If The World - was it the big single off CD?

wasted

On the release of CD, most press clippings mentioned that it came with a new song, If the World as featured in the Body of Lies movie.

Would you say that makes it the single. And Shackler's Revenge was on Rock Band so that was like the pre-release build up single like YCBM was.

I would say If The World is the most catchy song on CD.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be in the minority then. Not fond of the song at all. To date. Who knows I might change my mind in time to come.

It has more of a pop slant. If any song was going to cross over it's that. You can hear the lyrics and it's pretty immediate. great solos. It's a bit like In the Evening by Zepp though.

Was it properly released as a single, though? I think for me, the first (and really only...) single I consider to be from ChiDem is the title track. I remember the countdown, the radio release and the subsequent articles about it. It just kinda faded and I don't think they properly attempted to follow it up with anything else. If the World was the first 'official' release from the album, though, from what I recall...

That's what I mean, If The World was on a soundtrack and Shackler's on a video game. Which makes them singles in this era. I think Chi dem was the digital single though which was available on iTunes. Better charted.

But those songs were kind of old news. They'd played them live and leaked etc.

When record came

Shackler's

ITW

Scraped

Sorry

TIL

Prostitute

were new and could have been singles.

I've always thought it looks like

ITW

Sorry

TIL

could have been the singles and if they did well Prostitute could have been unleashed.

I don't think they are comparable at all. I remember when they played the single CD on Irish radio for the first time. Afterwards the DJ commented on how it didn't sound like Axl at all and that it sounded like studio trickery on his vocals because his voice was shot.

Then you have Madagascar, awful vocals, Prostitute awful vocals autotuned, Scraped is just a pissing contest that sounded good on paper but turned out awful. I could go on.

I don't think they are comparable at all. I remember when they played the single CD on Irish radio for the first time. Afterwards the DJ commented on how it didn't sound like Axl at all and that it sounded like studio trickery on his vocals because his voice was shot.

Then you have Madagascar, awful vocals, Prostitute awful vocals autotuned, Scraped is just a pissing contest that sounded good on paper but turned out awful. I could go on.

i think with madagascar its allow the listener to feel empathy with vocal. Same was done with Nov rain i think. Im talking more about the high pitch on Jungle or PC its just covered up by the music. Whereas on Itw its left in the open. The vocals on CD do seem more produced, more considered pertrack. With the more techno songs like Scraped, Better, Scraped the more AcDc type vocals isnt going to work. It sort becomes part of the music than just sitting underneath. Another influence is Jonathan Davis on Alone I Break, the album has that confessional feel and sometimes the vocals are awkwark because hes had to say it. Like Rollins, Korn or Holy Bible era Manics. I agree though vocally the album is a tour de force. Its ike I can do this so I will, its all very overwrought. I blame Korn.

Nooooooooo. Best thing about it is the solo. Decent song but poor single choice in my opinion.

It was almost a single just because every other song had leaked years before. So only Shacklers, ITW and TIL are really viable singles maybe Scraped and Sorry. Prostitute maybe with a video.