If The World - was it the big single off CD?

wasted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have ran with either Catcher or TWAT given the overall ages of the song and the fact they're basically both the Chinese equivalent of the UYI epics and don't need the indignity of single status. I think the camp essentially got the single choices right from a commercial standpoint. Better was the obvious first choice, would have been utterly perfect if hadn't leaked prior. This developed into the other simplistic yet slightly more sophisticated Chinese Democracy. Then Street of Dreams was the spanner in the works, pity it wasn't The Blues version we came to know from 2001, I think that would have been picked up.

Shacklers, This I Love, If The World, Prostitute

And Riad would have fit into a horror flick like the first Human Centipede.

Basically the discussion of Chinese Democracy from a promotional angle is futile as Axl more or less passively boycotted the commercial efforts behind his own album, because he found the agreed marketing strategy to be at best underwhelming.

Well, Best Buy took over the marketing/promo of the album. The label told Axl not to do a video. My theory is that it was Azoff that pissed off Axl around the time of the release so much that he didn't want to talk to the media.

Shackler's on Rock Band and If The World seemed like the pre- release singles. Then on release it was Chi Dem, it was meant to be Better, and it was but no video. I guess you need management to get it out to tv stations.

Axl is pretty determined. Even after all that, which could have been predicted. He got Dj and headed out on tour. Without management.

Not sure if SOD ever went out.

Basically ever single song on CD, other than Prostitute has been either leaked or had it's time live.

I dunno if it was Azoff personally that killed Axl's participation upon release. I think his agenda only releally became crystal clear in early 2009. Certainly he was probably pulling a lot of strings within the label that were really disgruntling Axl. There were probably a lot of nos at the time, which Axl wasn't use to.

Street of Dreams was a single, maybe March 2009? But there was absolutely nothing done in terms of publicity. It was the most low key single in the history of the industry.