they put out material that stands beside the old band's material.....a lot of people are not going to accept them as equals.

But those of you who blindly worship his every move and who bash everything that Slash/Duff does and actually think that Slash/Duff were the reasons that the band broke-up and Axl had no fault in it............are simply delusional and give the rest of GnR fans a bad name.

Damn it's really long, i agree 99% of your post.

But i think Dizzy always sounds like a yes man, didn't he say this is the best lineup?

It is funny how mad the Axl worshippers get anytime somebody says something negative about their God. Could it be because no matter how much they worship Axl's every move, and no matter how many times they insult Slash and Duff, at the end of the day, keeping the GnR name and all it's weight and power and financial benefit hasn't really helped that much , Axl will NEVER be as succesful with the GnR name as he was when the evil Slash and Duff were in the band. I think that is why they get so angry and defensive and lash out at anybody who dares says something negative about their God.

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous.

First off, everything in this topic is totally speculative. None of us know what happened and who is to blame. So some of you need to take a step off your high horse and STOP acting like your opinion is fact. Your hatred and anger towards Slash and Duff is laughable and just shows your Axl bias. And again, at the end of the day, those two guys that you keep insulting? Guess what? Axl and GnR was 100 times more successful when they were in the band compared to when they weren't!!!!!! And the band that you idolize so much today is making a living playing songs that Slash/Duff helped created. And as long as Axl and Team Brazil refuse to release music created by the new guys, then they will continue sucking the hind tit of Slash/Duff and making a living off of their material.

With Slash/Duff. Four albums in five years. Best selling debut album of all time. Two other albums that sold over 7 million copies apiece. Record breaking tours. Number one videos. Considered one of the top rock bands alive and destined to top the Stones and Aerosmith.

Minus Slash/Duff?????? One album in 20 years that didn't sell a million copies in the US and only sold 3 million world wide. They are now playing weddings, playing Vegas shows (like Motley Crue and Def Leppard) and unless it is a special event, GnR is playing to 5,000 people a night in arenas they used to sell out.

How exatly has Axl "won"??????????????

I also like how the worshippers leave out all the negative parts that Axl contributed to the classic band's demise. They leave out that Axl turned into a dictator, removed himself from the rest of the band, the shows he started HOURS late or the shows where he didn't even SHOW UP at all and they had to be cancelled.

The breakup wasn't just because of Slash/Duff's addiction problems. That played a major role, as did Axl's primma donna behavior. Axl was JUST as much at fault as everybody else.

And let us not forget why Axl's best buddy Izzy quit as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got tired of Axl's act and quit the band.

Look at quotes from the other major bands that were around during GnR's hey day. I'm not talking about lower level bands that were part of the GnR system (bach, hoon). Bands that were at the same level as GnR - Metallica, Nirvana, Bon Jovi.......they all thought Axl was a joke.

Duff put out several albums and is semi-retired, just enjoying his life.

Slash has put out several albums, plays with everybody and their brother, tours and appears to be enjoying his life.

Axl? One album in 20 years, still fighting with the press and fans and random people, still suing people, and still holding a grudge against half the people in the music world.

Sure. Sounds like Axl has "won" and the other guys have "lost."

Axl Rose is my favorite rock singer of all time.

Appetite is my favorite rock album of all time.

I think CD is the best rock album of the last decade.

I would prefer a new album from the current band tomorrow over a reunion.

Dizzy is right. Technically, this is the real Guns n Roses. Axl owns the name, and the current band members are Guns n Roses. But until they put out material that stands beside the old band's material.....a lot of people are not going to accept them as equals.

But those of you who blindly worship his every move and who bash everything that Slash/Duff does and actually think that Slash/Duff were the reasons that the band broke-up and Axl had no fault in it............are simply delusional and give the rest of GnR fans a bad name.

I disagree with your assessment of CD and your implicit hope that the new lineup can create something of interest (not that I wouldn't listen to it immediately with crossed fingers, hoping, hoping, hoping that I would hear Axl pull it together out of nowhere), but this is the most reasonable post I've seen on this board in a long time. I would like to see a reasonable response from some of the so-called worshipers, not just their pointing out that certain members, who, according to the self-appointed sheriff of nothing, nobrains, deserve to be "targeted", have a posting history that is negative toward Axl.

Edited by magisme

I wonder if they got what he said right, because, you know, Axl's fat and bloated balls were probably in his mouth during the interview....

You've been here long enough to know better.

That kind of thing is even pushing it in Attitude, and it's absolutely not going to be tolerated in the main section. I don't know why those of you who have issues with Axl/the current lineup feel a need to hang around in here when you've got a whole section to rant.

I wonder if they got what he said right, because, you know, Axl's fat and bloated balls were probably in his mouth during the interview....

That kind of thing is even pushing it in Attitude, and it's absolutely not going to be tolerated in the main section. I don't know why those of you who have issues with Axl/the current lineup feel a need to hang around in here when you've got a whole section to rant.

Since you're here maybe you can explain if this section allows people to talk shit about former members. I mean, in this section you can't say "Axl is fat" but you can say "Slash is fat"? Let me know.

Since you're here maybe you can explain if this section allows people to talk shit about former members. I mean, in this section you can't say "Axl is fat" but you can say "Slash is fat"? Let me know.

Or how that is even pushing it in Attitude when you have Damn_Smooth going ape shit in every topic.

I'd like clarification on this too.

Or how that is even pushing it in Attitude when you have Damn_Smooth going ape shit in every topic.

Yes, basically Damn Snoot goes crazy in every thread (some of which have interesting arguments) and makes everything about himself. He ruins the section.

Yes, basically Damn Snoot goes crazy in every thread (some of which have interesting arguments) and makes everything about himself. He ruins the section.

Maybe there should be another section named I Don't Care about You. Fuck You. Damn Spoof can have conversations with himself all day.

All GNR members in recent interview are saying how great the band is. You don't need to explain tour legacy. You don't need to point it every time. Just let your music speaks for itself. But Axl and his guys have done nothing for their legacy in the past decade. If Dizzy thinks that the onley thing that matters is go on tour kicking asses, bad news guys...

Well as Esranged Reality pointed out, insulting forum members, even in the attitude section is against the rules. Given that you've made it your mission to do precisely that, and bragged about it, then you can't blame other forum members for getting sick of your behaviour.

He has a point, in terms of them putting in the work. I feel like they have a valid claim to being seem as a legit GNR line up. The Bucket line up is accepted and Dizzy was part of that. I think this one will if and when they deliver a record. But still look at the years they've put in.

The Bucket line-up was laughed off the stage man. No line-up minus Slash and Duff has been accepted.

Keep telling yourself that as you live in complete denial about the neverending tour (which, coincidentally you always bitch about too) which seems to be quite successful.