Axl Rose, your favorite moments

pugachev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note about that first clip: I love Duff's backing vocals. I really loved that about the classic lineup in early performances, how high up the backing vocals were. "My Michelle" from the Ritz show is sick as fuck that way.

I like Axl's intro to this song too.

Here, Axl absolutely destroys Tom Petty:

Edited by GnR Chris

I don't think he was destroying Petty, Tom was doing his thing. The Heartbreakers were always a great backing band, they kicked Dylan's ass and made him sound as good as he'll ever get, but I wonder if Tom moved away from Axl because he was practically in his ear. That's gotta be 130 decibels *L*

Edited by dalsh327

Yes- back in the 'Live Era' I thought he was greatest of all time. Put all these guys in their heydays and you can say they all are the "greatest"- Rose, Dickinson, Plant, Ozzy, Roth, Tyler, Jagger, Dio...I'm sure I'm missing a bunch others.

Edited by Snowmass

"Axl Rose, greatest frontman of all time"

On his day back in his prime he was certainly up there with the best but "greatest of all time"?

For me he is. There are a few truly great frontmen who all have something special (and then a bunch of pretty good ones) but for me Axl on his day is unmatchable.

Yes- back in the 'Live Era' I thought he was greatest of all time. Put all these guys in their heydays and you can say they all are the "greatest"- Rose, Dickinson, Plant, Ozzy, Roth, Tyler, Jagger, Dio...I'm sure I'm missing a bunch others.

Definitely.

You forgot Freddie.

Axl could be the best if he didn't destroy his own career.